DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2023 OFF SEASON

RIPPA

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Unsurprisingly - it won't be a dull moment with Coach Prime

Wonder how long it will be before Colorado is hit with a recruiting violation

The NCAA really doesn't like to go after big state schools like Colorado, they only bring the hammer down on private schools like SMU, USC, Miami or smaller state schools like UNLV.

Oh I am not talking major - more the self imposed loss of a scholarship or two because at some point the NCAA is gonna be all "you have to stop showing how the sausage is made"

I am trying to decide the over/under on next year's starters that come from the transfer portal. 16? 18?

52 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And how far away from Colorado will he be by the time it hits them 

I am trying to decide the over/under on next year's starters that come from the transfer portal. 16? 18?

You can say that for almost every college team not named Georgia, Ohio State, Alabama, or maybe Michigan.   

Edited by hammerva

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Another of those 'quiet part out loud' things was that Colorado's AD admitted on Sunday that he "currently" doesn't have the money to pay Deion the $5.5M for his salary this year (nor the full value of his contract, obviously).  He's confident he'll get the money for it, but still.   

And I'm sure that interview was aimed directly at the alums/boosters to pony up. Because I'm sure the Colorado state government isn't keen to throw around an additional $2 million at CU because they thought they needed a big name HC that hasn't beaten anyone above a My Little Sister State-level college.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Another of those 'quiet part out loud' things was that Colorado's AD admitted on Sunday that he "currently" doesn't have the money to pay Deion the $5.5M for his salary this year (nor the full value of his contract, obviously).  He's confident he'll get the money for it, but still.   

And I'm sure that interview was aimed directly at the alums/boosters to pony up. Because I'm sure the Colorado state government isn't keen to throw around an additional $2 million at CU because they thought they needed a big name HC that hasn't beaten anyone above a My Little Sister State-level college.

Kinda tells you where the program is at that they are in the Pac-12 but don't have $5.5m to pay their coach. I seriously doubt the state gives them the money either. I'm sure they'll get the dough but, man, it would be hilarious if they don't. 

This is right up there with Michigan announcing Brady Hoke as their coach before he'd actually signed and Hoke's agent using that leverage to renege on their verbal agreement to get Hoke several million more in salary. 

15 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Kinda tells you where the program is at that they are in the Pac-12 but don't have $5.5m to pay their coach. I seriously doubt the state gives them the money either. I'm sure they'll get the dough but, man, it would be hilarious if they don't. 

This is right up there with Michigan announcing Brady Hoke as their coach before he'd actually signed and Hoke's agent using that leverage to renege on their verbal agreement to get Hoke several million more in salary. 

Barstool seems pretty invested in Deion (makes sense, they're both garbage), but I read that  Philip Anschutz's son is a CU alum so maybe they'll be reaching out to him. Probably a bunch of CU alums who are now making $$$ on dispensaries as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

Satterfield going from Louisville to Cincy is an odd move. Feels lateral at best. 

You never want to hire a coach whose old job is happy he’s gone. And that is exactly what Cincy has done. Louisville has been ready to be done with Satterfield for two years.

Huge downgrade from Fickell.

• Like 1

Phil Jurkovec is transferring to Pitt. He’ll be reunited with the Boston College OC who generated some NFL draft buzz for him in 2021. Seems like a good move for all parties. Phil is a much better fit for what the Nard Dog wants to do on offense than Kedon Slovis was.

On a related note, I do think it’s going to be interesting to see what Alabama does or does not do with the QB position in the portal this offseason. Next year’s QB room is a redshirt sophomore, a redshirt freshman, and two true freshmen. And Milroe did not look great as a passer when he came in for Bryce this year.

1 hour ago, EVA said:

Phil Jurkovec is transferring to Pitt. He’ll be reunited with the Boston College OC who generated some NFL draft buzz for him in 2021. Seems like a good move for all parties. Phil is a much better fit for what the Nard Dog wants to do on offense than Kedon Slovis was.

Slovis was the best they could get last year and Jurkovec is the best they can get this year. 

53 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

Slovis was the best they could get last year and Jurkovec is the best they can get this year. 

Slovis’s talents were just an obviously horrible match for the Cignetti offense from the beginning. Jurkovec has at least been successful in that offense, with much less talent around him, in the past, so I’m assuming this is going to work out much better.

2 hours ago, EVA said:

On a related note, I do think it’s going to be interesting to see what Alabama does or does not do with the QB position in the portal this offseason. Next year’s QB room is a redshirt sophomore, a redshirt freshman, and two true freshmen. And Milroe did not look great as a passer when he came in for Bryce this year.

Well, if they decide to can BoB they might wait and see who they can pull in for whatever system their new OC wants to run. 

This is a trend to watch for. As the money gets bigger and bigger at the P5 level, I think you’re going to see more G5 HCs get hired as P5 coordinators. And obviously Colorado and the PAC-12 are not even close to the top of the food chain when it comes to the money they can offer assistant coaches.

• Like 1

So, I'm assuming either Jeff Brohm will be Louisville's next head coach, or Purdue is about to give him a hell of a raise.

There's a lot of buzz on Sherrone Moore being a head coach prospect somewhere. He's risen up the ranks real fast, and got the co-OC job this year at Michigan. His work with the offensive line the last two years speaks for itself, good chance they get their second straight Joe Moore award. 

5 hours ago, JLowe said:

Well, if they decide to can BoB they might wait and see who they can pull in for whatever system their new OC wants to run. 

I was saying the other day in a different thread that if the Arizona Cardinals fire Kingsbury, he feels like a really good candidate for the Nick Saban Coach Rehabilitation Program and is the kind of coach Saban might want to pair with his next great quarterback.

• Like 2