DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 13

Dolfan in NYC

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Everyone is going to completely forget about the taunting penalty

Meanwhile I will silently rage about it for the next two weeks

Same dude, same. That game was pretty close to over if that penalty doesn't happen. 2-3 more minutes come off the clock. They get 3 more points. It's sealed up. But a center just had to run up the field 10 yards to flex in a defender's face for some reason.

This was the most frustrating game to watch I can remember. Immediately start off down 10. Start to fire back and take the lead and look good. Then about 12 straight 3 & outs. Even wen Washington was down, I knew they were going to comeback. The second half time of possession was like 26 to 4. That defense was tired as shit.

And when are we going to abolish ties? Fans don't like them. Players don't like them. Coaches don't like them. Why are they a thing? "Player safety" my ass. You'll let a team play on a Thursday after a Sunday, but you're worried about playing an extra 20 minutes after the initial hour of playtime? Frustrating.

This team needs Beckham so bad. But I just know he's gonna go to The Cowboys.

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips

11 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

And when are we going to abolish ties? Fans don't like them. Players don't like them. Coaches don't like them. Why are they a thing? "Player safety" my ass. You'll let a team play on a Thursday after a Sunday, but you're worried about playing an extra 20 minutes after the initial hour of playtime? Frustrating.

I think, as usual, a lot of it comes down to TV contracts/money. They can't cut away from a live game that is close if it was a region's selected televised game, and if a 1 PM game does to Triple OT, viewers will miss part of the next game. Course, that isn't always applicable, but they can't have different rules based on when a game happens, so they went the easy way out. I'm in favor of them having a more... interesting OT setup like college has now but way too many people are against that.

I’m going to weigh in on this from both ends. The Cowboys won this game like they won the Lions game. They won it by alot of points but the truth is they were less than 5 YDs from losing it at clutch time. Had the Colts got that 2 point conversion it would have been alot different.

On the other hand the Cowboys hadn’t cut lose like that in years. They deserve it. I went from thinking that that opening shot on Jerry Jones and that woman behind him was planned so that it could be photoshopped and made into meme to go viral to forgetting about it. And so has everybody else after that game. 

7 hours ago, DEAN said:

OH NO!  Moe Allie-Cox, NOOOO!  He went to VCU with my daughter.

Is this the new metric I am going to have to start using?

”Guys in the NFL who went to college with one of Dean’s kids”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't want to overreact, but I'm beginning to suspect that the Dallas Cowboys might be a better football team than the Indianapolis Colts.

You'd think the Colts' head coach had never coached a professional game before.  😕 

• Haha 3

I am sure it will come out quickly but the pick Carolina was sending to Cleveland (a 4th or a 5th) was tied to Baker's playing time (70% of the snaps) so that might be part of the reasoning

I really thought after the 2020 season that Mayfield was on the way up. Then last year, ok maybe it was his shoulder issues and bad coaching. But he just looked lost this year, really bad with no good excuses. I don't think he is terrible but I am starting to think he needs the prefect system for his skillset to succeed (coaching, line, weapons) which applies to every NFL QB hopeful. If he is willing to be a backup he may latch on somewhere but if he is 'starter or bust' he may shimmy off into the land of Manziel. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I hereby request we go the NHL route and do 7-on-7 followed by a field goal kicking contest. 

Edited by Tabe
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The NYG/Washington rematch in Week 15 has been flexed to Sunday Night

And since there are Saturday games that week too...   Miami @ Buffalo has been flexed to Saturday night. 

7 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And since there are Saturday games that week too...   Miami @ Buffalo has been flexed to Saturday night. 

Good to know you do it to Gonzo too... 😘