DVDVR Message Board

RAMPAGE!- 12/2/2022!

DEAN

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that everyone who actually watches QT vs OC really, really enjoys it. OC had wonderful matches with Tony Nese, Ari Davari, Jack Hager, and Ethan Page this year. Of course QT is going to be a great foil for him.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

NIFTY YOUNG MEN VERSUS THE FACTORY SPECTACULAR EDITION OF RAMPAGE!!

Orangey Boy Cassidy vs Cutie Marshall: a nonchalantly agreed upon lumberjack match! To see who rules the Atlantic. 

Darby Allin vs Cole Carter: I want to say that if Bryan vs Bald doesn't win DEAN's Poll this week, I will eat a hat. But. I would have said that about Kingston vs Akiyama last week. So who knows? Anyway, both of the AEW Nifty Guys vs Factory Stooges matches have massive sleeper potential.

Athena vs Former Ohio Valley Wrestling Women's Champion "Dynamite" Dani Mo. I am gonna go way out on a limb and predict an Athena win here. Hopefully she continues her YouTube tradition of "being" unprofessionally violent in the ring. It's really fun when she does that!

Plus fucking Jeff Jarrett in the fucking ring again and fucking Saraya on the mic again. Will either of them win me over? I suppose there's a non-zero chance. I think it is more likely that Danielson vs Harwood gets zero votes this week than that I enjoy those particular segments. 

Still very very likely I will enjoy the show as a whole, though. 

It's also possible, perhaps even likely, that Elevation will be Gordlow's favourite pro wrestling show next week. While this edition of Rampage is, like, 60% aimed at my sweet spot (on paper), Elevation is pertmuch 100% Gordlownip. Can't wait!

Edited by Gordlow
pertmuch
  • Like 4

On 11/30/2022 at 11:59 PM, Matt D said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that everyone who actually watches QT vs OC really, really enjoys it. OC had wonderful matches with Tony Nese, Ari Davari, Jack Hager, and Ethan Page this year. Of course QT is going to be a great foil for him.

Not going to lie, I think it'll be as good if not better than his Hager match and that was so good I voted it as match of the week last week.

• Like 2

I think OC-QT is going to be a really good, fun match but I also think both it and Darby-Kole (which might be good, Darby's going to have to do a lot of work) could just as well be Youtube headlining matches.

Remember when I was bitching about Jeff Jarrett and everyone said "don't worry, he was hired for a backstage role and is only going to be on TV once or twice" 🤨

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

Fi6yZpAXgAASdPv?format=jpg&name=large

My mother wants her nightgown back

5 hours ago, JLowe said:

I think OC-QT is going to be a really good, fun match but I also think both it and Darby-Kole (which might be good, Darby's going to have to do a lot of work) could just as well be Youtube headlining matches.

Remember when I was bitching about Jeff Jarrett and everyone said "don't worry, he was hired for a backstage role and is only going to be on TV once or twice" 🤨

well this will be about twice for JJ

On 11/30/2022 at 10:59 PM, Matt D said:

COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU: only unnecessary side note. I saw OC vs Daivari live and everyone was so tired because it was the very end of a long great taping, we were mostly out of it. We still chanted OC a lot but hot dang, we were tuckered.

More a fun side note of how long the shows can be. OC is great. Good stuff.

• Like 2

IT'S RAMPAGE!  Darby Allin takes on Cole Karter!  Karter could be the new Buff Bagwell.  JESUS!  Allin hits craziest fucking TOPES on earth.  Man, Karter is taking an assbeating.  Karter crushes Allin's testicles on the toprope!  We now move to the part of the match where Allin makes his opponent look like a total murderer.  And he does.  Allin is a budding Chris Jericho in that category.  Karter is good at getting the crowd behind Darby Allin's STRUGGLE to escape the low-grade heel beating applied by Cole Karter.  Karter needs to channel his inner douche more to become a TRUE HEAT MACHINE.  Allin makes his comeback and hits a CODE RED!  KARTER HITS A TOPROPE FALCON ARROW!  So Cole Karter has the possibility of ruling soon.  Karter misses on a 450.  I'm digging Karter.  Scorpion Deathdrop and Coffin Drop for the win.  That was good.  COLE KARTER!  HOLY FUCK!  SHANE TAYLOR!  FUCK YEAH!  Holy FUCK, Shane Taylor versus Keith Lee?  Okay, now I gotta get this fucking PPV.  The Acclaimed vs FTR would be good.  The Bunny versus Hikaru Shida for the Pro Wrestling WAVE title?  Sure.  The Bunny is ratings, DADDY!  It would be completely AWESOME if the Bunny becomes the WAVE champion.  That would be a weird twist to this truly weird feud.  Isiah Cassidy screams like a little girl!  Jarrett and Lethal are a good old school heel tagteam, UNBELIEVABLY!  Cassidy is our sympathetic babyface!    Jarrett and Lethal are they new Hardliners.  Marq Quen is the most SPECTACULAR Robert Gibson ever!  Jarrett and Lethal do a very awkward finisher!  That was fine.  ATHENA! ATHENA! ATHENA!  Will she beat the shit out of someone?  One can only hope.  Hey!  It's Dani Mo! She's awesome.   HOLY SHIT!  ATHENA! ATHENA! ATHENA!  Athena is approaching a GUNTHER/IKEDA level of ass stomper.  ATHENA! ATHENA! ATHENA! So FUCKING AWESOME!  HIT HER! HIT AUBREY!  HIT EVERYBODY!  ATHENA! ATHENA!  ATHENA!  Athena as the ROH champion and the Bunny as the WAVE champion is a future I want for AEW.  Samoa Joe takes on Mr. Toni Storm!  At Final Battle!  Oh MAN!  Darby Allin versus Samoa Joe?  Jesus, that should be an assbeating.  QT Marshall is a HEAT MACHINE!  Orange Cassidy has taken the All-Atlantic Championship to a new, lunatic level.  QT is backbreaker CRAZY!  Ethan Page has a little subplot to the match, yelling at Matt Hardy!  I wish it was 1999 so Matt Hardy could physically have a great match with Ethan Page.  While we revel in picture in picture, the midcard and Dark Elevation all stars beat on Orange Cassidy, and Cassidy sells the back like a TOTAL champ.  Hey!  Brandon Cutler makes a cameo!  Kip Sabian and Penelope Ford show up and causes a nearfall on a Diamond Cutter!  Orange Punch to win!  THE HOUSE OF BLACK!  That was the greatest episode of Elevation EVER.  AEW RULES THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Darby, Athena, and Orange all had foregone conclusion matches that were fun to watch in different ways. Cole Karter has good smarmy heel charisma and Darby sold a ton for him, Athena got to do her new "unprofessional" gimmick on Rampage, and Orange vs QT made fun use of the lumberjack stipulation.

Juice vs Orange. OK. I kinda hope Juice sticks around so he can team with Orange and they "Arnie in the sky" it by calling them "Cassidy and Robinson." 

Shida gonna defend the WAVE title in AEW! Yeah! 

Uh. 

I guess I liked Satnam's suit. Heck of a job by his tailor.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Enjoyed the Darby and Athena matches, Nate Webb and Kevin Thorn were fun easter eggs, and they got me to bite on a QT nearfall. A worthwhile Rampage imo.

I'm much more excited about Joe vs. Darby than I am about Joe vs. Juice.

• Like 6

And Excalibur said Juice had officially signed with AEW. We also got Shane Taylor Promotions challenging Keith Lee & Swerve(???)to further that storyline. Really think FTR should win the titles so they go into Final Battle as the quadruple champions. 

Edited by wpdougie2180
  • Like 1