DVDVR Message Board

December 2022 Wrestling Pics and GIFs

4 hours ago, Happ Hazzard said:

This match was legit one of my favorite discoveries of my "pandemic-induced" wrestling viewing. Match structure is super-minimalist as fuck, simply two strongmen trading strikes and 70s strongman holds like the full-nelson with each other to see which dude is stronger until it finally builds to the big Polish Hammer and the roof explodes off the place.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

This match was legit one of my favorite discoveries of my "pandemic-induced" wrestling viewing. Match structure is super-minimalist as fuck, simply two strongmen trading strikes and 70s strongman holds like the full-nelson with each other to see which dude is stronger until it finally builds to the big Polish Hammer and the roof explodes off the place.

We’re in the midst of a big 70s Graham revival. He’s pretty tremendous. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

We’re in the midst of a big 70s Graham revival. He’s pretty tremendous. 

I havent seen much of his Japan work from that era but I did a 70s WWWF watch a while back and literally every one of his MSG matches before, during, and after his title reign during that first New York stint is damn fun to watch and everything just feels "big time". 

5 hours ago, KinchStalker said:

Edit: board just isn't working with me here, sorry.

Chon Kyu-deok, one of the two men who started South Korean wrestling.

https://i.imgur.com/Eaagn0Q_d.webp

I wrote a thread about him here: https://twitter.com/KinchStalker/status/1602060079335079936?t=Bm0FgZoxYcgp68n-3XaD7Q&s=19

Thank you for this! When I lived in Seoul I was dying to get into the Indy scene and history of wrestling in Korea. I was able to go to a couple of small shows in Incheon, but found it so hard to find much on the history so this is greatly appreciated. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Horangi said:

Thank you for this! When I lived in Seoul I was dying to get into the Indy scene and history of wrestling in Korea. I was able to go to a couple of small shows in Incheon, but found it so hard to find much on the history so this is greatly appreciated. 

At some point in the future, I will be sharing more of what I know about this. In case you don't know, I have a thread on PWO that drives deep into the early years of NJPW. Once my laptop is fixed, I will be able to resume research and writing for the next post, which will cover Inoki's 1974 match against Kintaro Oki but will start with a bio of him. It will include the story of how he came into the territory with JWA backing in 1965 and how Jang Yeong-chol killed his career by exposing the business.

• Like 2