DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DECEMBER 2022

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Dewar said:

What took Jericho so long to get a show booked here? 

This must have been one of his demands when he took over more roles post-Brawl Out.

I'm honestly not surprised we got one of the early Canadian Dynamites, but I was thinking maybe late 23-early 24.

• Like 3

On 12/7/2022 at 10:56 PM, TheVileOne said:

According to Fightful, AEW creative has nothing for Miro.

Meltzer is now disputing this, saying they had an idea for him and he shot it down so they moved on with their plans and are currently coming up with new stuff for Miro.

If I’m reading it right, Miro was going to be in Ethan Page’s position as the guy who wins and talks a lot, but is ultimately the guy that hears up the next title challenger (Starks). Could be wrong on it tho, since, y’know, it’s Meltzer typing on his message board so…

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JLowe said:

The Austin AEW Jesus is actually on the private FB wrestling fan group I'm on and is a pretty chill guy.

Jesus is a chill guy, it's his followers who cause all the trouble.

That pic reminds me of John Prine's "Jesus the Missing Years":

On his thirteenth birthday he saw "Rebel without a Cause"
He went straight on home and invented Santa Claus

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

In the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com noted that Jon Moxley and Renee Paquette were “really sick” prior to the December 7th 2022 (Moxley’s birthday) edition of AEW Dynamite. Meltzer wrote the following…

“She missed TV [Tony Schiavone did all of the interview segments] and he was feeling really bad the day before, but went to TV because he knew he was supposed to be there for the [William] Regal stuff and the story of them keeping the BCC [Blackpool Combat Club] together as a group.”

According to Meltzer, Moxley was asked on Wednesday to wrestle Konosuke Takeshita for Rampage as AEW President Tony Khan is trying to strengthen the show. Moxley agreed and people were said to been “thrilled” with how the match turned out.

Exposing the locker room and fans to (insert virus here) - wow, what heroes

22 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Yeah, I'm of two minds about this one. I certainly agree with you in principle, but on the other hand, it's not like it's COVID. Regular shit is just going around again like it used to. I could be way off, but this seems no different to me than working in an office where someone has a cold (or worse, being trapped in a classroom with 30 sick kids). Again, I agree that no one, in any business, should feel pressured to work if they aren't doing well - but for me, something about this seems a little sensationalized

Edit: Maybe it's just a shift in public consciousness since COVID. I may be guilty of still living in the Jordan 'flu game' world

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

source needed

Fair point -  I just would have assumed that would be noted in your attachment were it the case. If so, I'll happily retract my previous post, I just (maybe wrongly, maybe rightly) figured we were talking about a standard cold here (also no fun, but not a show-stopper).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Nothing more relatable to the working stiff than being asked to work when you're sick because the boss needs a big favor.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Infinit said:

AEW on TBS had almost 4x more viewers than the NHL on TNT last night. How much did TNT pay for the NHL contract?

Apparently one of the markets that got hit really bad by the Spectrum Cable outage was Buffalo, during a Sabres game where their young breakout star put up four goals in the first period. So yeah those numbers are just weird weird and aren't the best to go on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Nothing more relatable to the working stiff than being asked to work when you're sick because the boss needs a big favor.

Midwest Olive Garden Manager Fired After Intense Crackdown on Call-Offs

A manager at an Olive Garden in Kansas has been fired after allegedly sending out a letter to employees detailing an aggressive new sick-leave policy.

The strongly-worded message sent to the employees at the Overland Park Olive Garden appeared to show sweeping changes to the restaurant's sick leave policy.

Part of the letter obtained by a local station reads:

"We are no longer tolerating ANY excuse for calling off. If you’re sick, you need to come prove it to us. If your dog died, you need to bring him in and prove it to us. If it's a 'family emergency' and you can’t say, too bad. Go work somewhere else."

The letter goes on to say that any employee that calls in sick more than once within the next 30 days will be terminated.

At the end of the letter, the manager said that they hoped all employees would continue to work there while thanking the employees who come in on time, saying, "I wish there were more like you."

In a statement to NBC 5, Darden Restaurants, the parent company of Olive Garden, confirmed the chain parted ways with the manager

Edited by Dolphman 3000

3 hours ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

The flu. The flu is the straw you're grasping for. You certainly aren't going to turn anyone on to your weird hate boner cult by acting like Mox is a prick for being to asked to work through the flu when we all have to do that. Your gimmick is wearing thin on me.

• Like 1