DVDVR Message Board

December 2022 Wrestling Discussion

I’d like to formally correct a joke I made during one of my 2012 NXT posts in the WWE Network thread.

I didn’t know that Tamina was still with the WWE, therefore, clearly she’s not going to be the Paige mystery partner.

Sofia Cortez/Ivelisse probably won’t be either.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I would love to know if WWEN has driven Peacock subs.

IIRC, it's the one major streaming service that is unequivocally tanking based on paid sub numbers. 

(Funny enough, it's the paid streaming service that I get the most use from by far, as an aside.)

• Like 2

KERSHAW, S.C. (WCIV) — WWE Wrestler "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan thanked the Kershaw County Sheriff's Department for finishing the job after he caught a home intruder last week, holding him at gunpoint until deputies arrived.

Duggan said a man climbed over his home's fence and ran through the yard to the front door, pounding on the glass doors.

The suspect reportedly opened the door and "fell" into the house, where he was met by Duggan with a gun.

While another resident called police, Duggan said he held the suspect at gunpoint until deputies arrived.

Everyone in the home was reported safe, Duggan said.

"We would like to thank the Kershaw County Sheriff's Department for their prompt and professional response last week," Duggan said on Twitter Saturday. "... Thanks to everyone for the concern and well wishes!"

As a WWE Legend and Hall of Famer, Duggan is best known for his American patriot character, which includes using a 2x4 piece of wood as a weapon, and the battle cry "Hooo!"

https://wpde.com/news/local/hacksaw-jim-duggan-holds-home-intruder-at-gunpoint-at-his-south-carolina-home-wciv-kershaw-county?fbclid=IwAR06JlHTK676SiJPZYQCfDTFYoU1JFv0TZfKj1IMqVs9st2pSGk77iZ2Sh8

I for one really hope he called him a "tough guy"

• Like 5

1 hour ago, zendragon said:

The only thing missing from that story would be if Duggan was wearing his gorilla suit from Mid-South.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

OK, 2003 NWA-TNA is the absolute drizzling shits. i've watched the first 2 months worth of TV, and i have to say that this is, no hyperbole, the worst weekly wrestling show of my lifetime. There's some great matches, but all of the angles and most of the promos are just complete dogshit. I had my share of issues with 2002 (see the year in review post i made a couple months ago), but with the introduction of Vince Russo, the show has just fallen off a cliff. I'm no Russo fan, but i don't think i'm a full Russo hater either. But i'm in the era of "Sports Entertainment Xtreme". Let me run down the S.E.X. roster (also keep in mind that the group has only formed in the last 8 weeks):

Vince Russo
Raven
B.G. James
Brian Lawler
Nikita Koloff
Mike Sanders “Director of Talent Acquisitions”
Glen Gilberti “Director of Talent Development”
Disgraceland
Sonny Siaki “the Ace in the Hole” (w/Desire)
David Flair
Erik Watts
Ron & Don Harris
Hot Shots (Cassidy Riley & Chase Stevens)
Triple-X (Christopher Daniels, Low-Ki, & Elix Skipper)
Rock ‘n’ Roll Express

they're also teasing that AJ Styles and/or Ron Killings may be part of the group. that's TWENTY people. and what a complete lack of talent. Jesus, i would take the nWo B-team over these ham n' eggers.

/rant

Edited by twiztor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Being in Nashville, they should have brought in George Gulas to manage Them. 

Daddy Said Sell: The Fall and 2nd Fall of George Gulas

But seriously, if George Gulas is kinda like the Mendoza line for 2nd and 3rd generation wrestlers, Brian Lawler for example at least carved out a solid niche as an underneath guy even with all his demons. 

• Like 2