DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 12

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Atlanta has decided the game is ending with this drive no matter what

The Browns game has been over like 10 times, just without the drama of that recent Bills game that was over as many times. Now here they are with the ball back again with 2:00 left after a 7 YD Chubbs run. Before that was a bad punt and a sack for a loss. 

1 hour ago, BloodyChamp said:

And sometimes you just have to freaking watch the game. Stats shmats. Watch Jefferson for a few minutes and there’s a chance you’ll see him make some kind of impossible catch in man coverage when Kirk Cousins is under pressure and just flings it, or an easy catch in triple coverage because he somehow still got open. 

I’m not disagreeing with you. I said in my post that Jefferson should be MVP, but it’s usually a QB award. I’ve seen him on tv three times this year, and other than the Eagles MNF game I’ve been blown away by him every time. 

34 minutes ago, Travis Sheldon said:

It looks like Justin Tucker's range is about 66 yards 

Wild finish in Jax-Bal.

That drive by Jax was nuts, and then they use the review to go for the win and it pays off. But I was really hoping Tucker would win with the record.

That’s the Chiefs for you right there and the reason why they’re not ever going to be a SB favorite to me no matter how good they really are. They’ll win this game but they’re just not all in IMO. Then they tried to get cute when it was time to ice the game and then the next play they turned it over. 

The end of Raiders/Seahawks is sponsored by people not understanding that CBS had one game today and that the only parts of the country getting Chargers/Cardinals or Raiders/Seahawks was most of Pacific time (except San Francisco), some of Mountain time, and places that played Noon games on FOX (Chicago, Denver, Atlanta, Charlotte, Tampa Bay, Cleveland, New York, but not Washington DC).

So blame the NFL and Redzone for the "turn to CBS, we can't show this" thing for a game that wasn't on TV in most of the country. CBS isn't switching off of 60 minutes to show the end of Raiders/Seahawks to a nationwide audience, you gambling dorks.

Can a network not turn off the down lines during a live play? Doubt anyone was asking the specific yard marker where Josh Jacobs could casually try a dropkick. (And, to be honest, the FG marker line works a lot better in college than the NFL, where kickers are pretty much expected to reach 57-60 as their max kick).

Watched the end of the game at a sports bar that was showing the feed from the Las Vegas CBS affiliate. On the bottom of the screen, there was a message that we could watch "Raiders legend Jay Schroeder" talk about what happened on a local post-game show. Half the bar started laughing, and the other half asked who Jay Schroeder was.

I could see the Eagles turning this back into a route in like 4 minutes. I don’t know wtf happened on those sneaks. So dumb to try a play that you give away to the defense twice in a row. 

I could also see them being so shellshocked that they blow it and the Packers make it a route. I hope it’s 1 or the other because I can’t take Cris Collinsworth overselling every single play. 

Ready for some Jordan Love! I wonder how GB will handle the rest of the season once they are knocked out of the playoffs, with Rodgers having a broken thumb and now oblique issue too. Love has looked bad in the past but they really should want to see what they have.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Ready for some Jordan Love! I wonder how GB will handle the rest of the season once they are knocked out of the playoffs, with Rodgers having a broken thumb and now oblique issue too. Love has looked bad in the past but they really should want to see what they have.

There's a pretty good argument for shutting Rodgers down, if not now, then soon. Get him healthy if he is coming back next year, and either way get an extended look at Love, plus maybe maximize your draft position if Love sucks.

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

There's a pretty good argument for shutting Rodgers down, if not now, then soon. Get him healthy if he is coming back next year, and either way get an extended look at Love, plus maybe maximize your draft position if Love sucks.

The argument is sound, except if it makes Rodgers pouty if he thinks he can still play and is being benched just because they want to see what his backup is like.