DVDVR Message Board

AEW/ROH Finances, Ratings, etc.

Log

In a follow up to a post I made a couple weeks ago, the guy who heads up the AEW line for Jazwares toys tweeted they're going to be announcing/revealing a ton of new action figures and even new lines after the first of the year. If I had to guess, I'd be willing to bet that Cody was one of the main advocates for the toy line, and with him gone it's been a bit aimless. The line has been plagued with tons of repeats (Bucks, Omega, Cody, Baker, Jericho) and I'd love to see them focus on getting first time in the line figures out, and new lines out quicker. There's some real doozies announced already in upcoming lines (Butcher, Blade & Bunny, Yuta, Private Party, Acclaimed, Alex Reynolds, Brody King). There's a lot of buzz around a potential ROH line too. Sounds like they've figured some things out and should be coming back strong.

Edited by just drew
Too many toos.
  • Like 5

They do repeats of the bigger names because those sell and convince retailers to carry the new entries in the series. It’s why Cena and Reigns and the like get tons of figures but hardly anything changes for the sculpts and whatnot. There’s obviously going to be SOME waves that don’t have the big names, but it’s why someone like Mox or Jericho get a lot of figures.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 2:42 AM, just drew said:

In a follow up to a post I made a couple weeks ago, the guy who heads up the AEW line for Jazwares toys tweeted they're going to be announcing/revealing a ton of new action figures and even new lines after the first of the year. If I had to guess, I'd be willing to bet that Cody was one of the main advocates for the toy line, and with him gone it's been a bit aimless. The line has been plagued with tons of repeats (Bucks, Omega, Cody, Baker, Jericho) and I'd love to see them focus on getting first time in the line figures out, and new lines out quicker. There's some real doozies announced already in upcoming lines (Butcher, Blade & Bunny, Yuta, Private Party, Acclaimed, Alex Reynolds, Brody King). There's a lot of buzz around a potential ROH line too. Sounds like they've figured some things out and should be coming back strong.

@NikoBaltimore.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

only Cable programs to beat AEW in the Demo last night

Michigan/UNC College Basketball (1.317m/0.37 demo)

The New Orleans Bowl (1.196m/0.31 demo)

A million people watched Western Kentucky vs South Alabama

I'm always amazed how much appetite their is for C-level college football

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Yeah, viewership ticked up during the match and the show followed its common viewership trends. They must be devastated. 

It gained almost 70k in viewers, compare that to over 100k tuning out once The Elite came on

• Like 1

Feels like we could use the 10:01-10:15 Young Sheldon numbers as a point of comparison for the ratings from a one minute overrun.

same could apply to the ratings from Big Bang Theory to get a sense of how many people tune out because they’re BBT viewers and how many tune out purely due to the first segment.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

A lot of new figures are significantly marked down right now at Ringside if anyone is looking for some, including AEW ones.

There was a lot of panic in certain corners of the inter webs about that, until people discovered that wwe figs were marked down as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, just drew said:

Also, I the new unrivaled set finally dropped in my area. Got Kingston, Starks, Hobbs, Cage, & Rosa. What a set.

Christian or Brian? I think the former is more likely to be referred to by his first name, so presumably the latter? 

Edited by John from Cincinnati

That means more people watched Shida/Hayter than...

Samoa Joe vs Brian Cage 

Bryan Danielson vs Sammy Guevara 2/3 Falls

Toni Storm vs Anna Jay AS

Chris Jericho vs Tomohiro Ishii

The Elite vs Death Triangle Match 3

The Acclaimed vs FTR

MJF vs Ricky Starks

and they tuned in droves for it and the women's title main eventing over two different ROH title matches, a AEW Tag Team title match and a World title match

Edited by porksweats
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Christian or Brian? I think the former is more likely to be referred to by his first name, so presumably the latter? 

They’re both in that set, funnily enough. Got Brian. Passed on this Christian. There’s one announced for a later line I’ll probably grab…

• Like 1

So, after MONTHS of stock stagnation in our area, in the last calendar week I've copped Red Velvet, Bryan Danielson, and the ones I've listed so far. We stared at those Best Friends and Dark Order sets for nine months or some shit and now all of a sudden we've got fresh stock everywhere. It's a Festivus miracle.

• Like 2