DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 11/21 - 11/27/2022

The Natural

One thing I noticed during this week's WWE is that in the hype for next year's WM, they're hyping Raw up again as part of the package with WM and HOFand called it  something like "The most anticipated Raw of the year" which is something WWE had inexplicably moved away from in recent years. I know there was some annoyance with the smarkiest audience trying to take over the show, but it was such a huge noisy crowd that made debuts so much more important (I still remember the absolutely molten reaction to Enzo and Cass' debut) and everything seemed like such a major event that it was so weird that the buried it and stopped trying to make it matter.

I think that was the weirdest thing about the most recent years of Vince-led WWE was that he made every show seem the same, there were no big surprises or major heel turns, everything just kind of coasted along. i think Triple H is at least trying to shake things up a bit with some surprise returns (Braaaaaaun, Lesnar) and surprise debuts (Gargano, his wife etc.).

did they move away from that in 2018/2019 (pre-Covid)? or is some of the moving away due to the realities of holding shows in recent years? anyways, I'm sure there was quite a bit of international travel in 2022, but barring something in the next few months to mess it all up, we're pretty committed to letting all the British smarks back into the country for Wrestlemania

It's BECKY LYNCH!  BIG TIME BECKS!  Santos Escobar takes on Butch in the World Cup of Wrestling!  Butch mangles Escobar's hand, as one would expect.  Butch bumps BIG to the floor!  I loved the Toprope Finger Break!  Butch hits many highflying moves.  Team Escobar CHEATS and Escobar hits a KAORU EXCALIBUR for the WIN!  Hit Row takes on the Viking Raiders!  They are accompanied by Valhalla The Impaler!   I'm loving the Viking Raiders.  They will deeply lay it in.  Adonis is taking an ass beating like a champ. It's Ricochet about to get mauled by Brawn Strowman.  Strowman sells a bit before killing Ricochet with a POUNCE over the Pounce Table on the outside.  Keith Lee-sized Beel!  Imperium distracts Strowman and Ricochet rolls him up for the win?  I see they are still setting up GUNTHER and Strowman since the entire world has now completely lost interest in the World Cup of Wrestling.  Shayna Baszler and Ronda Rousy beat the crud out of Shotzi.  Raquel Rodriguez runs down with one arm!  She punches Rousy DEAD IN THE FACE!  Then they re-mangle Rodriguez's mangled arm and she taps out.  How will Drew McIntyre and Sheamus lose this match?  The Usos do some wrestling as we all know the outcome.  The Usos beat the life out of McIntyre with two truly awesome Topes.  Sheamus makes a HOT TAG!  Jey Uso is Ciclon Ramirez in this match, what with the BEAUTIFUL Topes.  I love this match since I know what the finish is, but I don't know HOW the finish is.  McIntyre hits a Tope Con Hilo as this match is an Ode To WCW Lucha High Spot Trains.  WHAT THE FUCK?   The faces have the advantage?  So all of the Brawling Brutes, Drew McIntyre and Kevin Owens have to turn heel by 8 o'clock tomorrow!  That was great.   

• Like 2

Becky's return was expected and fine. Her later promo announcing herself as the Man again was decent too.

Escobar/Butch was solid.

Hit Row vs. Viking Raiders was a decent slaughter for VK. I liked the explanation of Logan's name change.

Happy to see the Mysterio Thanksgiving aired on tv. Dom is a tremendous bastard.

After tonight a part of me is hoping LA Knight just keeps getting attacked each week after talking shit to Bray only for it to be revealed to be a different person from the roster each time just because they dislike Knight that much.

Braun/Ricochet was actually pretty nice until the interference to set up the Ricochet win. The post match segment with Imperium working over Braun, Ricochet coming back for the save, and mutual respect after Imperium was chased off was all nice. Still I'm actually disappointed Ricochet and Braun didn't have a full match. It was pretty darn fun while it lasted.

Shotzi/Raquel vs. Ronda/Shayna was all more of a segment than anything else but a good one. Hopefully Shotzi comes out trying to murder Ronda tomorrow.

Usos vs. Drew/Sheamus was good stuff. Nice action and drama all around with the eventual brawl being worked in well along with the finish.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2