DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 12

Dolfan in NYC

I didn’t get to see the end so assuming the Lions didn’t play Prevent, they played a good game and lost to a good team. Meanwhile the good team will probably continue to lose some of their support because they almost lost this game but the truth is the Bills are still 1 of the best teams and somebody might beat them, but that somebody won’t be a good team that’s on the ups. It will have to be the Chiefs, Eagles etc. We haven’t seen the last of the Bills. Or the Lions. They’re almost there.

As for Rodgers, I’d go as far as to say that he’s experiencing the least sympathetic losing season by a veteran quarterback ever. Think about 2005. Every week it was people just plain crying over Favre. Not 1 tear has been shed over Fraudgers. I’m not complaining. I like it lol I’m just pointing it out. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I love when teams take chances but this seemed crazy. 4th and 2 on your own 40 in the 1st quarter? I doubt even the analytics supported this one.

It’s cute how the Cowboys are doing so much flexing. They’re going to get embarrassed Rodgers style in the playoffs IMO. Of course that might actually be an upgrade over how they got embarrassed last year in the playoffs. 

14 minutes ago, hammerva said:

watching a FOX game with what feels like the C level announcers just feels weird 

This comes across like you are the only person who a) liked Buck and Aikman and b) doesn't think Greg Olsen is good at this

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, hammerva said:

watching a FOX game with what feels like the C level announcers just feels weird 

looking at the FOX announcers working this weekend and it's a bunch of tag teams of dudes right now

Kenny Albert/Jonathan Vilma in Cleveland, Joe Davis/Daryl Johnston in NY, Adam Amin/Mark Schlereth in Washington, Chris Myers/Robert Smith in Carolina, Kevin Kugler/Mark Sanchez in San Francisco, and the Giants/Cowboys crew is working Rams/Chiefs.

Looking at CBS crews, I guess Kevin Harlan would be the best PBP man on Fox if he switched networks? depending on what you think about Joe Davis on football..

For all the criticisms one could have for Buck/Aikman.. Fox is looking for their next Buck/Aikman

25 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

The Giants TD elicits a namedrop of the Brooklyn Dodgers football team

if you think about it, the Dodgers is a better nickname for a football team than a baseball team

the short-lived AAFC certainly thought so, anyway.

I do like Olsen and admit that Buck and Aikman was grating at times.  I guess it is like others mentioned where it doesn't feel like an A team 

Giants got lucky on that penalty as an INT at that time could have been terrible 

Edited by hammerva

I think the unofficial target for Thanksgiving dinner around here is "in-between the Lions and Cowboys", but this year dinner was closer to the first quarter of Cowboys/Giants. So the schedule might not have worked out (IOW, eating just before 4pm instead of closer to 3:30, oh the agony)

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

And now they are.

Friend of mine who doesn't quite understand the pain of being A Lions fan sent me a text when they went ahead asking, "Are you nervous?" I replied, "No, because I expect them to lose." Half an hour later... 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Friend of mine who doesn't quite understand the pain of being A Lions fan sent me a text when they went ahead asking, "Are you nervous?" I replied, "No, because I expect them to lose." Half an hour later... 

I joked with my brother that during the last five minutes of that game, fans of neither team were having a good time. The Lions are the Lions, and the Bills haven't been playing well the last few weeks so probably not a lot of overly optimistic thinking on either side.

• Like 1