DVDVR Message Board

AEW/ROH Finances, Ratings, etc.

Log

4 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

I'm more concerned about the fact they didn't explain how Parker got out of The Trustbusters.

Ari traded him for a spot on Swerve's next album. That's my headcanon of what a rich guy would do at least.

• Like 3

On 1/5/2023 at 3:18 PM, Red King said:

My last time doing the ratingz for Dynamite 

Last week
876,000 viewers (28 in the demo)

This week
864,000 viewers (26 in the demo) and ranked numbah 4.

Bye bye

i know it's not universal, but i appreciate you posting these each week. it's not info i would go out of my way to find, but it is worth knowing. thank you.

• Like 4

On 1/10/2023 at 4:44 PM, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

Will they ever give face tatted Minor League Baseball dude a name? 

Someone on Twitter called him “Tattattoiue” and I nearly peed on myself…

• Haha 5

33 minutes ago, zendragon said:

Powerslap is definably one of those things I could see my self checking out for 5 minutes but never ever making destination television 

25 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Unless you’re Inoki 

I think that first quote goes for everyone, which begs the question who the intended audience is? It cannot be combat sports fans. I am one of the hardest of hardcore fight fans, and that's not even something I would think about watching. There is a reason why no one has devoted an entire league around a slam dunk contest or HR derby. As a ceremonial and annual one off as part of a league break, it works (no longer in the NBA but you get the point). It makes no sense to take out everything that makes boxing or MMA competitive or fun and just skip to the concussive part. At least feign that you're trying to make it make sense.

Once I saw the Twitter clip of homegirl getting slapped, falling down limp, and failing to get back on her feet of her own power to the point of doing a forward roll cause her motor skills and coordination have been shut down, I realized that isn't for me. Even out of morbid curiosity, it doesn't really work for me. I mean I used "slapped" above loosely just because if you cannot move your head or attempt to parry/block the strike coming at you, you might as well get punched right on the jaw by someone standing point blank in front of you. It also begs the question of how this got sanctioned in Nevada. Nothing about this coalesces into a watchable and enjoyable TV product.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

In a simpler time, Home Run Derby worked as a weekly TV show. 

I'd rather watch 10 hours of Home Run Derby where no one hits a home run than I would 10 seconds of Power Slap. I hope it fails even more miserably than its start, so I never have to see another commercial.

20 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I think that first quote goes for everyone, which begs the question who the intended audience is?

Slightly off topic but this defines so much of television for me. Who watches four hours of impractical jokers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1