DVDVR Message Board

DYNAMITE!- 11/30/2022!

DEAN

4 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Just added: Samoa Joe vs AR Fox for the TNT Championship.

It's like waking up on Christmas morning. I know I'm gonna get something good, but I don't know what it will be... Then it turns out to be something I never asked for but also something I really wanted!

• Like 3

Will Washington said, weeks ago, that Swerve having a cameraman for the Daddy Ass kidnapping was going to play a bigger role in the story (and most assumed it would end up being AR Fox). I wonder if that's been dropped or we just haven't gotten there yet in the story. Either way, I'm happy for AR Fox, and heel Samoa Joe is never a bad thing. I'm begging him to unify the titles, though. Whittle it down to just the World, Tag, Women's and Pure titles for ROH. Please, TK.

As usual, I'll watch tonight, but nothing is really jumping out at me.

I'm sure MJF will allude to the Regal dirtsheet stuff tonight, because of course he will. I won't hear it, because MJF kind of sucks.

The Elite/Death Triangle... eh. It'll be bonkers, again, but I rather have some downtime in between the series and get like, Omega/Fenix or Matt/Pentagon or something.

Jade has another celebration, which means another challenger will come out and lose eventually. Keira, maybe? At this point if it's not Statlander returning (nope) or a big debut, I'm just going to assume it's a low level name and will pad Jade's record. Meh.

I hope we get some movement on Shida vs Bunny & Ford tonight. I'm really just hoping for another crazy hardcore tag match involving the Bunny.

Willow vs Anna Jay is rough, because Anna Jay is still, uh... not very good.  I've been warming up to Emi Sakura, and Athena's heel run is great... move this to Dark, and put either one of those on Dynamite. Willow is awesome though, so I'm torn here.

Where has Saraya been? She's in Indianapolis I believe, according to her Instagram.

Dax/Danielson will rule ass obviously, but is there more to it besides "here's a great match"? Don't get me wrong, love good matches on free TV. But that happens all the time in AEW. Is there a story brewing, or what?

• Like 1

I'm ALMOST LATE!  Had to watch VCU play Vanderbilt.  So I was watching Dynamite on the TBS APP~! So I need to go back and watch the beginning of the Dax Harwood/ Dragon match.  Dax Harwood is Danielson's Tomohiro Ishii! From what I saw!  AR Fox gets to get crushed by Samoa Joe!  I'm assuming that Wardlow injects himself in this.  AR Fox is selling an assbeating well.  Joe mangles him all during picture in picture. Fox makes a really great comeback!  Joe CRUSHES Fox with a Muscle Buster.  My wife has gone to bed so I can watch Danielson/Dax on the DVR!  Oh good!  MJF is going to yammer on so I should be able to CATCH UP!  Is MOX not ever going on vacation?  Hey!  It's Regal!  I thought he was going back to WWE and the arms of HHH?!?  DAMN YOU, TWITTER!  HANGMAN RETURNS!  MOX WILL NEVER GET HIS VACATION!  This is fun pull apart.  DAX the AXE!  The AMERICAN DRAGON!  MJF is talking!  I would fast forward through it but I have Dax/Dragon on the other screen.  I fast forward through the Bloodline stuff too, so it isn't that I hate MJF or anything.  I think Dragon saw Jericho last week and said, "I'd better step up my great match game."  They kick each other in the face on a ropebreak and this match is officially awesome.  They channel Jericho/Ishii by chopping the fudge out of each other.  GREAT FUCKING TOPE by Dragon!  Bryan Danielson IS Darby Allin!  Suplex on the floor as we revel in picture in picture.  (Meanwhile, MJF is speaking on the TBS APP~! feed.  I'm sure the fine people on the Death Valley Driver Video Review Message Board will hip me if I need to go watch it.)  Dax is beating the shit out of Dragon as we continue into the HEART of picture in picture!  Released German Suplex by Dax!  GREAT FUCKING PILEDRIVER by Dax!  This is more complex of a match than Jericho/Ishii but just as hard edged.  Man. this match is fucking GREAT, (MJF turns on Regal!) GREAT FUCKING SLINGSHOT LYGER BOMB!  SHARPSHOOTER!  Roll ups!  Transition to the LaBelle Lock!  Dax taps!  Awesome!  Chris Jericho- your move!  That was fucking great.  Regal is stretchered out!  Bryan Danielson now has a reason to go after MJF!  This is some fun stuff.  Ricky Starks gets to follow that.  Ethan Page cuts a PROMO on Ricky!  Ricky makes quick work of Ari Daivari.  Anna JAS!  Willow Nightingale!  Willow is OVER in Indianapolis!  Anna JAS goes on offense as we FEAST on the picture in picture!  (VCU BEATS VANDERBILT!  RUNnnnn RUNnnnn RUNnnnn VCU!)  Indianapolis is a great wrestling city.  The bass player for Honor Roll used to cut Dick the Bruisers grass when he (Chip the bassplayer) was a kid.  This was the best Anna JAS match so far!  PUT THE BELT ON WILLOW!  HOLY SHIT!  RUBY SOHO!  SHE has NEW HAIR!  RUBY TAKES ON TAY!  AWESOME!  Awesome!  Orange Cassidy versus QT!  Jade Cargill is wearing tiny paunts!  I was hoping Kris Statlander was going to show up.  Instead. we got.  Bow Wow.  People in Indiana know the words to songs by Kansas!  Death Triangle should come out to "Point of noooo RETURN!  THE POINT OF NO RETUuuuRN!"  I guess they are going ECW with tonight's match.  I hope they fit a BattlARTS match in before they are done.  They need to make it to the concession stand!  Matt Missile Dropkicks the ref!  All kindsa stuff happens!  Rey Fenix is STILL a wuss when it comes to cheating!  Death Triangle.  GREAT fucking Stuff Piledriver by PENTA!  AVALANCHE FALCON ARROW by PAC!  We wallow in the awesomeness of picture in picture and we get a TAG to Rey Fenix!  Omega becomes our tweener in peril!  MORE ALL KINDSA STUFF HAPPENS!  GREAT Brainbuster by PAC!  Matt Jackson reverses SOMETHING to roll up PAC for the win!  That was GREAT total TRAINWRECK!  BattlARTS!  BattlARTS!  BattlARTS!  AEW RULES THE WHOLE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD!   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Jesse the Body Ventura voice

"McMahon, when you're in that ring, you're always in some sort of danger. I was a Navy Seal in Vietnam, and I was hit by Agent Orange. Years later, I got blood clots and I couldn't wrestle any more. When that happened, you didn't see me by that ring. People say that William Regal has had problems and that it's such an awful thing that MJF hit Regal because of his health problems. McMahon, if his health problems are that bad, why is he in the ring. He knew what he was getting himself into, Vinnie"

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

Pretty decent work tonight. Dax/Bryan was the banger of the night, and now I want Cash/Bryan. The trios match was good and I figured every one of these seven matches were going to be a little unique. 

The guy in the Dick the Bruiser shirt was clearly the man and probably stole that shitty Cornette sign from the first segment and threw it away.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Red King said:

The new superior AEW World belt

Fi23U_1XEAECTBI?format=jpg&name=small

Can't embed tweets, but Allie Katch with the line of the night:

"girl not a Burberry belt for the man whose tan gonna come right off on it"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Jamal said:

Good stuff from Willow and Anna Jay, leading into the huge Ruby return. 

The dichotomy of man:

I thought Anna Jay looked really bad, and Willow did great because she's awesome and helped cover for it most of the time.

Send Anna overseas for a tour or two, sign Billie Starkz when she turns 18, and put her on TV instead and watch as she becomes AEW's 2015 Bayley or what they had originally planned for Kylie Rae.

• Like 8

Yo, as great as this episode was, Young Sheldon is CRUSHING right now. The kid switching majors after taking a philosophy course and having an epistemological crisis is giving me major Good Place vibes.

"If I can't know what's real, what's the point?" Same, Shelly. Same.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Caught the MJF bit. Wish I hadn’t. If Regal really wants to go back to his kid and his Hunter and Tony is kindly allowing it, well… more terrible luck for the promoter whose had more terrible luck in a year than any other in history. But that was very close to the worst possible scenario for how that segment could go. This was the moment where it was obvious just how weak the narrative foundation has become. Thankfully there’s so much else to rely on but that was inauspicious. 

• Like 11