DVDVR Message Board

December 2022 Wrestling Discussion

8 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

So why did they just hire Valerie Loureda whose calling appears to be posting racy content?

As we'd all imagine, excitable men all over the internet are just dying to share their knowledge on the current subject. I have gleaned that Mandy was posting content "less Toni Storm, more Paige VanZant". I know you don't need an explanation. But I have no idea what kind of content Valerie Loureda is putting out there.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1

It’s funny because Lacey Evans has an OnlyFans account, but it’s under her husband’s name and he posts everything like it’s coming from him.

Its genius actually, until it’s not and she gets fired for it or something.

1 minute ago, Casey said:

It’s funny because Lacey Evans has an OnlyFans account, but it’s under her husband’s name and he posts everything like it’s coming from him.

Its genius actually, until it’s not and she gets fired for it or something.

She'd be great in AEW too.

• Like 4

This whole situation makes my brain hurt. What I don't get is WWE continuing to push Mandy Rose to the moon and like putting her over everyone through all of this.

Not only that, was Mandy Rose on like some terrible contract she badly wanted out of? Like you can do a FanTime thing anytime. Why burn a WWE bridge just to get some extra side money? Why not work out your contract, leave and then start your FanTime thing?

3 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

As we'd all imagine, excitable men all over the internet are just dying to share their knowledge on the current subject. I have gleaned that Mandy was posting content "less Toni Storm, more Paige VanZant". I know you don't need an explanation. But I have no idea what kind of content Valerie Loureda is putting out there.

Yeah, PVZ ain't messing around. My larger point is Valerie just started training to become a wrestler like three weeks ago and her notoriety comes strictly from posting racy content. It might not be full on PVZ where she's posting hardcore pictures with her husband, but at the same time, that probably should fall under the morality clause as well. Moreover, even if she decided to go into that lane, it's not like hiring a straight up adult film actor/entertainer. In order to find the content, you have to go behind a paywall. You would have to be actively searching for it.

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

This whole situation makes my brain hurt. What I don't get is WWE continuing to push Mandy Rose to the moon and like putting her over everyone through all of this.

Not only that, was Mandy Rose on like some terrible contract she badly wanted out of? Like you can do a FanTime thing anytime. Why burn a WWE bridge just to get some extra side money? Why not work out your contract, leave and then start your FanTime thing?

I would guess that in this case, the WWE contract ended up being the extra side money.

Good for this person. She can make bank without scrambling her brains taking bumps.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

I would guess that in this case, the WWE contract ended up being the extra side money.

Good for this person. She can make bank without scrambling her brains taking bumps.

That's what Toni Storm said.

1 minute ago, DEAN said:

That's what Toni Storm said.

Yes but Toni Storm waited until she left WWE to start an OnlyFans, and she still signed with AEW. And they don't have a hard policy about things like that so it's no big deal.

I guess this whole thing has taken me by surprise because I had no indication that Mandy Rose was unhappy and was dissatisfied with her pay. Seemed like she was finally on her way to becoming a top star.

I said it in the WWE TV thread, but it applies here too now especially: for one post, it was a $165 PPV message. If only like, 500 people bought that… that’s almost triple what I make in a year. And that’s for one picture/video. There are tons more for varying prices.

Yeah, I’d burn that fuckin’ bridge too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

Yes but Toni Storm waited until she left WWE to start an OnlyFans, and she still signed with AEW. And they don't have a hard policy about things like that so it's no big deal.

I guess this whole thing has taken me by surprise because I had no indication that Mandy Rose was unhappy and was dissatisfied with her pay. Seemed like she was finally on her way to becoming a top star.

Oh I just want to see her in AEW.  That will be awesome.  I also dig that she takes ownership of her body like Toni Storm did.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

I said it in the WWE TV thread, but it applies here too now especially: for one post, it was a $165 PPV message. If only like, 500 people bought that… that’s almost triple what I make in a year. And that’s for one picture/video. There are tons more for varying prices.

Yeah, I’d burn that fuckin’ bridge too.

I just can't imagine paying for such a thing, especially on the internet.

Also, what do you do when like subs or things like that dry up? Just seems like it's a short-term quick fix.

Edited by TheVileOne

7 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I just can't imagine paying for such a thing, especially on the internet.

Also, what do you do when like subs or things like that dry up? Just seems like it's a short-term quick fix.

A job where you work all year, are underpaid compared to other athletes, and are probably constantly injured or hurt in some way

vs

let me take this 30 second video where I show a little nipple, and charge over $100. Then I’m gonna go hang out in my hot tub in a live stream later where I’ll get something like $700 in tips.

Might be short term, but it’s a very lucrative short term. A lot more than pro wrestling.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Casey said:

A job where you work all year, are underpaid compared to other athletes, and are probably constantly injured or hurt in some way

vs

let me take this 30 second video where I show a little nipple, and charge over $100. Then I’m gonna go hang out in my hot tub in a live stream later where I’ll get something like $700 in tips.

Might be short term, but it’s a very lucrative short term. A lot more than pro wrestling.

Yeah but the reason Mandy Rose is able to do that is because she's an established WWE talent over the last several years. Like I think it's great she can finally cash in on all that, but it also seems like bad business and diplomatic relations.

22 minutes ago, Casey said:

Lol, I did the math wrong in my head and was briefly impressed you were making $270,000 a year.  In case anyone is wondering, I graduated from business school.  Twice.  Maybe when I get my doctorate, I’ll be able to carry the ten.

Once this story makes the rounds, I feel like she’s still going to need to tone it down before AEW will sign her.  I’m also wondering why she’s using a little-known Onlyfans knockoff site.  I assume Onlyfans.com would get more clicks?  My first two thoughts are that you’re doing something that might violate onlyfans’ terms of service or you’re thinking onlyfans.com will be noticed by your employer whereas ownliefans or lonelyfams.com might not be.

Probably the prude in me talking, but I definitely don’t think hustling lonely guys on an obscure corner of the internet by showing some nipple or dry humping your bed is a step up from pro wrestling.  I don’t even have that high an opinion of pro wrestling….

Edited by Confused Villanova Grad
  • Like 1

I’m pretty sure Onlyfans is explicitly banned by WWE, and BrandArmy doesn’t allow nudity (but is still lucrative in its own right - just ask the IIconics). Fantime was the next best option (Nikita Lyons has one too, FWIW).

Also yeah your prudish tendencies are definitely showing. Who cares if it’s a step up or down. If she’s happy, and making heaps of money, good for her.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Yeah but the reason Mandy Rose is able to do that is because she's an established WWE talent over the last several years. Like I think it's great she can finally cash in on all that, but it also seems like bad business and diplomatic relations.

There is a give and take to that. They're not publicizing that content that she is posting. Moreover, there are plenty of women who went from video vixens and fitness models with zero cache to having a bunch of subs on OF. It's not like you have to get verified as celeb and then start an account. It certainly helps she is with WWE, but it's not the end all, be all. Being fairly attractive and having a great body makes up for that lack of Q rating. If Paige VanZant never fought for UFC, her subscriber count would still be fairly high. Now it helps that plenty of MMA websites are content mills, but she isn't getting all that focus based on being a former UFC fighter. Hell, Pearl Gonzalez ain't fought in the UFC in over 5 years. She is more famous now than when she fought in the UFC cause she's a smokeshow. Hell, Bec Rawlings basically survived off OnlyFans IIRC right after she got released from UFC and I think right before she went to do the Bareknuckle boxing stuff. These ain't exactly people who were made into stars and were able to profit off of being in a major combat sports organization. 

• Like 2