DVDVR Message Board

AEW/ROH Finances, Ratings, etc.

Log

5 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

6nxUKjM.png

• so we start at 1.016
  • then minus 122k from BBT slowpokes and the first match fading into the second match
  • plus 94k from Stoke/Hook, etc
  • minus 46k in the Cole/Garcia QH
  • plus 9k for Moxley/Grayson
  • minus 40k for Storm/Blue, etc
  • plus 54k for the first 10 minutes of the main event plus 5 minutes
  • and plus 4k for the rest of the main event

Congrats to the ratings king, Stokely Hathaway

• Like 2

On 3/23/2023 at 7:04 PM, Dolphman 3000 said:

Besides the Gunns being ratings poison, it's clear there's still an audience for Kenny as a solo act without the Bucks dragging him down

I definitely prefer him that way, but I also wonder if there really is an appetite for regular trios matches.

Edited by JLowe

10 minutes ago, zendragon said:

Personally I’m a fan of big multi man tags (like shield v Wyatt’s)but not a fan of the current house style of trios matches , I wonder how much of an island I’m on

I'm there with ya. On top of that, I don't like The Young Bucks. I have zero interest in watching them wrestle. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, southofheavy said:

I'm there with ya. On top of that, I don't like The Young Bucks. I have zero interest in watching them wrestle. 

Did I get shit faced and create an alter over the weekend?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, zendragon said:

Personally I’m a fan of big multi man tags (like shield v Wyatt’s)but not a fan of the current house style of trios matches , I wonder how much of an island I’m on

The house format has gotten pretty stale for sure, and I no longer think they have a need for a trios belt.

• Like 1

I don’t know if anyone even realized this, but All Access actually had a sneak preview after the NCAA game on Saturday night (at like midnight CST).

And it beat Rampage in the ratings (738k vs 373k).

20 minutes ago, just drew said:

Adam Cole losing viewers? Hmmm…

explain yourself, because that All Access sneak peek number is great for something that was only advertised during the NCAA game and wasn’t announced beforehand. AND it was in the dead of night, on a Saturday.

32 minutes ago, Casey said:

explain yourself, because that All Access sneak peek number is great for something that was only advertised during the NCAA game and wasn’t announced beforehand. AND it was in the dead of night, on a Saturday.

He’s boring as fuck and his segments routinely lose viewers on dynamite? This isn’t a tough concept. If adam Cole were a draw, nXt would still be on Wednesdays. TK has a better future top babyface already on his roster; Ricky Starks. The obsession with Cole is baffling to me.

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Seems like the natural title matchup to book right now is Omega vs. MJF, just in terms of fresh title matchups that haven't happened yet and could draw.

That would fornicate. I co-sign.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, just drew said:

He’s boring as fuck and his segments routinely lose viewers on dynamite? This isn’t a tough concept. If adam Cole were a draw, nXt would still be on Wednesdays. TK has a better future top babyface already on his roster; Ricky Starks. The obsession with Cole is baffling to me.

Sunk cost fallacy?

y3r9lmw4oyqa1.png

so here's our ratings-ball winners and mostly losers

start at 962

minus 81k going into a QH which was mostly talk

minus 27k for BCC squash and more attacks

minus 18k for Omega/Cobb

plus 12k for Cassidy/Butcher

minus 27k to mostly nothing plus the beginning of Ruby/Willow

minus 73k for mostly nothing plus the end of Ruby/Willow

minus 28k for the main event

so, 962k to 847k from 8-8:15 to 9-9:15 and 835k to 719k from 8:45-9 to 9:45-10

As predicted, holy shit, did putting up nothing for near 30 minutes fuck the ratings.

4 hours ago, Matt D said:

My take is that old people really don’t like Adam Cole.

they probably were gonna have Cole in the main event to lead into All-Access but in the scheme of things, it feels like they could have shuffled the match order and been better for it. Hardy/Perry opening probably didn't start things off strongly. Omega/Cobb being in the first hour was sort of a surprise.

But yeah, even if Garcia has done something in AEW, some people probably had no doubt that Adam Cole was winning that match.

• Like 1