DVDVR Message Board

DYNAMITE!- 11/30/2022!

DEAN

1 minute ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Read this as 'We'll have a Tito's" and thought: hope they have room for a poor Yankee

I remember when Tito’s first came out, had a lot of pride that we had this Austin-based vodka that was better than something twice the price. It was great for all us poor Texan punks trying to get drunk at the shows.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JLowe said:

I remember when Tito’s first came out, had a lot of pride that we had this Austin-based vodka that was better than something twice the price. It was great for all us poor Texan punks trying to get drunk at the shows.

That's awesome - We didn't get it up here until maybe ten years ago or so, so when we were kids going to shows it was all Dubra, Majorska, Graves XXX (bet you didn't know there was something EVEN CHEAPER than Everclear!) It's a miracle some of us made it, really - I still can't drink Red Powerade. I've never been to Austin, but I saw an episode of Bar Rescue with a place called The Brixton on it, and it seemed like a pretty cool vibe down there (the owner was a prick, his wife was too good looking for him but seemed like a very sweet lady).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

That's awesome - We didn't get it up here until maybe ten years ago or so, so when we were kids going to shows it was all Dubra, Majorska, Graves XXX (bet you didn't know there was something EVEN CHEAPER than Everclear!) It's a miracle some of us made it, really - I still can't drink Red Powerade. I've never been to Austin, but I saw an episode of Bar Rescue with a place called The Brixton on it, and it seemed like a pretty cool vibe down there (the owner was a prick, his wife was too good looking for him but seemed like a very sweet lady).

So, that whole episode was a setup by The Brixton owners to get a new sound system for the bar. They faked all the issues they were having in their personal life, kept the new name and look of the bar for whatever obligatory period was required (couldn’t have been more than a week and more like a weekend) and then changed the name back and got rid of all the drink changes. It was a decent dive, I used to hang there some, watched a couple 2010 World Cup games there at 5 am. It closed right around the start of the pandemic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'm surprised Waltman's not gotten a final run in earnest with his personal and health issues seeming to be behind him; perhaps that's how he keeps it that way, who knows. It was a real treat to see him on that GCW PPV from NY

Is he not retired? I thought it was why he was on the HOFs panel on NXT last week.

1 hour ago, just drew said:

I could see him entering the Rumble as either 1-2-3 Kid or X-Pac. The nostalgia pop is one of my favorite things about the Rumble...

What prompted me to post what I did was I remembered him saying at some point in the last few years that he contacted them to let them know he was cleared if they wanted him for the Rumble, but hadn't heard back (kinda messed up, if you ask me).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1