DVDVR Message Board

POLL 11/26-12/2/2022- WHAT WAS THE BEST FREE TV MATCH OF THE WEEK? MAAAN!

DEAN

WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?

• Willow Nightingale vs Anna JAS- DYNAMITE
    • Darby Allin vs Cole Karter- RAMPAGE
    • QT Marshall vs Orange Cassidy- RAMPAGE
    • Sheamus vs Sami Zayn- SMACKDOWN
    • Ricochet vs Santo Escobar- SMACKDOWN
    • GUNTHER vs Kofi Kingston- SMACKDOWN
    • Deonna Purrazzo vs Mickie James- IMPACT!
    • Will Ospreay vs Tetsuya Naito- New Japan on AXS
    • Saya Iida/ Hanan vs Yuu/ Nanae Takahashi- Stardom
    • KiLynn King vs Samantha Starr- NWA PoweRRR
    • Clark Connors/ Kosei Fujita/ Master Wato vs DOUKI/ El Desperado/ Yoshinobu Kanemaru- New Japan World
    • Kenny Omega/ Matt Jackson/ Nick Jackson vs Penta El Zero Miedo/ Rey Fenix/ PAC- DYNAMITE
    • Alex Coughlin/ Gabriel Kidd vs Aaron Henare/ Great-O-Khan- New Japan World
    • Samoa Joe vs AR Fox- DYNAMITE
    • Alex Hammerstone vs El Bandido- MLW
    • Alan Angels vs Danny Limelight- CWFH
    • Allysin Kay vs Ashley D'Ambroise- Women's Wrestling Army
    • Hiroshi Tanahashi/ Toru Yano/ Kosei Fujita/ Ryohei Oiwa vs Aaron Henare/ Great-O-Khan/ Kyle Fletcher/ Mark Davis- New Japan World
    • Matt Cardona vs Rolando Freeman- NWA PoweRRR
    • Jey Uso vs Kevin Owens- RAW
    • Candice LeRae vs Dakota Kai- RAW
    • Mistico/ Negro Casas/ Titan vs Euforia/ Hechicero/ Mephisto- CMLL
    • The Street Profits vs Alpha Academy- RAW
    • The OC vs TheJudgement Day- RAW
    • Brandon Cutler vs Man-Scout- AEW Elevation
    • Maki Ito/ Emi Sakura vs Nyla Rose/ Marina Shafir- AEW Elevation
    • Konosuke Takeshita vs Ari Davairi- AEW Elevation
    • Big Boy/ Big Chico Che/ Big Tackle/ Relampago vs Pig Decapitador/ Pig Desenterrador/ Pig Destroyer/ Pig Destructor- IWRG
    • Soma Watanabe/ Yu Iizuka vs Jun Tonsho/ Keiichi Sato- GLEAT
    • Kaz Hayashi/ Tetsuya Izuchi vs Shigehiro Irie/ T-Hawk- GLEAT
    • Flamita/ Hartley Jackson/ Kaito Ishida/ YUTANI vs Hayato Tamura/ Quiet Storm/ Masato Kamino/ Takanori Ito- GLEAT
    • Matt Menard/ Angelo Parker/ Daniel Garcia vs Tracy Williams/ LSG/ Jack Tomlinson- AEW Dark
    • Angelico vs Hagane Shinno- AEW Dark
    • Dax Harwood vs Bryan Danielson- DYNAMITE
    • Julius Creed vs JD McDonagh- NXT
    • Atlantis Jr vs Volador Jr- CMLL
    • Duke Hudson vs Grayson Waller- NXT
    • Roxanne Perez vs Indi Hartwell- NXT
    • Katana Chance/ Kayden Carter/ Nikkita Lyons vs Mandy Rose/ Gigi Dolin/ Jacy Jayne- NXT
    • Javier Bernal vs Axiom- NXT

Jayzeus!  There are 19 matches on the CUT LIST.  That means that if you are retired and can watch all the free matches on TV and streaming on the internet, there were FIFTY-NINE matches worth watching last week.  I had to pick between Pig Destroyer and the Pigs versus Los Brazos and Pig Destroyer and the Pigs versus the Big Strippers.  The Big Strippers are also fat boys and it was longer and had super lunatic fat boy high spots. The best Lucha match was prolly the Atlantis Jr vs Volador Jr match.  New Japan churned out giant wads of watchable wrestling almost every day, the best being the Ospreay/Naito for the US title on AXS.  GLEAT had some good stuff this week- especially the Irie/T-Hawk tag match. The best WWE match was prolly Ricochet vs Santo Escobar, but that might be recency bias because there were lots of good stuff- Perez/Hartwell; Street Profits vs Alpha Academy; The OC vs Judgement Day and JD McDonagh vs Julius Creed.  AEW had fuckin Bryan Danielson vs Dax Harwood, which I will end up voting for, and match 3 of the best of 7.   Your fringe match of the week was a battle between the awesome match between El Bandido and Alex Hammerstone in MLW and the miracle match between Alan Angels vs Danny Limelight in CWFH.  Your dark horse fringe match of the week was the Matt Cardona vs Rolando Freeman match.  Man, what a week! 

CUT LIST: Jack Evans vs El Bendito- BIG LUCHA; Invictus Khash vs Ray Jaz- CWFH; Dexter Lumis vs The Miz- RAW; Fallon Henley vs Kianna James- NXT; Cezar Bononi/ Pretty Peter Avalon/ Ryan Nemeth vs Matt Hardy/ Isiah Cassidy/ Marq Quen- AEW Dark; Athena vs Dani Mo- RAMPAGE; BUSHI/ Titan vs KUSHIDA/ Kevin Knight- New Japan World; Oskar Leube/ Yuto Nakashima vs Mikey Nicholls/ Shane Haste- New Japan World; Brooke Valentine vs Missa Kate- Women's Wrestling Army; Octagon Jr vs Villano III Jr vs Abismo Negro Jr- AAA; Mylo vs Vipress- CWFH; Lady Flammer vs Lady Shani vs La Hiedra vs Reina Dorada- MLW; Moose vs Bhupinder Gujjar- IMPACT!; Master Wato/ Jado/ Clark Connors/ Ryusuke Taguchi vs Gedo/ Ace Austin/ Chris Bey/ Taiji Ishimori- New Japan World; Hell Boy/ Kauris vs Noisy Boy/ Spider Fly- IWRG; Toru Yano/ Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Alex Coughlin/ Gabriel Kidd- New Japan World; Natalia Markova vs Ella Envy- NWA USA; Pig Decapitador/ Pig Desenterrador/ Pig Destroyer/ Pig Destructor vs Los Brazos- IWRG; Yoshinobu Kanemaru/ DOUKI vs KUSHIDA/ Kevin Knight- New Japan World

• Like 3

Leaning towards OC/JD right now. Danielson/Dax was pretty good but nothing amazing. I don't think it was the best match this week, but it will win due to who was involved and the love we all have for them. Would have likely taken a MOTYC to have people consider anything else.

Still need to check out NJPW, lucha, and maybe GLEAT.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

I went with Danielson Vs Harwood. Two of my favourite wrestlers having an absoloute battle.  

I think in a year or two we might see a Dax Harwood singles run and we will get a fued with Harwood Vs a heel Danielson that have some awesome matches or maybe I am doing too much fantasy booking again lol.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, DEAN said:

I see that Danielson/Harwood is assuming the role of the Dallas Cowboys and everyone else is the Indianapolis Colts.

It was a tough, tough call but I blasphemously went with the trios match because I am an absolute sucker for any match with a brawl around the building before the bell. What can I say, Montreal was a formative experience

• Thanks 1

Alan Angels vs. Danny Limelight made me believe the UWF Heavyweight title was a belt worth having around your waist.  No one works that hard to be the #1 Contender for a bullshit championship.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, DEAN said:

I'm glad Hagane Shinno/Angelico made it on the board.

Voted for that purely to be contrarian, I see this week as a battle for second place. Plus Angelico did his crazy lucha submission of the week and Shinno's signature move was awesome too.

• Like 3

Voted OC/Judgement Day. I really dug Ospreay/Naito, but it probably went 7-10 minutes longer than needed. Volador/Atlantis had a fine final fall, but the first two were super quick nothings. I ended up preferring Mistico/Casas/Titan vs. Los Infernales a lot more. the fat boys tag from IWGR was not good but fun.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

the fat boys tag from IWGR was not good but fun.

I loved that there were like FIVE "Throw a refrigerator from the roof" spots in that.

• Like 2

And your winner IS Dax Harwood vs Bryan Danielson- DYNAMITE!

Second place is:

Ricochet vs Santo Escobar- SMACKDOWN

Deonna Purrazzo vs Mickie James- IMPACT!

Will Ospreay vs Tetsuya Naito- New Japan on AXS

Kenny Omega/ Matt Jackson/ Nick Jackson vs Penta El Zero Miedo/ Rey Fenix/ PAC- DYNAMITE

Samoa Joe vs AR Fox- DYNAMITE

Alan Angels vs Danny Limelight- CWFH

Hiroshi Tanahashi/ Toru Yano/ Kosei Fujita/ Ryohei Oiwa vs Aaron Henare/ Great-O-Khan/ Kyle Fletcher/ Mark Davis- New Japan World

The OC vs TheJudgement Day- RAW

Maki Ito/ Emi Sakura vs Nyla Rose/ Marina Shafir- AEW Elevation

Angelico vs Hagane Shinno- AEW Dark

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• DEAN unpinned this topic