DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DECEMBER 2022

Dolfan in NYC

Clearly WWE is now trying to at least be wary of what they said on TV in regards to Regal as on onscreen character, last night Booker in discusiing Dempsey said "He's a throwback, like Fit Finlay or Dave Taylor" which is really funny.

• Like 3

Not sure what it is about Tony Khan. He got his company through a debilitating pandemic relatively incident free and AEW going head to head against NXT on Wednesday nights. Just seems over the course of the last year, he's been letting the pressure get to him, when times are less uncertain. 

Maybe there were benefits to having Cody as the spokesperson and face of the company. He was taking a lot of that heat off of Tony Khan. Ever since Khan opened his mouth about Big Swole he's continued to make himself look bad. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

You can't be The Family Company Man who did the right thing in letting Regal go work with his son while also being mad about 3-year old footage you don't own being used on Twitter

Pick a lane, Tony

FFS find a better hobby

• Like 6
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, elizium said:

I love that Winnipeg is getting Dynamite before most of the States has. Haha, kick rocks America

Laredo, Texas is an interesting one, but that or McAllen/Harlingen are about the closest cities to Monterrey that they could run.

Edited by JLowe

3 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Not sure what it is about Tony Khan. He got his company through a debilitating pandemic relatively incident free and AEW going head to head against NXT on Wednesday nights. Just seems over the course of the last year, he's been letting the pressure get to him, when times are less uncertain.

Did you read the article I posted? His mother's been very ill. Not that that's an excuse, but you can imagine someone like Tony taking that very hard.

44 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

According to Fightful, AEW creative has nothing for Miro.

and with the way AEW is set up, this basically means Miro has no ideas for himself besides “put me on TV”.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JLowe said:

Laredo, Texas is an interesting one, but that or McAllen/Harlingen are about the closest cities to Monterrey that they could run.

There's no word for the amount of rage I'm feeling. First El Paso, and now Laredo?! But still no Houston?! This is truly, truly insulting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phantom Lord said:

I can't believe they have nothing for Miro. How hard is it to have him just go out and beat people up? It doesn't have to be complex.

Going strictly off his social media (I know), he seems to have been doing some non-wrestling things. Wasn't he acting in something?

• Like 1

Just now, Log said:

Going strictly off his social media (I know), he seems to have been doing some non-wrestling things. Wasn't he acting in something?

He played the main bad guy in the pilot episode of East New York on CBS a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

I told you guys this already, but Miro is actively acting and auditioning. My friend works out at the same Golds Gym in the valley that he works out at. My friend said, hey man, I love your work, but when are you going to be on TV again and Miro said basically that wrestling was on hold while he was auditioning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

I told you guys this already, but Miro is actively acting and auditioning. My friend works out at the same Golds Gym in the valley that he works out at. My friend said, hey man, I love your work, but when are you going to be on TV again and Miro said basically that wrestling was on hold while he was auditioning.

Could you please rephrase that in a way that makes Tony Khan look incompetent? That's kind of how we do things around here now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

The other thing to Miro and CJ and their acting careers is that they either now have a second home in LA or they just have their home in LA.

It's entirely plausible that TK told Miro that Black was hurt and to just pursue whatever he wanted, take some time off, heal up, and he'll bring him back in when his schedule is free and when some of these other storyline have run their course. It's too simple to just say creative has nothing for him. That connotation means something way different in AEW than it does in WWE during Vince's time there. 

The alternative is just have Miro on TV doing random matches and not really fitting in anywhere because TV is already full with main angles. Random matches is what Dark is for. I'd rather he do acting and Twitch streams until some of these other storylines clear out to make room for him, Cole, and a whole bunch of others who are currently on the shelf. 

I can even see a scenario where after Revolution we get a big turnover and a lot of current guys get a break and a lot of people on the shelf start being on TV regularly.

• Like 2