DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 12

Dolfan in NYC

It didn’t help Joe and Troy that they were forcefed the same primetime games every year. Cowboys Cowboys Cowboys. Then every now and the a Packers vs Bears game all those years they were competitive, just never during the same season. Then towards the end when they atleast got some trainwreck fun games (Packers vs good NFCW team) they didn’t know what to do with them lol! 

Kenny Albert’s deadpan comedy interjections have been pretty ace lately. Camera gets a shot of Ken Dorsey...”Ken Dorsey knows the camera is on him at all times” the  just keeps talking calling the action lol! 

Edited by BloodyChamp
  • Like 1

What a surprise - the refs missed a blatantly obvious facemask at the point of attack on Josh Allen's run right before Buffalo kicked the game winner:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/z3ula8/highlight_missed_facemask_keeps_buffalo_in_fg/

No big deal - just a grab, twist, and holding on for five full yards. A correct call puts the ball on the Buffalo 49 instead of the Detroit 27 where it ended up. 

Edited by Tabe

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

What a surprise - the refs missed a blatantly obvious facemask at the point of attack on Josh Allen's run right before Buffalo kicked the game winner:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/z3ula8/highlight_missed_facemask_keeps_buffalo_in_fg/

No big deal - just a grab, twist, and holding on for five full yards. A correct call puts the ball on the Buffalo 49 instead of the Detroit 27 where it ended up. 

You needed Reddit to learn that? Watch the games more carefully, it was clear in real time they missed it, just like they miss many things in every game ever.

They missed a lot of calls in Vikings/Pats too: https://sports.yahoo.com/5-shocking-yet-blatantly-missed-233057773.html

They refs are bad, what can ya do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

You needed Reddit to learn that? Watch the games more carefully, it was clear in real time they missed it, just like they miss many things in every game ever.

They missed a lot of calls in Vikings/Pats too: https://sports.yahoo.com/5-shocking-yet-blatantly-missed-233057773.html

They refs are bad, what can ya do.

No, didn't need reddit to tell me there was a missed call. 

Yes, the refs miss calls all the time. Doesn't make it sting any less when it's literally game-changing and one of a seemingly endless list of game-changing bad calls that has gone against the Lions over the years. 

8 hours ago, Tabe said:

No, didn't need reddit to tell me there was a missed call. 

Yes, the refs miss calls all the time. Doesn't make it sting any less when it's literally game-changing and one of a seemingly endless list of game-changing bad calls that has gone against the Lions over the years. 

Can we really say it’s game-changing? The end result without that is OT which at best is a tossup for Detroit. It’s not like the refs screwed them.

1 hour ago, LF2 said:

Can we really say it’s game-changing? The end result without that is OT which at best is a tossup for Detroit. It’s not like the refs screwed them.

It took away a chance at a win so, yeah, definitely game-changing. How can you can say it's not? The refs definitely screwed them on that pay. They gave Buffalo 24 yards of field position on the play before a 45yd FG. Maybe the outcome ends up the same but we'll never know because... the game got changed. 

11 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Jefferson should be the MVP, and I hate talking about MVPs. I almost never go there. 

I don’t get (sorry @Dolfan in NYC ) the Miami fans that insist Tyreek is MVP especially looking at Jefferson’s numbers. Jefferson is within one hundred yards of Tyreek with nine fewer catches. They both have (only) 4 TDs, and Jefferson surprisingly has more run after catch yards than Tyreek does. I’ll admit I was a bit surprised by the last one considering Tyreek seems to be the fastest receiver in the league.

But considering it’s a QB award I think Jefferson is going to have to settle for Offensive Player of the Year, while Mahomes or Tua wins MVP. Personally I hope the Dolphins finish well, and Tua wins it. 

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Bears ended up starting Siemian after all because sure why the fuck not

Trevor Siemian AND Nathan Peterman?  The Bears are my favorite team.  If only they could get Mike Pagel to come in and be special quarterback coach...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, LF2 said:

I don’t get (sorry @Dolfan in NYC ) the Miami fans that insist Tyreek is MVP especially looking at Jefferson’s numbers. Jefferson is within one hundred yards of Tyreek with nine fewer catches. They both have (only) 4 TDs, and Jefferson surprisingly has more run after catch yards than Tyreek does. I’ll admit I was a bit surprised by the last one considering Tyreek seems to be the fastest receiver in the league.

But considering it’s a QB award I think Jefferson is going to have to settle for Offensive Player of the Year, while Mahomes or Tua wins MVP. Personally I hope the Dolphins finish well, and Tua wins it. 

And sometimes you just have to freaking watch the game. Stats shmats. Watch Jefferson for a few minutes and there’s a chance you’ll see him make some kind of impossible catch in man coverage when Kirk Cousins is under pressure and just flings it, or an easy catch in triple coverage because he somehow still got open. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Texans are so bad

So are the Browns. They’re trying the short slant or the sideline duck on every 3rd down. My guy catches it or nobody catches is calls. Might as well just run it with Chubb 3 times. Atleast there would be a chance. 

Also what a shame about Nate Peterman after all the work that the woke mob put in this week resharing ring that Jerry Jones pic and pretending that they’d never seen it before. 

I don't know that I can get on board with a "Jefferson for MVP" train, but he's challenging Mahomes for the the "Barry Sanders Most Exciting Player in the NFL" award, and that one's way cooler anyway 

• Like 1

I think Mahomes and Tua are the most realistic choices also. There is still plenty of time left for the Chiefs to come out looking like they don’t care about playing football like they do though, and for Tua to get hurt again or lose a game which has to happen sometime just like it has to the other teams. I of course don’t want him to get hurt but I do want to see the voters in a position where they can’t vote for a quarterback. But shoot...say Mahomes and Tua blow it they’ll probably just give it to Allen whose ugly winning seems to be slowly growing on people.