DVDVR Message Board

AEW/ROH Finances, Ratings, etc.

Log

10 minutes ago, Red King said:

My last time doing the ratingz for Dynamite 

Last week
876,000 viewers (28 in the demo)

This week
864,000 viewers (26 in the demo) and ranked numbah 4.

Bye bye

Just like the last time you said it was your last time?

God. Where ever will we get ratings from?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Perhaps he is leaving the board altogether?

It can’t be as much fun for him, now there’s no photo thread and nobody clicks like on his “Random unnamed Japanese woman who seems nice” photo posts.

• Haha 5

Did Red King do something or is it just people find him m annoying? It seems like a pretty simple blocking would do the trick so he doesn’t have to be publicly mocked. I’m not a big ratings guy but a lot of his Japanese posts are informative and he seems like a nice person. OR this is playful teasing between friends and I apologize for being an sensitively overprotective wet blanket. An irritating day. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Octopus said:

Did Red King do something or is it just people find him m annoying? It seems like a pretty simple blocking would do the trick so he doesn’t have to be publicly mocked. I’m not a big ratings guy but a lot of his Japanese posts are informative and he seems like a nice person. OR this is playful teasing between friends and I apologize for being an sensitively overprotective wet blanket. An irritating day. 

I think a lot of it is he copies and pastes from Twitter, Meltzer, etc and never credits the source. Or he’ll post “news” days later. Like last week posting something about a Smackdown talent that’s been speculated for over a month.

28 minutes ago, just drew said:

I'm legitimately baffled by that rating, as I thought this week's show was one of the best Dynamites they've ever done. There wasn't a weak segment on it. 

Maybe the strong show this week will correlate with a ratings increase next week? I don't know if that's the way ratings work these days, though?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, just drew said:

I'm legitimately baffled by that rating, as I thought this week's show was one of the best Dynamites they've ever done. There wasn't a weak segment on it. 

As am I. I also thought it was one of the best AEW Dynamite shows ever. Only thing I can come up with is that sometimes the best shows don't get what they deserve while the shitty ones inexplicably do.

8 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

Maybe the strong show this week will correlate with a ratings increase next week? I don't know if that's the way ratings work these days, though?

You'd like to think so.

• Like 1

Looking at the quarter hours, it seems people didn't buy into the AR Fox vs Swerve Strickland match. I think the "no one knows who X is" argument is overblown in the age of the internet and all that but there's also a difference between able to learn who someone is and absorbing and understanding why you should care about them. It was a match that I thought could have been a draw six months down the line. It's a match that probably could have mattered more now if they gave a bit of time to a promo or two. It's one thing when they put out a cold match and it's a match for the sake of a match (which is sometimes ok!) but realistically, there's a reason to care about every match no matter the opponents or stakes and they don't always maximize that. There's overselling and that can be a problem but there's also not highlighting the elements that are there. They need some way to express to the audience that..

"On Rampage we're going to have Britt Baker and Jamie Hayter vs the Renegade Twins. Britt and Jamie seem like they're on the same page coming into the big tag match next week but this will be a chance to really see if that's the case. The Renegade Twins know that this is their big opportunity to make a mark so they're going to come out swinging and Britt and Jamie may have to fend off Twin Magic when they're usually the ones that resort to dirty tactics."

This is a match happening tonight. There are potentially interesting things about it! Find a way to highlight those for an audience before the fact.

It's a sales/promotion issue.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Looking at the quarter hours, it seems people didn't buy into the AR Fox vs Swerve Strickland match. I think the "no one knows who X is" argument is overblown in the age of the internet and all that but there's also a difference between able to learn who someone is and absorbing and understanding why you should care about them.

AR Fox and Top Flight vs. Swerve and his new gangster friends probably should have happened first to show fans "oh, Swerve and Fox work together well - I want to see that again"

Instead it's "hey remember AR Fox who did some cool moves in a 6-man tag 2 months ago?"

Edited by Dolphman 3000
  • Like 1

It's a good thing I'm not Tony Khan, because I'd have backed the Brinks truck up to Mercedes' house this morning. Probably Mandy Rose, too, just to be safe. Say what you want to about the surprise booking, but it seems to work. In a media rights negotiation year, I'm doing everything I can to get those fees as high as possible...

5 hours ago, just drew said:

It's a good thing I'm not Tony Khan, because I'd have backed the Brinks truck up to Mercedes' house this morning. Probably Mandy Rose, too, just to be safe. Say what you want to about the surprise booking, but it seems to work. In a media rights negotiation year, I'm doing everything I can to get those fees as high as possible...

On the subject Mandy Rose... Apparently PVZ is doing hardcore sex videos on her site with her husband. Hearing that Rose got canned for something similar makes me wonder if WBD doesn't want PVZ on the show for that reason

1 hour ago, zendragon said:

On the subject Mandy Rose... Apparently PVZ is doing hardcore sex videos on her site with her husband. Hearing that Rose got canned for something similar makes me wonder if WBD doesn't want PVZ on the show for that reason

PVZ’s taking the high hard one on the interwebs, eh? That’s good to know. For um… scientific purposes. Yeah. For science. 

Been good talking to you boys. I’ll be back tomorrow. Gotta go do some unrelated research…

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, zendragon said:

Not to be nosy or perverted, but that's why I asked for clarification when it came out she got fired. Racy content is quite different from hardcore B/G content. So which is it? 

8 hours ago, Matt D said:

Looking at the quarter hours, it seems people didn't buy into the AR Fox vs Swerve Strickland match. I think the "no one knows who X is" argument is overblown in the age of the internet and all that but there's also a difference between able to learn who someone is and absorbing and understanding why you should care about them. It was a match that I thought could have been a draw six months down the line. It's a match that probably could have mattered more now if they gave a bit of time to a promo or two. It's one thing when they put out a cold match and it's a match for the sake of a match (which is sometimes ok!) but realistically, there's a reason to care about every match no matter the opponents or stakes and they don't always maximize that. There's overselling and that can be a problem but there's also not highlighting the elements that are there. They need some way to express to the audience that..

"On Rampage we're going to have Britt Baker and Jamie Hayter vs the Renegade Twins. Britt and Jamie seem like they're on the same page coming into the big tag match next week but this will be a chance to really see if that's the case. The Renegade Twins know that this is their big opportunity to make a mark so they're going to come out swinging and Britt and Jamie may have to fend off Twin Magic when they're usually the ones that resort to dirty tactics."

This is a match happening tonight. There are potentially interesting things about it! Find a way to highlight those for an audience before the fact.

It's a sales/promotion issue.

I think Swerve/AR having little to no build was part of the problem but I also think it's fair to point out that the segments with women in them, be they matches or interviews, were either the lowest segment or had huge drops in viewership. I think we can also focus on some positive and look at Darby v. Joe bringing 56k viewers back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, just drew said:

PVZ’s taking the high hard one on the interwebs, eh? That’s good to know. For um… scientific purposes. Yeah. For science. 

Been good talking to you boys. I’ll be back tomorrow. Gotta go do some unrelated research…

Just remember her partner in crime appeared on Dynamite as "Florida the person"

• Haha 3