DVDVR Message Board

AEW/ROH Finances, Ratings, etc.

Log

I want to make something clear. I understand that there are some people here who genuinely enjoy discussing the financial aspects of AEW and all that. I sincerely don't think that's a bad thing. If you are interested in that, I think that's cool.

It's just that the threads for shows, etc. are mainly there to discuss what happened/will happen on those shows. A lot of times, the financial talk derails that and leads to conflict.

I don't want me creating this thread to be seen as a "screw you, go over here!" thing. It just seems like there is a lot of this talk, and it should have it's own place.

• Like 2

I don't think Dynamite quite beats Raw in the "key demo," but they definitely have a better demo:overall ratio. Even though Dynamite barely beat NXT overall in the recent head-to-head, Dynamite still doubled NXT's demo rating. (NXT skews especially old, for some reason.)

1 hour ago, Dog said:

I don't think Dynamite quite beats Raw in the "key demo," but they definitely have a better demo:overall ratio. Even though Dynamite barely beat NXT overall in the recent head-to-head, Dynamite still doubled NXT's demo rating. (NXT skews especially old, for some reason.)

Didn't Dynamite beat Raw in the key demo once or twice last year?

45 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Didn't Dynamite beat Raw in the key demo once or twice last year?

According to Wrestlenomics, only live. If you add in the 7-day (DVR) numbers, it's still never happened. 

Edited by Dog

When I went to see if the Austin AEW tickets had gone down in price yet (they have not), I saw that most of the floor and lower mezzanine seats had been sold, but some significant portions of the upper deck (the $32 seats) were unsold and it looks like at least three areas of the upper deck on the off-camera side of the ring aren't even being opened up.

On 11/23/2022 at 11:12 AM, Log said:

Could I get a mod to add "ratings" to the title of this thread? I knew there was something I was forgetting.

If you created the thread go back to your initial post and edit it.  It should allow you to change the title that way.

EDIT:  There ya go, much better!

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Log changed the title to AEW/ROH Finances, Ratings, etc.

Threw a million superkicks, never drew a dime

How long until The Elite start putting their segments after proven draws like Orange Cassidy to piggyback off their ratings - Hogan used to do that in TNA with The Beautiful People since they always had the highest-rated segments on Impact

Edited by Dolphman 3000
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

How long until The Elite start putting their segments after proven draws like Big Bang Theory to piggyback off their ratings

Fixed your post. 153k people bailing in the first 15 minutes probably happens in one form of another every week but hopefully contract negotiations never include the question "what can we get from your show that we can't get from airing 4 more episodes of Big Bang Theory in your time slot?"

For the amount of blame that can be thrown at MJF/Regal, man... that 2nd hour in-between MJF and the main event was barren.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

i'm excited for the MJF vs Elite turf war to determine which side gets blamed for the ratings

What's interesting is MJF without the title does better in the ratings when he appears. Which means the demographic would rather watch him when he's hunting for the title, not when he caught it.

Hopefully, when he appears in the future it leads to shorter segments and he actually getting to the fucking point in his promos.

Who am I kidding? Tony Khan and MJF will learn nothing. Still, it's sorta sad that it proves my thought process about MJF.