DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2023 OFF SEASON

RIPPA

25 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Five-star Detroit QB Dante Moore has flipped from Oregon to UCLA, Chip's first five star since arriving in Los Angeles.

Moore said to ESPN that the biggest reason he flipped is Kenny Dillingham leaving Oregon for Arizona State

Moore indicated the biggest factor in his flip from Oregon was former Oregon offensive coordinator Kenny Dillingham taking the head-coaching job at Arizona State. He said that he'd built a relationship with Dillingham that dated back at least three years. He said that he's happy for Dillingham -- "I'm proud of him, no hate at all" -- and appreciated everything that Oregon's staff did during his recruitment.

He also claimed that Bo Nix decided to stay had nothing to do with it (I'm sure...)

• Haha 1

It's been a strange chain of events with Moore. He looked like a lock for Notre Dame until CJ Carr committed (Lloyd Carr's grandson going to ND is not something I'm prepared to discuss yet) and then he flipped to Oregon because of Dillingham, who had been recruiting him hard for FSU, going there. Then he accepted a visit to UCLA after Dillingham left, and committed the day after Bo Nix announced he was coming back.

Michigan third string QB Alan Bowman making the smart choice; put his name in the transfer portal, but is staying with Michigan through the end of the season in case they have the kind of emergency that requires a third string QB/not giving up his chance to grab a national title ring if things go well.

You may recall he transferred in from Texas Tech after the 2020 season, but he's still looking for a fit where he can get playing time.

J.T. Daniels has landed at Rice. It's a big downward trajectory from USC and Georgia to West Virginia to Rice, but the Owls are bringing back nearly their entire offense, and a veteran plug n play starter might be enough to get them to the 8+ win level. Though they also start AAC play next year.

Wish I had clicked on this last night so I could've laughed at the Arch rumors.

Texas got all 21 off their verbal commitments to sign today, and may be getting one more. Lost out on a couple of other guys we were trying for.

Auburn and Oregon are shamelessly dropping bags the past couple of days.

Jack Plummer has entered the portal (as a graduate student)

Looks like he wasn't too keen to run the Air Raid

As yes - I continue to write Jake first before correcting myself

Well, lots of rumors that the Denver Broncos are interested in Harbaugh. No word yet on if he has any mutual interest. It's not a particularly attractive looking job, especially against a Michigan team that should enter next year a preseason top 5 and the favorite in the B1G.