DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 12

Dolfan in NYC

Saudi Arabia just beat Argentina in soccer!

Your turkey costs like 4 times what it did last year! 

The Dolphins are double digit favorites!

Black is white! Up is down! 

Dogs and cats, living together! MASS HYSTERIA!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Lions always play the toughest team on Thanksgiving it seems like. They’re playing solid up and coming team ball but they’re going to get stopped flat footed Thursday IMO. They played the Titans that year they went 11-0, as the Lions were 0-11 ams eventually 0-16. They play the Packers whenever they’re good.

In hindsight, the Lions coach is doing a good job. They lost to the Eagles 35-38 and week 1 then responded with a win in week 2. Ran into a little trouble in the middle but got it together when it looked like they were finished. That’s basically the blueprint for a future good team. Just ask the Eagles. They had a 1 game difference record at that point last season. 

• Like 1

He was toast after not only the media interview but from reports that he had that same attitude in the locker room which rubbed a lot of other players the wrong way. As a QB he has to always take accountability, that's just the way of things, particularly when he legitimately had a shitty game anyway. Curious to see if this is just a one-week ego lesson or if he's done starting for the year unless White looks like a dumpster fire.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Correction - Mike White will start

I repeat, there is probably more than one editor at the NY Post that  will need to be seriously talked out of running a WHITE POWER headline if he wins a start.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

He was toast after not only the media interview but from reports that he had that same attitude in the locker room which rubbed a lot of other players the wrong way. As a QB he has to always take accountability, that's just the way of things, particularly when he legitimately had a shitty game anyway. Curious to see if this is just a one-week ego lesson or if he's done starting for the year unless White looks like a dumpster fire.

Such an easy thing to handle even if you feel you didn't play poorly. "Obviously, anytime the offense scores just 3 points, there's a feeling we've let people down. We'll hit the practice field and be better next week." Not difficult at all and you don't throw yourself out anyone else under the bus. Good grief. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nofuture said:

Funny since this is what Josh Allen said after their loss to the Jets a few weeks ago.

And since he got laughed at. Alot of armchairs are turning on him. I know that happens when you’re a preseason favorite as soon as you lose a game but dang. 

Edited by BloodyChamp

5 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I mean if this is his version of softening the blow, its not a great sign.

That sounds to me like "barring a million injuries, he's never taking another snap for us". 

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Aaron Rodgers says he has been playing with a broken right thumb

Cool, yet another excuse for announcers to use to excuse Rodgers making bad decisions and terrible throws. I'm sure the thumb is also somehow the fault of rookie wide receivers. 

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Cool, yet another excuse for announcers to use to excuse Rodgers making bad decisions and terrible throws. I'm sure the thumb is also somehow the fault of rookie wide receivers. 

I love how he didn’t even think of it during the five game losing streak. He waited until they ended it (briefly), and now it’s an issue. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, LF2 said:

I love how he didn’t even think of it during the five game losing streak. He waited until they ended it (briefly), and now it’s an issue. 

He had to balance his well-known reluctance to reveal private information with his insatiable need to never be at fault for anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Tabe said:

He had to balance his well-known reluctance to reveal private information with his insatiable need to never be at fault for anything. 

That’s one thing I’ll give Lamar Jackson credit for. At least when he took out Ronnie Stanley by accident last week he owned that. It’s safe to say if Rodgers ever injures any of his O-Line it’s going to get blamed on the receivers, or the o-line themselves. He comes across as such a man child. 

• Like 1