DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2022 - CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK

RIPPA

Georgia played that first half like a team that is still pissed off they didn't win the SEC last year, Natty be damned.

Oddly, I think Ohio might actually have a better chance of beating then than Michigan. Michigan is a less talented version of the same basic team. There's a possibility Ohio gets the passing game rolling and takes Georgia out of their comfort zone. 

Of course, it's still definitely more likely Georgia does what Michigan has the last two years and just out physicals them and wears them out. Styles make fights and all that.

So obviously Georgia is 1, Michigan 2. Ohio and TCU almost certainly round out the field.

I do wonder if they'll force  The Game rematch or send Ohio to Atlanta and make both B1G teams earn a second meeting.

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

So obviously Georgia is 1, Michigan 2. Ohio and TCU almost certainly round out the field.

I do wonder if they'll force  The Game rematch or send Ohio to Atlanta and make both B1G teams earn a second meeting.

Personally, I won’t mind a bit if Alabama or USC edge out TCU for the fourth spot.  Going undefeated in any conference is an achievement but the Big 12 had a fairly average year and TCU benefitted greatly from that.  I don’t really look at them as being at the same level as GA, OSU and Michigan and think USC or Alabama would make for a better game.

Edited by Confused Villanova Grad

See, I think it’s the opposite. The Big 12 was actually a really competitive league that kind of ate itself, producing a very strong middle but no other top contenders besides TCU (who, it must be said, caught a LOT of breaks along the way to survive the regular season undefeated). On the flip side, I think the B1G was a bunch of nothing aside from Michigan, Ohio State, and to a much, much lesser extent PSU. Which is not to say I have a problem with Michigan and Ohio State being in, but I do think it’s tough to evaluate how good they really are.

I mean, look at Penn State’s schedule and tell me what their notable win was this season. And a lot of Mich/OSU’s rep is built on a “quality” win against a team who’s biggest achievement was either beating the least bad team in the B1G West by a hair in Week 1 or losing to OSU by 7.

Michigan’s only quality wins are PSU and OSU…who’s only quality wins are PSU and ND.

A LOT riding on how fugazi or not Penn State is. (I think very.)

Edited by EVA
  • Like 1

Here’s an interesting Big 12/B1G comp:

Iowa State finished in last place in the Big 12 with a 1-8 conference record. 6 of those 8 losses were by one score or less.

At the beginning of the season, that same Iowa State team traveled to Kinnick and beat Iowa, who controlled their own destiny to play into the B1G championship game heading into the final week of the season.

The Big 12 was a TIGHT league who’s absolute bottom was at least comparable to the B1G’s middle.

• Like 1