DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 11/28 - 12/4/2022

The Natural

It's interesting that everyone who says WWE's stories are so much better now (rightfully) cite the Bloodline, but are completely silent on the unpolished turd that is Miz vs. Lumis, featuring Gargano. 

Just now, For Great Justice said:

I get votes for Roman, Sheamus, Sami or KO but if you called Jey Uso the WWE WOTY for 2022 I wouldn’t hate it. He’s been the connective tissue of their biggest storyline and delivers in ring every singe time. Fantastic main event.

I think he’s my number one and man this is a LIST.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, For Great Justice said:

I get votes for Roman, Sheamus, Sami or KO but if you called Jey Uso the WWE WOTY for 2022 I wouldn’t hate it. He’s been the connective tissue of their biggest storyline and delivers in ring every singe time. Fantastic main event.

No GUNTHER? Agree with the other names.

• Like 1

Becky versus DMG CNTRL is starting off fun!  Mia Yim and the Woman Called VADER have a match!  Mia Yim looked great in IMPACT!  One can hope she can carry it over against Rhea Ripley.  Yim with the Tarantula!  Dominick is a HEAT MACHINE!  Ripley starts off slow but then brings the Hoss ASSBEAT.  Nice Lateral Suplex by Ripley.  Yim is neato on her comeback, laying it in.  Ripley takes the DDT like RVD.  AJ Styles charges the ring to beat on Dominick and then everybody charges the ring.  So that was more of an angle than a match.  ACTUALLY, it morphs ECW-style into an eight-man match.  AJ Styles is top five in the world.  Damien Priest and Luke Gallows are good in the ring together.  Dominick is SO OVER.  Great Spinebuster by Karl Anderson.  THEN he becomes out face in peril!  Dominick doing Eddie Guerrero spots is so CHOICE.  Dominick is Los Gringos Locos EVIL.  Gallows POUNCES at the designated Pouncing Area!  The match comes FULL CIRCLE with Yim versus Ripley!  Yim is beating on Ripley like STING versus VADER!  A lot of STUFF happens to set up Ripley hitting the Rip Tide to win!  Ripley saving Dominick from Yim is fun storytelling.  The Street Profits are back!  Alpha Academy are their opponents!  Chad Gable is the new Dean Malenko!  Otis goes total Steiner with the crossfaces.  Angelo Dawkins and Chad Gable are SOLID GOLD in the ring together.  Montez Ford hits a BEAUTIFUL Lariat on Gable.  Montez Ford hits the Blitzkrieg level Tope Con Hilo while Dawkins hits the Super Dragon level Tope Con Hilo.  Ford is so spectacular.  Otis totally CRUSHES Montez Ford with a Spinning Backfist during picture in picture.  Gable with a counter into a Northern Lights Suplex was SWANK.  This is GREAT.  Dawkins is a joy as a house a-fire!  EVEREST GERMAN SUPLEX by Gable for TWO!  Ford Bodyslams Otis!  Montez Ford goes about 90 feet in the air on his Love Machine Splash.  That was great.  The MIZ and Dexter Lumis are WRESTLING!  A vice is involved!  Cool table spot.  That was good.  Lumis signs a contract!  The MIZ is awesome postmatch taking money back from children.  Dakota Kai and Candice LeRae starts in picture in picture, as LeRae is really busting up Kai.  This is good.  LeRae will lay it in.  Cool Suplex by LeRae- a kind of double Pumphandle German Suplex Thingy.  Fun nearfall after Kai hits her SCORPION KICK!  LeRae hits Toprope Neckbreaker and she WINS!  That was good for a match that came in cold but I didn't ever know who was winning that, which is fun.  Kevin Owens and Jey Uso is our main event!  Kevin Owens is fucking awesome.  Owens Swantons onto Jey's knees!  Jey works on the back.  Owens PUNCHES to TRANSITION to offense!  Like in Memphis!  Jey Uso WRECKS EM!  Jey goes back to beating on Owens' back.  Owens counters a thing with a Toprope Inverted Fisherman's Buster Suplex!  GREAT Jumping Superkick by Jey.  It's a Superkick PARTY!  Deulling Superkicks!  Jey with another Superkick!  Jey Uso IS Nick Jackson.  Kevin Owens hits a Stunner and wins!  That was great.  

• Like 3

Mia/Rhea was solid before it became a brawl that became an 8-person tag that was pretty damn good. Anderson was good as the FIP, and I loved how it all came back down to Mia/Rhea by the end.

Alpha Academy vs. Street Profits was another fine match, maybe the best between these teams yet. loved the Dawkins/Gable section ealy on. Ford was great as FIP and during his fired up comebacks. Dawkins was great for the hot tag. Glad to see the Profits back.

Miz/Lumis was a fun brawl with nice spot or two. Loved the post match with Lumis handing money to kids only for Miz to attack and steal the last $100 from a kid. Johnny comign in for the save and to return the money was nice as well.

Candice/Dakota was Candice's best match since her return so far. Candice fired up and attacking Dakota before the match even began was great. Loved how said fire never died down with Candice just all over Dakota throughout the match. Candice busting the ballsplex was a neat surprise as well. Don't think she has done that in WWE before.

Jey/KO was great. Not sure about KO constantly surviving the superkick, but I loved the reactions to it be it from the crowd, Jimmy, or Sami.

Great Raw all around. Looking forward to Becky vs. Damage Control and Usos vs. Elias/Riddle in the coming weeks.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

You know, you can't use an idiom if you translate it to another language.  

That said, lol

You can, if you find the suitable dynamic equivalence, but from Finnish to English or vice versa, for example, it's a damn nightmare. Jokes and wordplay aren't a picnic, either. This would be one of he lesser reasons I'm doing factory work now, instead of translating texts. There are several, more valid reasons for that, too.

Edited by Shartnado
Not my day job...
  • Like 1

I actually think Kevin Patrick might be their best PBP guy since Tom Phillips. Somehow he calls everything all night long absolutely breathlessly. First match of the night and he is gasping and shouting and super into absolutely everything. But it doesn't feel forced at all, rather he just sounds like he is super into it. He might not know the names of all the moves (He might, as well, I haven't listened to him a lot, granted) but for WWE style is basically perfect.

I'm LATE!  I had to be a MAN and fix a few things around the house.  LIKE A MAN!  PLUNGING THE BATHTUB!  LIKE A MAN!  Roxanne Perez!  Indi Hartwell!  Perez is all flashy!  Indi with the AIRPLANE SPIN!  Roxanne bumps big to the floor where Roxanne brings the Sympathetic Babyface AURA!  Roxanne IS Ricky Steamboat!  Roxanne makes a fiery comeback!  Indi cuts her off will a Vertical Suplay!  Perez makes with a TOPE!  Perez hits the POP ROKZ! for the WIN!  That was great.  The best I've seen Hartwell look.  It's T-BAR!  I mean it's DIJAK!  It's DANTE CHIN!  Chin gets in a couple things.  Dijak beats the crud out of Chin.  Chin makes a COMEBACK!  Dijak finishes beating the crud out of Chin.  Awesome!  It's Duke Hudson versus Grayson Waller!  These two should be wrestling in New Japan or maybe NOAH.  This is like the old UWFi vs New Japan feud when the UWFi guys wouldn't come into the ring to double team during tag matches so the New Japan guys would take advantage of the PURITY of the UWFi dudes.  Waller takes advantage and wins!  It's Fallon Henley!  She's accompanied by the dude's that stole JD Drake's signature move!  Kiana James!  Henley beats on James while we enjoy picture in picture.  THEN James beats on Henley and makes her become our face in peril.  Kiana James looks good in this. She's laying it in. She's a good old school heel.  She should wrestle Roxanne Perez,  Henley makes a Perez-like fiery comeback!  James cuts her off with BRIEFCASE! and gets the win.  That was good.  Zoey Stark attacks Nikkita Lyons pre-match and now the match against Toxic Attraction is all fucked up!  Axiom!  Against That Guy who I always fast forward through!  Javier Bernal, let me see what you got.  Axiom is awesome mangling the finger joints of Bernal.  Bernal hits a very nice Powerbomb counter to Axiom's TRIANGLE CHOKE!  Bernal looks pretty good for a first-year guy.  Axiom CRUSHES him with a BRUCE LEE KICK TO THE FACE!  That was awesome.  Axiom rules.  PRETTY DEADLY!  Elton is wearing the most hilarious shirt in the history of wrestling.  Awesome!  JD McDonagh!  Against Julius Creed!  McDonagh is awesome.  He's awesome on the mat.  GREAT Headlock segment.  McDonagh bumps all over the ring to make Creed look like a million bucks.  Creed bumps big to the floor!  McDonagh beats on Creed while we revel in picture in picture.  McDonagh is way too polished to be in NXT. McDonagh is crushing the ribs of Creed!  Creed STARTS going all Steiner.  Fun Stalling Suplex by Creed.  Creed goes COMPLETELY STEINER with two crazy Overhead Belly To Belly Suplexes.  Creed leans into a kick in the face from McDonagh off the apron.  BEAUTIFUL ASAI MOONSAULT by McDonagh!  McDonagh takes a fucking LUNATIC bump to the floor.  The finish is BULLSHIT!  Bullshit, I say!  Ivy Nile looks very unsevere with her hair down.  Malik Blade takes on Von Wagner.  Blade seems focused.  Wagner hits a Death Valley Driver to de-focus him.  Toxic Attraction!  Nikitta Lyons!  Katana Chance! Kayden Carter!  Lyons has DDPed her knee.  Chance is so spunky!  Carter is also spunky!  Gigi and Jacy are coated in EVIL!  Kayden is our Ricky Morton!  Mandy Rose is our Dennis Condrey!  Gigi Dolan is our Stan Lane!  Katana assumes the role of Ricky Morton!  Lyons makes a save and Jacy kicks her in the leg!  Jacy Jane has great punches.  Nikitta Lyons is AWESOME as our Robert Gibson.  THEN her knee gives out!  Gigi Dolan pins Lyons!  That was fun.  That was a good little episode of NXT.  The finish of the JD McDonagh match was BULLSHIT!  BULLSHIT I SAY!

• Like 1

Roxanne/Indi was shockingly good with Indi giving her best performance yet in NXT. She busted out some different things from her norm, was pretty solid when in control, and bumped well for Roxanne when necessary.

Dijak/Chen was a decent enough squash

Waller/Duke was solid while it lasted. 

Fallon/James was decent.

Big Body Javi's segment with Mackenzie was another fun one. Glad to see it all lead to Axiom match finally. The match itself was good stuff with Javi giving his best showing so far.

JD/Julius was pretty good. Can't blame DEAN for calling bullshti on the finish though I think it worked considering the Indus Sher feud. Speaking of, Sanga taking that chairshot and just looking so pissed was great.. Hopefully Creed and JD go at it again with a more definitive and clean ending because they had so much damn chemistry together.

Wagner/Malik was short but nice while it lasted with Malik showing some fire and really taking it to Wagner for most of the encounter.

KC2/Lyons vs. Toxic Attraction was good. Dug Zoey messing the earlier attempt at this match up and screwing up Nikkita's leg. Set up Lyons's leg injury and how it held her back int he main well. Carter and Chance just keep getting better as team with them eating offense well and making nice comebacks throughout. This also felt like the best TA have looked as team with a particular nice triple team sot I loved in the middle. I only wish Dolin and Jayne would drop their double finisher for something they can hit well 90% time well instead.

The HOF Iron Survivor panels were ok. They worked well enough as setups for the match with the participants chosen. Feels weird Tiffany Stratton wasn't discussed for the women.

13 hours ago, DEAN said:

Axiom!  Against That Guy who I always fast forward through!  Javier Bernal, let me see what you got. 

His interview segments with Mackenzie have been surprisingly fun with him clearly naming potential opponents he knew he would never actually face until Axion surprised him with his return. The first time he named Axiom he even gave Bret's El Dandy comment.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

JD/Julius was pretty good. Can't blame DEAN for calling bullshti on the finish though I think it worked considering the Indus Sher feud.

I was making a dopey point that this was fine because- before HHH- this finish would happen 2 to 4 times a show

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Goitre said:

I love how Eivion's post reads like a translation of DEAN's

I don't know. I think I'm overly simple, and my grammar sucks way more. i have to edit and fix it at least 2-3 times whenever I look it over the next day.