DVDVR Message Board

AEW/ROH Finances, Ratings, etc.

Log

2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

AEW has booked its World Champ not to defend the title on TV all the time anyway. WWE has done the same with Reigns as well for this run and he's appeared on TV every week so it's really nothing different except MJF is saying it to get heat. Unless MJF goes out and says he's only going to defend on PPVs then that would work since they don't do monthly PPVs. 

Danielson or Mox don't wrestle every week either. TK often does have some of his full-time uppercard talent wrestle every week either

Danielson has wrestled on Dynamite 24 times this year, 4 times on Rampage. He was hurt for a month.

Moxley has wrestled on Dynamite 26 time this year, Rampage 10 times, and even did a Dark taping. And the results I’m looking at only go through Full Gear. Can’t recall when he came back from rehab but there is a 3.5 month gap from late October 21 to him wrestling on Rampage on January 21st.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Will Rampage even make it past 2024? It is wayyyy too late to fix the problem now. Someone could argue the ratings for AEW shows are starting to match the attendances.....

10 minutes ago, Dural said:

Will Rampage even make it past 2024? It is wayyyy too late to fix the problem now. Someone could argue the ratings for AEW shows are starting to match the attendances.....

It was just announced that Dark tapings are moving back to Orlando on 12/17, so I'm guessing the standalone Rampage tapings have been written off as a failure at this point.

1 hour ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

It was just announced that Dark tapings are moving back to Orlando on 12/17, so I'm guessing the standalone Rampage tapings have been written off as a failure at this point.

They've been doing Dark tapings on and off for over a year in Orlando. They aren't "moving back", what are you talking about? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

They've always had a batch of Dark tapings for Orlando. Elevation is the one taped before a live audience on tour.

11 minutes ago, BohsJohnny said:

They've been doing Dark tapings on and off for over a year in Orlando. They aren't "moving back", what are you talking about? 

7 minutes ago, BohsJohnny said:

They stopped Dark tapings at Universal Studios in August because the hope was they could use the standalone Rampage tapings to film Dark instead. Then Punk left and attendance plummeted. Now the only standalone Rampage tapings listed in the next few months are a new-market Battle of the Belts show in Portland and a new-market show in San Francisco.

55 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Gonna need a Jarrett/Jade faction called RATINGS DEATH

Fw6zFGt.png

That's a really sharp drop for the women's promos and matches, damn. So much for Jade the mainstream star.

• Sad 1

Warner Bros Discovery Fires Network Executive That Tony Khan Was High On

According to a report by Variety, Warner Bros. Discovery has fired several leaders including Jane Latman, Nancy Daniels, Matt Butler, and Scott Lewers. AEW President Tony Khan had given tons of props to Daniels during the AEW Double or Nothing 2022 post-show media scrum.

“I feel really good about Warner Brothers Discovery, to have such strong management. Nancy Daniels, such a strong leader, she was really cool. I flew out to LA and back to meet Nancy Daniels, along with her team. It was some familiar faces and also new faces. It was really exciting. It was my first time at Discovery. What a great thing we have.”

Edited by Dolphman 3000
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Didn't this happen before already when it was during the ATT merger?

This is a different Exec within Warner-Discovery.

From the article 

Warner Bros. Discovery has cut another round of prominent leaders, ousting HGTV and Food Network chief Jane Latman and “D-Nets”/”T-Nets” exec Nancy Daniels, both of whom are beloved, longtime legacy Discovery execs.

Latman, who serves as president of home and food content at HGTV and Food Network, is being eliminated and her content programming responsibilities will move under execs Betsy Sanner Ayala (for Food Network) and Loren Ruch (for HGTV).

Daniels, who oversaw content across “D-Nets” Discovery, Animal Planet and Science Channel on the legacy Discovery side and recently took over content for Warner Bros. “T-Nets,” TNT, TBS and truTV, is stepping down and handing the reins over to TLC and Travel Channel exec Howard Lee for the D-Nets, while Jason Sarlanis of ID and HLN crime content will oversee the T-Net side.

She took over briefly after the last oust.

TNT & TBS Head Exits Warner Bros. Discovery Amid Restructuring

Jason Sarlanis, who oversees true-crime programming for ID and now HLN, is taking over content oversight for the Turner networks.

Jason Sarlanis

Jason Sarlanis is President of Crime and Investigative Content, Linear and Streaming at Discovery, Inc where he oversees programming development, production, content strategy and operations as well as research, publicity and marketing for series and documentaries airing across the ID linear network and true crime content streaming on discovery+. ID is currently the #2 network (2021 to date) for Women 25-54 and Women 18-49 in total day and has delivered breakout hits for the discovery+ platform including Queen of Meth, Relentless and American Detective. He reports to Kathleen Finch, chief lifestyle brands officer at Discovery, Inc.

Sarlanis joined Discovery in 2016 as Senior Vice President, Development at TLC. He led development on all original programming for the TLC linear network as well as love and relationship, family and lifestyle content for discovery+. In his tenure, Sarlanis was responsible for procuring breakout hits which led TLC to become the #1 primetime cable network for women in 2020.

His specialty is women's programming and supporting that demographic - I can't see him loving AEW

Edited by Dolphman 3000

3 hours ago, porksweats said:

This is a different Exec within Warner-Discovery.

From the article 

She took over briefly after the last oust.

Execs come and go a lot, so it's hard to foresee how this has any affect. I recall there was a lot of gloom and doom after the last round of exec changes.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Execs come and go a lot, so it's hard to foresee how this has any affect. I recall there was a lot of groom after the last round of exec changes.

Yeah, the only thing notable is that Tony Khan said nice things about her after meeting but like, that's not even that big a deal.

• Like 1