DVDVR Message Board

December 2022 Wrestling Discussion

A report of the things I remember from a dream involving a fictional episode of Raw:

Macho Man was still alive and now accompanied to the ring by two black valets (with the snarky declaration of “Randy’s been to the strip club!”)

Kevin Owens fired a teammate who immediately kicked Owens in the groin, knocking him out of the ring in the process. That was either Sami or Shane McMahon which was a setup to have Sami Zayn feud with Shane McMahon

And that’s all I remember because I was awakened by an alarm.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxB said:

That thing about how WWE didn't see Sasha as someone who could still main event in five years (but does see Charlotte that way) is weird because Sasha Banks is still only 30 years old, and Charlotte is 36. So in five year's time...

It’s even odder when you consider that Charlotte has spent the better part of the last two years being a malcontent and making it clear she would be just as happy not wrestling. No way is she still in the ring full-time by 40.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EVA said:

It’s even odder when you consider that Charlotte has spent the better part of the last two years being a malcontent and making it clear she would be just as happy not wrestling. No way is she still in the ring full-time by 40.

How has she done this?

3 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

A report of the things I remember from a dream involving a fictional episode of Raw:

Macho Man was still alive and now accompanied to the ring by two black valets (with the snarky declaration of “Randy’s been to the strip club!”)

Kevin Owens fired a teammate who immediately kicked Owens in the groin, knocking him out of the ring in the process. That was either Sami or Shane McMahon which was a setup to have Sami Zayn feud with Shane McMahon

And that’s all I remember because I was awakened by an alarm.

I’ve told this on here before but my most memorable wrestling dream was about 10 years ago, me and Hogan were set to fight Road Warriors, I had to do the job but was scared to take the doomsday device which pissed Hawk off, Hawk and Animal then chased me down a never ending corridor!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Honeymoons don't last seven months.

Obviously, but again after that when she wrestles again is on WWE unless she suddenly told them fuck it and decided not to return which as far as we know isn't the case. Why you are claiming otherwise I'm not really sure. Claiming Charlotte is a malcontent who isn't happy when Sasha and Naomi literally walked out for these reasons is just fucking weird. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ace said:

Nyla even has an OnlyFans account. It's pictures of crowds at AEW shows.

Seeing as it's Nyla, I would totally expect it to be pictures of ceiling fans, window fans, table fans, etc.

• Like 3

My weirdest one was that I was playing centre court Wimbledon against Andy Roddick, and kept playing these lengthy rallies that the crowd kept booing and chanting boring.

then the Kid Rock music hit, and American Badass Undertaker turned up on his motorcycle, did Old School on me along the net. Posed for a bit and then drove off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Wasn't it consensus that Charlotte had gotten stale. Shouldn't it be a good thing she's had time to sit out and give people a break? Why is she getting dragged for what should be something people are okay with? 

This tired Horsewomen conversation needs some extra juice. I hope she's in season two of Andor. 

• Like 4

On 12/16/2022 at 9:01 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Nope, someone (not me, I'm not a writer) broke down segment by segment since Sasha returned in late 2019 and it showed how much better her segments were doing vs. Other talent. Pretty sure I posted it here before but I don't gather you would actually want to see facts.

I’m not sure being the least shitty thing on wwe tv during that period constitutes being a draw, but since I’d rather not hear more tired talking points from the Stan’s about “Ronda’s best match (completely subjective & debatable)” and her “star power (being one of two cast members not asked back to the Mandalorian, with the other being a white supremacist),” I’ll let it lie. It just makes me chuckle to read about how much certain folks overvalue a decent wrestler/shitty promo because she calls herself “the botch.” Wait, I meant “the boss.”

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Sasha appeared in a Star Wars TV series and WWE didn't promote it at all.  You had her literally fighting Boba Fett and doing wrestling moves on him, and WWE couldn't be bothered to promote it. Just goes to show the whole "grab the brass ring" thing is utter bullshit and the whole "we're Superstars and competing with Hollywood" is also bullshit.

This was briefly touched upon by someone else but Sasha notably made the deal with the Star Wars people without looping WWE in until it was basically a done deal. There is a chance the relative lack of promotion was due to some sour grapes over that (I wouldn't be shocked) but it could just as easily be due to no actual relationship between the Star Wars folks (i.e. Disney) and WWE management existing to set something like that up. WWE has deals set up with NBC/Universal and Fox, it is entirely possible that any promotions for things produced by a direct competitor need to be very carefully negotiated and in that case this was what they came up with or felt it wasn't worth pushing for more.

FWIW no shade at Sasha for getting herself that role, respect the hustle.

• Like 3