DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2023 OFF SEASON

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

Is Liberty a step up or down from Coastal Carolina?

I would think so, but I think Liberty financially is a little more stockpiled. I'd heard Chadwell tied to the South Florida job. 

Remember - for its worth - Liberty is joining Conference USA next year and apparently is already considered to be the school with the best resources in said conference

• Like 1

Dead serious question: is there any info out there on whether Deion can actually coach? Clearly he can recruit but how about actual coaching? 

Edited by Tabe

I mean he is a solid coach on the low level of NCAA given his last 2 years.  now whether that translate to playing Arizona or UCLA and not Grambling is another issue

To me the bigger question is whether Deion really went to Jackson State to elevate HBCU or was it always about him.  I mean guess he wasn't SWAC after all

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

I mean he is a solid coach on the low level of NCAA given his last 2 years.  now whether that translate to playing Arizona or UCLA and not Grambling is another issue

To me the bigger question is whether Deion really went to Jackson State to elevate HBCU or was it always about him.  I mean guess he wasn't SWAC after all

I don’t think that’s a hard question to answer, it’s ALWAYS all about Meion

I am not surprised Coach Prime took a more prestigious coaching job, that is what all college coaches do. I am surprised he is going to Colorado, I figured he'd stay at Jackson State until a job in the Southeast opened up. Course that could just be me thinking he wanted to stay in the Florida area which may not be a factor to him, and nothing is stopping him from leaving Colorado in a couple years if a school like FSU is more the goal if he continues being successful.

9 minutes ago, EVA said:

Tomorrow the portal officially re-opens, and everybody better hold onto their butts. Lots of smart people around the biz are expecting this to be the busiest portal season ever.

Bowl season is going to be even more chaotic than usual with which players won't and will be playing, between those opting out to prepare for the NFL, to those opting out to prepare for spring semester at their next home.

Speaking of the portal, here’s Deion saying the quiet part out loud to his new players at Colorado, in the most Deion way possible:

Love that he ends by making them give him a call and response on the equivalent of Alec Baldwin’s coffee is for closers speech.

Edited by EVA

I find such things entertaining but the issue he'll have of course is if you carry yourself that way, bring in your son to QB, etc. and go 1-11 again, there are going to be some really angry people. Personally I am rooting for him just as a neutral party, its fun when people shake things up a bit.