DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2023 OFF SEASON

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Reed announced today that Bethune-Cookman's trustees have rejected Reed's contract and he will not be coaching them after all.  

Reed ripped the school publicly (and profanely) for allegedly not cleaning his office. He also said they didn't want him because he "speak(s) the truth". 

Wonder if the school decided he was going to be an expensive headache and cut bait. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EVA said:

Pete Golding and Bill O’Brien are both officially gone from Alabama. I’m now two good hires away from being able to post the Vince McMahon Laser Eyes meme.

Saban oughta look further west in the SEC and snap up the dynamic duo of Bobby Petrino and DJ Durkin.  If there was ever a pair of former head coaches who could use that Saban rehab clinic magic, it's them.  Heck, why not grab Steve Addazio while you're at at.  He's got head coaching experience, and A&M's OL play was something to behold last year under his leadership.

Miami has fired OC Josh Gattis, because scoring an average of 9 fucking points in their final 5 games is probably not good for your chances of sticking around. 

Marcus Arroyo and James Coley appear to be top targets for the Canes. 

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Miami has fired OC Josh Gattis, because scoring an average of 9 fucking points in their final 5 games is probably not good for your chances of sticking around. 

This warms my heart a little. He was awful at Michigan and then threw bombs on his way out of town. 

On 1/30/2023 at 3:16 PM, EVA said:

Message board rumors are now admissible as evidence. What could go wrong!

Michigan is cheating...a lot.  I mean, they are unrepentant sociopathic cheaters.  They even offered me money.  Jim Harbaugh ate 3 hamburgers at a diner and didn't pay for them.  It was all a ruse to steal more players from Ohio, because Michigan doesn't produce any of their own players.  Cheating I tell you. 

• Like 1

Per ESPN - early release talks have fallen through and Texas and Oklahoma will not be able to join the SEC early

Barring a last minute (unexpected change) - the two schools will have to wait to join until 2025

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35581970/ou-texas-join-sec-25-exit-talks-stall-sources-say

• Haha 2

The ND football subreddit is absolutely hilarious with the amount of people that think this it’s bad for ND. Rees it’s the most milquetoast oc ever. This is good for ND. Not so much for Alabama.

Oh, just for pure hilarity to show how fucking dumb at least ND football subreddit is, they were hoping Charlie Weis' son would get hired because all anyone there knows is anyone that's been associated with the school in some sort of way before.

I’m still not thrilled about Tommy Rees, but I’m trying to take a more balanced perspective. Like, I imagine it’s really hard to have a dynamic offense when you have zero playmakers at WR, average-at-best QB talent, a couple decent RBs, and one NFL tight end to work with every year. I don’t know what else you even CAN do with that roster besides what ND has done the past several years.

On 2/7/2023 at 2:17 PM, RIPPA said:

Lance Guidry is jumping from Tulane to Miami to be DC

Because of this, Charlie Strong is leaving Miami after not getting the DC gig

On 2/3/2023 at 10:30 AM, RIPPA said:

Per ESPN - early release talks have fallen through and Texas and Oklahoma will not be able to join the SEC early

Barring a last minute (unexpected change) - the two schools will have to wait to join until 2025

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35581970/ou-texas-join-sec-25-exit-talks-stall-sources-say

Not so fast my friend

I have no idea what changed, but Texas and Oklahoma have been granted the early release to join the SEC in 2024.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Not so fast my friend

I have no idea what changed, but Texas and Oklahoma have been granted the early release to join the SEC in 2024.

Thamel had no idea what he was talking about and was used as an info dump from one of the parties for leverage. I honestly thought it would be this season, always knew it wouldn't go until 2025 just because of the TV deals.