DVDVR Message Board

AEW/ROH Finances, Ratings, etc.

Log

6 hours ago, porksweats said:

Jeff Jarrett in the Main Event means ratings, it's proven now.

It's time to reform Planet Jarrett, strap the AEW World Title on him, and let him reign like it's 2004-05 all over again. 😂😂😂😂

Joking, but after the Acclaimed Tag Title match, I wouldn't mind seeing him interact with Orange Cassidy before falling back to the behind the scenes role. 

Edited by evidence
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, evidence said:

It's time to reform Planet Jarrett, strap the AEW World Title on him, and let him reign like it's 2004-05 all over again. 😂😂😂😂

Joking, but after the Acclaimed Tag Title match, I wouldn't mind seeing him interact with Orange Cassidy before falling back to the behind the scenes role. 

Definitely would like to see that, especially if it means the return of MCMG to the group to take on a combination  of Chuck/Trent/Romero.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Casey said:

Motor City Machine Guns weren’t members of Planet Jarrett, though. They didn’t even start tagging together until like a year or two after that stable had disbanded. 😝

True but they were heaters for Lethal and Sonjay against FTR! Jarrett and PCS Alumns are good with me. But back to ratings talk, it's great to see a rise for both Dynamite and Rampage this week

i made some charts of AEW Dynamite and Rampage ratings (what can i say, i'm bored at work!). the pics aren't embedding, so i'm going to have to link them. numbers were taken from this site: https://www.itnwwe.com/wrestling/aew-ratings-viewership/

Dynamite:

Rampage:

what i'm taking from this is that overall, 2022 ratings are up. 2021 was much more chaotic, while 2022 has very much leveled a lot of those highs/lows. for better or for worse. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Sad News for Dynamite 

Last week 957000 (0.30)

This week 87600 (0.28)

However the show did beat this week's Raw clip show in the demos like I thought it would. 

Edited by Red King

38 minutes ago, Red King said:

Sad News for Dynamite 

Last week 957000 (0.30)

This week 87600 (0.28)

However the show did beat this week's Raw clip show in the demos like I thought it would. 

The number I saw was an average.

Edited by porksweats
i'm wrong and cannot read

Warner Bros. Discovery Officials Reportedly Set To Be At January 11th AEW Dynamite

AEW Dynamite will take place in Los Angeles on January 11th, and several Warner Bros. Discovery officials are expected to be at the show. The WON reports that “key” executives from the media company live in Los Angeles, and that it is expected many of them will be in attendance for the taping.

The show is being promoted heavily and has several matches already announced, including:

* Best of Seven Series Match Seven: Death Triangle vs. The Elite
* Saraya and TBA vs. Jamie Hayter & Britt Baker

TNA ran Manhattan Center in June 2014 to try and impress Spike TV executives at renewal time, and Impact was cancelled a month later

I'm kind of temped to go back and find "impressing the suits" episodes of wrestling where bigshots were in attendance

Edited by Dolphman 3000
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Warner Bros. Discovery Officials Reportedly Set To Be At January 11th AEW Dynamite

TNA ran Hammerstein in June 2014 to try and impress Spike TV executives at renewal time, and Impact was cancelled a month later

I'm kind of temped to go back and find "impressing the suits" episodes of wrestling where bigshots were in attendance

Ah more data stretching, fun lol.

WBD were in the house at the last LA Dynamite as well. Ya know since LA is where WBD is headquartered. It was the MJF shooty promo episode. Does that also count as an "impressing the suits" edition? Or could it be that if a show they pay to produce is in their city, they will go and check it out? Could that be it? Could it be that simple? Is it possible your hate boner is sensationalizing a full on nothing into a something?

The world may never know.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Ah more data stretching, fun lol.

WBD were in the house at the last LA Dynamite as well. Ya know since LA is where WBD is headquartered. It was the MJF shooty promo episode. Does that also count as an "impressing the suits" edition? Or could it be that if a show they pay to produce is in their city, they will go and check it out? Could that be it? Could it be that simple? Is it possible your hate boner is sensationalizing a full on nothing into a something?

The world may never know.

AEW has less than 7,000 tickets out for the 1/11 show - the last Dynamite in Los Angeles on 6/1 was sold out months ahead of time and ended up with over 15,000 in the building

Don't you think that Warner Bros. Discovery executives will notice that half the crowd disappeared in 7 months?

2 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Don't you think that Warner Bros. Discovery executives will notice that half the crowd disappeared in 7 months?

Oh no. You made a fast break on the topic because your original one was shot down. That's not a good sign for where this is going. But I will bite.

I'm not sure. I wouldn't expect TV executives to be "in the bubble" like us. The pay for a sport / entertainment program. I'm not sure to what extent they care about the size of the live audience (as long as it looks good on TV). Like an NFL game the network could give a shit how many people buy tickets. They just care about the TV ratings. Wrestling isn't a 1:1 for The NFL. But as long as the way it's shot makes it look good on TV (and AEW is very good at making the crowd look full & is framed well even on down houses), my guess is that it doesn't matter that much to them.

They'll want TV ratings. They'll want a loud excited rowdy crowd that looks great on TV. They'll want entertaining content. But in my opinion the amount of tickets sold isn't a very big concern to the network paying for the TV. As long as the shows come across well they probably couldn't care less if it's 8,000 or 14,000 or 3,000 or 0 with 3,000 people let in for free.

9 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Oh no. You made a fast break on the topic because your original one was shot down. That's not a good sign for where this is going. But I will bite.

I'm not sure. I wouldn't expect TV executives to be "in the bubble" like us. The pay for a sport / entertainment program. I'm not sure to what extent they care about the size of the live audience (as long as it looks good on TV). Like an NFL game the network could give a shit how many people buy tickets. They just care about the TV ratings. Wrestling isn't a 1:1 for The NFL. But as long as the way it's shot makes it look good on TV (and AEW is very good at making the crowd look full & is framed well even on down houses), my guess is that it doesn't matter that much to them.

They'll want TV ratings. They'll want a loud excited rowdy crowd that looks great on TV. They'll want entertaining content. But in my opinion the amount of tickets sold isn't a very big concern to the network paying for the TV. As long as the shows come across well they probably couldn't care less if it's 8,000 or 14,000 or 3,000 or 0 with 3,000 people let in for free.

They'll be thrilled to see the new set.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

WBD were in the house at the last LA Dynamite as well. Ya know since LA is where WBD is headquartered. It was the MJF shooty promo episode. Does that also count as an "impressing the suits" edition?

Tony Khan Has Invited Warner Brothers Discovery Executives to Los Angeles Dynamite

“We’re at The Forum (in Los Angeles) next week [June 1] and I’m really honored and it’s a great privilege for us because a lot of the top executives from Warner Brothers/Discovery are going to be at The Forum. We have a sold out show, a ton of fans coming. We’ve opened up more seats. It’s one of our biggest crowds in one of the biggest sports markets in the world and some of the greatest wrestling fans. It means a lot personally for me to be in The Forum to begin with, but I can’t tell you what it means that a lot of top executives from Warner Brothers Discovery are not only coming to the show, but they’re throwing a great event for us afterward in The Forum. Just to have their presence to begin with, it means so much they would come to the show, but also a lot of the top executives in the Warner Brothers Discovery family are going to have an event with us with a lot of people in AEW. We’re going to hang out and that means the world to us, getting to know each other better. They’ve been so supportive and great coming in. It means so much to us to be working with the largest producer of content now after this great merger and running such an efficient ship. To be a part of it, putting up numbers, working hard, showing up every week.”

...yes?

• Like 1