DVDVR Message Board

AEW Rampage - 11/25/2022

The Natural

I hope we are still getting a FTR v Gunns tag at some point and that the 8 man wasn't the blow off. I feel there's a really good Memphis style tag waiting to happen (and would be a nice change of pace from the spot fest style of tag wrestling that seems to dominate AEW)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, zendragon said:

I hope we are still getting a FTR v Gunns tag at some point and that the 8 man wasn't the blow off. I feel there's a really good Memphis style tag waiting to happen (and would be a nice change of pace from the spot fest style of tag wrestling that seems to dominate AEW)

Agreed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zendragon said:

I'm sure something's coming, but if you'd like to get a sense of what this might look like then there's something way back on the March 30th Dynamite you might enjoy. 

• Like 1

I keep saying it but they need to get the tag belts onto FTR before AAA or NJPW book their own titles away.

Having that shot of FTR with all of the gold is too good to miss.

I\d be down with them taking the titles at Winter is Coming, showing them off at Wrestle Kingdom, then dropping them back to The Acclaimed early in 2023.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, L_W_P said:

I keep saying it but they need to get the tag belts onto FTR before AAA or NJPW book their own titles away.

Having that shot of FTR with all of the gold is too good to miss.

I\d be down with them taking the titles at Winter is Coming, showing them off at Wrestle Kingdom, then dropping them back to The Acclaimed early in 2023.

Especially AAA. They've had those belts forever now. Does the promotion care about those titles at all, or are they just happy to have some cross-promotion, erm... promotion, as it were?

• Like 1

FTR! TOP FLIGHT!  Oh man, Cash Wheeler is so fucking good making Top Flight look great.  Dax moves it from WORKRATE to ASSBEATING.  This is great standard FTR match.  Make your opponent look great and then hit a lot of hard-edge moves- make with the fun nearfalls and BANG!  BIG RIG!  That was really good.  DADDY MAGIC HAS AN IDEA!  Tony Storm is fucking awesome.  I await the rematch.  Anthony Henry!  I don't think he is beating Darby Allin!  JD Drake takes a lunatic tope from Allin!  Allin is the king of selling an assbeating to make his opponent look good and he does that for Henry.  That is the theme of the episode.  Drake does his Bounce Off The Ropes And Club To The Head that either Briggs or Jensen stole on NXT!  STING, the Batman to Allin's Robin, throw Drake into the barricade!  Drake is more fun in this match than the dudes who are actually in the match.  Coffin Drop and that's that!  Hikaru Shida!  QUEEN AMINATA!  Sign her already!  Shida vs the Bunny= RATINGS, DADDY!  HOLY SHIT!  DAX HARWOOD VS AMERICAN DRAGON!  Well, THAT will be good.  RUSH!  The Butcher and the Blade!  A couple of the Dark Order!  RUSH CHOKES OUT JOHN SILVER WITH THE DAYGLO CABLE!  This is a great ass beating.  John Silver is great as a sympathetic babyface.  Butcher is great as a guy beating the shit out of John Silver.  I dig this afternoon RAMPAGE!  MAKE THE CHANGE, TK!  PRESTON VANCE is now EVIL!  DOUBLE BIRDS FROM VANCE!  THE DESTRUCTION OF THE DARK ORDER!  WHERE IS HANGMAN PAGE?!?!  -1 is HEARTBROKEN!  That was great.  AEW RULES THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD.

EDIT:  Oh yeah!  Menacing ATHENA is the best ATHENA!  She will be a GREAT ROH champion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Fun show, as always. I really liked the 10 heel turn, specifically because of -1. I really want -1 to now just go for full-on revenge and make 10 rue the day he ever did what he did. Fucking get him run over by a truck or something. Really make him pay.

FTR/Top Flight was pretty good, and so was the announcement of Bryan/Dax. 

I'm not sure I'm too excited about Claudio/Jericho but it'll be a good match, at least. When Claudio loses, Jericho should force him to repackage himself as some goofy NXT-like character and change his name. Also, Claudio isn't a strong promo.

• Like 2

Rampage was on at 6 am my time. I was not planning to watch it live but I woke up at 5:56 because I had to take a whiz. Good timing, my bladder. So, might as well, what the hey, YOLO, I stayed up and watched it live while chatting with my buddy Kyle, who lives in Canada or America or somewhere weird like that, and from whom I will steal a joke in this post.

I agree with all of DEAN's takes on the show. I know this because I went right back to sleep pretty much as soon as the show ended. So, I was able to read his thoughts before posting mine, rather than typing simultaneously.

I think Dante Martin is at least part mountain goat. Because he likes to sing about Chavo Sr.

I owe my bladder one. FTR vs Top Flight was TOO MUCH FUN. Exactly what you'd hope for. Speed and athleticism vs savvy, toughness, and teamwork.

LOVED the hyuge bandaids on Jericho's chest! HATED some random A-hole trying to start a WHAT chant in 2022, as Craig H pointed out in his ROAD REPORT. I am bewildered by the guy he described who presumably paid for tickets, parking, etc etc to sit in the arena and loudly complain 🤔 I wonder if he's bragging about it on social media somewhere or whatever.

Maybe Toni Storm will get Broken Face as her new theme song. We know Tony K likes The Pixies.

YEAH! JD DRAKE ON TV! I hope this leads to Drake vs Sting and also a tag match. DARBY has great ring chemistry with Henry, like he does with B. King.

Athena has to build some evil-looking wings now.

YEAH! SHIDA ON TV! And vs AMINATA, too! Hooray!

Dark Order gets a main event! Will the announcers act surprised when 10 turns? Yes, they will! Perfect use of -1 there. Butcher, Blade, Bunny, Bull, & Bad Friend.

Now that 10 has turned, presumably he will go by 

Spoiler

from now on.

BRYAN VS DAX! HEY NATURAL! BRYAN VS DAX!!

Oh, baby! 

Edit: I got a screen cap of Uno unmasked:

Spoiler

S1oMDwn.jpg

Edited by Gordlow
I have to switch browsers to post images
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• Picture-in-picture is for the birds.
  • I really liked the first half of Top Flight vs FTR as it was a different sort of match. It reminded me in a lot of ways of Demolition vs the Rockers or some such, where FTR just made Top Flight really work for any sort of advantage they could get with superior agility and double teams. Back half got a little loose-y goose-y for me as they just did stuff, but it was a great showing for Darius being his second match back and there were a bunch of specific spots I liked a lot.
  • I'm going to have to go back to the Darby match but I did like what I see. Henry countering the coffin splash was gnarly. All of the JD Drake stuff was great. JR went absolutely nuts for his trademark spot. Is Darby hulking up a little more or am I just noticing it more? I was hoping we'd get some forward direction out of him coming out of this (I doubt it'll be Darby and Sting vs WorkHorsemen but that'd be an undeniably fun Winter is Coming Rampage match.
  • Shida ate a kick but not too much else. I'm very much looking forward to Shida (and literally anyone on the roster) vs Bunny/Penelope.
  • On the one hand, I really want Claudio to move on to different opponents. On the other hand, I really want Claudio in the JAS skits.
  • Why did they let Butcher and Blade talk before the match? Always messes with me. Beatdown was real good numbers game. Turn was chef kiss perfect. I just wish Vance was better at making the discus lariat look hurty, right?
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, (BP) said:

As far as Claudio and fresh matches, what I really want to see is Claudio and Yuta vs reformed evil Swerve in Our Glory. 

Totally. There's still a TON of fresh matchups with the roster. I'm simultaneously glad they're not burning through it all but anxious of what we could miss. 

I mean fuck, Danielson vs OC... 

• Like 4