DVDVR Message Board

AEW/ROH Finances, Ratings, etc.

Log

6 minutes ago, elizium said:

I got shamed in a group chat on the weekend for not knowing who the Impractical Jokers were, after they were used in a meme about Kirk Cousins. So they are definitely out there

I've only heard them mentioned on Dynamite. Maybe it was when one of the wrestlers was featured on their episode, or something? But through AEW, I am familiar with the name.

• Like 1

two segments increased the numbers from the last segment: Danielson/Rush and a margin of error-ish 1K increase for Acclaimed/Gunns

the night: start at 1.049m, -49k, -59k, -72k, an increase, -75k, -69k, and then the main event.

so take your pick on who gets blamed for the 3 largest drops happening during JAS/Starks (plus bonus MJF), and both parts of Elite vs Fox/Top Flight.

40 minutes ago, Matt D said:

One thing Khan did say in the last 24 hours or so is that the Bloomberg Businessweek article that came out last week has led to a spur of interest from sponsors/business partners, etc. So we'll see if we get a Pitch Black match in AEW too.

I can’t wait for the RC Cola Championship 

• Haha 1

Not sure which thread is most proper for this (not seeing a current Navel-Gazer) but I just had one of the most frustrating conversations I've ever had with another fan:

Im at the store just now getting a coffee and sandwich, and the kid behind the counter is like 'Man I can't even read the bottom of your shirt, but from the skull and the pink, is that Bret 'The Hitman' Hart?' - we get to chatting a bit, and my man gets to the inevitable 'Ah, I miss those days - haven't watched WWE in forever, man, what about you?' - 'Been a few years since I fell off, more of an AEW guy now.' His response flabbergasted me:

'Nah, bro... Like... I dunno... If I don't watch WWE, how am I gonna watch AEW, y'know what I mean?' 

'Not really.'

'Like, I dunno, man, like... It's like watching the (Brooklyn) Cyclones without being a Mets fan'

No wonder they spent a billion dollars on LED screens and those sweet new Smackdown graphics

30 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Not sure which thread is most proper for this (not seeing a current Navel-Gazer) but I just had one of the most frustrating conversations I've ever had with another fan:

Im at the store just now getting a coffee and sandwich, and the kid behind the counter is like 'Man I can't even read the bottom of your shirt, but from the skull and the pink, is that Bret 'The Hitman' Hart?' - we get to chatting a bit, and my man gets to the inevitable 'Ah, I miss those days - haven't watched WWE in forever, man, what about you?' - 'Been a few years since I fell off, more of an AEW guy now.' His response flabbergasted me:

'Nah, bro... Like... I dunno... If I don't watch WWE, how am I gonna watch AEW, y'know what I mean?' 

'Not really.'

'Like, I dunno, man, like... It's like watching the (Brooklyn) Cyclones without being a Mets fan'

No wonder they spent a billion dollars on LED screens and those sweet new Smackdown graphics

Do you think he was mistaking AEW for NXT?

• Like 1