DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 11/21 - 11/27/2022

The Natural

Raw was good but the crowd sucked at parts at the later hours.

I was right about Tozawa, Triple  H is slowly removing those silly and levity gimmicks. Anyway I can see how Tozawa's previous gimmick was too offensive.

Obvious by now there won't be any mens or women's RAW Survivor Series elimination matches, and obvious since WarGames was announced for SS.  WarGames is better anyways.

The Brawling Brutes take on the Judgement Day!  This is STIFF!  Dominick is a HEAT MACHINE!  Ridge Holland hits an EVEREST VERTICAL SUPLEX!  This is fun.  Damien Priest has definitely grown on me the last couple of months.  Dominick is awesome riling up the rubes.  Sheamus beating the hell out of Dominick is pretty great.  Dominick is the new Gino Hernandez.  That was good.  Johnny Gargano has a Super Kick PAAAARTAY with Omos!  Then Omos Chokeslams him and pins him.  Mustafa Ali has his ribs taped up again.  Austin Theory as ass stomper is fun.  Ali sells the ribs and adds to his sympathetic babyface dealy.  450 Splash crushes Ali's own ribs!  HEY! BLOOD!  HHH takes a step back.  Theory puts Ali out of his misery.  Postmatch, Bobby Lashley Suplexes the FUCK out of Theory.  Theory hits Lashley with a chair to no effect so Theory runs away.  THEN  Mustafa Ali is standing around as Theory runs by and Lashley Full Nelsons him.  LASHLEY IS RUNNING AMOK!  It's Alpha Academy and they are taking on Matt Riddle and Elias.  Chad Gable is prolly the best guy in-ring in the WWE.  I can't think of anyone better at the moment.  HEY!  Matt Riddle is our BABYFACE IN PERIL!  It's been MONTHS since he was a Babyface In Peril!  EVEREST GERMAN SUPLEX by Gable on the apron on Riddle!  Riddle goes back to being our Ricky Morton!  Elias makes the hot tag and goes TOTAL STEINER!  Neckbreaker FOR TWO!  Otis hits the Scorpion Death Drop!  Riddle Ranas Gable to the floor to set his Asai Moonsault!  Riddle with a Moonsault Variation for the win!  So they basically trot out the Alpha Academy to make folks look great.  And that worked tonight.  Drew McIntyre and Baron Corbin wrestle each other.  This is good, in a WWE heavyweight style match way.  McIntyre lays it in!  Corbin lays it in!  McIntyre flies into the ringpost just like Psicosis!  McIntyre LARIATS TO TRANSITION and hits a beautiful Suplex.  This match is great.  Superplex by Corbin FOR TWO!  It's weird.  This has no storyline or anything.  It's just trotting out two guys and having them wrestle and it FUCKING RULES.  I don't think I've ever seen a better Baron Corbin match.  DEEP SIX FOR TWO!  SHENANIGANS!  McIntyre wins!  That was fucking GREAT.  Asuka takes on Rhea Ripley to see who get the advantage at Wargames!  Sooooo, Asuka is losing.  As no Wargames match has EVER had the babyfaces at an advantage.  Ripley is fucking AWESOME.  Asuka with the HIP ATTACK!  Ripley channels Larry Zbysko and does a world class STALL!  THEN she beats the crud out of Asuka!  One can forget that Rhea Ripley is VADER.  VADER who can dropkick folks off the top turnbuckle with a standing jump.  VADER who can do a better Psicosis Bump than Drew McIntyre did one match before.  Asuka is STING in this VADER equation.  Asuka is as game as Sting was against VADER.  Asuka has nearfalls but she is so doomed.  Well, especially because of the stipulation but also because they need to put the fuckin BELT on Rhea Ripley.  This match is fucking great.  RIP TIDE!  And that's that.  Unbelievably, the babyfaces enter a WARGAMES match without an advantage.  That was great episode of RAW.

• Like 2

Judgement Day vs. Brutes was good. Dom is becoming more and more of a little shit each week, and its wonderful.

Gargano/Omo was actually decent while it lasted with Johnny getting in a good comeback moment before Omos murdered him.

Theory/Ali was solid. Dug the post match with Lashley coming in and beating Theory's ass again before he ran away and threw poor Ali at Lashley as a sacrificial lamb. 

Alpha Academy vs. Elias/Riddle was good. AA always look great and make everyone look good. Elias & Riddle were a surprisingly decent team as well.

Cobrin/Drew was good stuff with the two slugging it out throughout. Tozawa popping up sans the karate gear was good to see.

Rhea/Asuka was pretty good. Loved seeing Rhea dominate. It made me think to how she was in the second MYC & NXT UK, only she is so much better now at shit talking while keeping the action interesting and flowing. Asuka had some nice comebacks throughout before the end inevitably came. Kind of surprising it ended so clean even with both teams out at the end. The post match was brawl was short but neat.

Good show all around. The crowd could have been better, but I thought they responded better than other crowds to heel work which was nice to see. 

• Like 2

It's Wendy Choo!  She's wrestling Cora Jade!  Cora Jade looks all intense on offense.  Wendy Choo looks good in this.  Jade bumps BIG on the floor!  In picture in picture, strangely, Cora Jade is our heel in peril.  Ah!  There we go.  Choo becomes our face in peril.  Choo looks great on her comeback.  Very nice Belly To Belly and nicer Springboard Elbow into a SWEET BRAINBUSTER by Choo!  Everybody cheats but Jade cheats last and wins!  That was good.  Pretty Deadly riles up the rubes!  They are wearing beautiful shirts.  Ivy Nile and Kiana James have a professional wrestling match!  James looks good in this.  She'll lay it in.  Nile is selling the whole match.  Nile goes on offense and she looks good on offense.  Fallon Henley comes out and distracts James!  Nile applies a kinda crappy submission!  It's Scrypts!  It's Guru Raj!  Scrypts is very flashy.  That is a hilariously crappy mask but he IS the new Blitzkrieg!  Actually, Blitzkrieg had a crappy mask too that was very similar to Scrypt's.  Zoey Stark is EVIL!  Sol Ruca is here to get beaten to death, one would assume.  Sol gets a couple things in with a lot of nifty gymnastics.  THEN Stark starts beating her to death.  THEN Ruca makes a comeback and Stark leans into her basic offense.  Ruca misses a top rope thingy and Stark hits a kick to the head! Postmatch, Nikkitta Lyons hits the ring!  That was good.  Zoey carried a good little rookie to a good match.  Awesome!  Duke Hudson and Andre Chase take on Kit and Elton- PRETTY DEADLY!  Hudson is fun.  Andre Chase is our budding WRESTLING MACHINE!  Pretty Deadly transition to Fabulous Ones mode and start beating on Chase.  Chase makes the HOT TAG!  Elton assumes the Steve Keirn role and beats the fuck out of Chase.  Prince accidentally hits that woman that Hudson Duke has a crush on it extends the HEAT SEGMENT!  Chase finally makes the big HOT TAG and Duke Hudson is a great Robert Gibson.  Hudson accidentally kicks Chase and Pretty Deadly hits their Big Rig variation!  PRETTY DEADLY RETAIN!  That was good.  It's Carmello Hayes and Wes Lee.  Oh, this is fun!  Total Strange Style but filled with hate.  I like that neither of these do anything conventionally, but the match has a very conventional structure.  They inject very skewed offense to a heel beating on a babyface and the babyface makes a comeback, etc etc.  Carmello sells all strange too.  What a couple of weirdos.  This is like the first time I ever saw Tatsuya Endo wrestle.  GREAT NEARFALL on a Meterora by Lee.  Lee hits a Hayabusa Tope Con Hilo on Trick Williams!  Lee hits a GNARLY KAORU EXCALIBUR for the WIN!  That was good.  And really weird.  That was weird and good.  Dijak wants the title, it seems!  That was a good episode of the NXT.

• Like 2

Wendy/Cora was solid.

Ivy/Kiana was pretty decent as well. Dug Ivy's bits of offense in particular. Hopefully she gets another match that tests her like Meiko did again soon.

Zoey/Sol was easily the best Sol has looked yet. Hopefully she brings mor eperformances like this. Nikkita hopefully wears the gear she had here next week. Its kind of amazing how everything she wears would make better gear than what she actually wrestles in.

SCRYPTS's debut was nice. Was wondering just a few days ago what happened to Reggie. He needs a better mask, but everything he does looks so damn smooth and good.

Chase/Hudson vs. Pretty Deadly was pretty good. Hudson is a way better tag guy than expected. He really rallied the crowd on the apron and did a nice hot tag. The bits where he missed saving Chase were well done as well. Kind of hope he ends up being legit changed.

Dempsey's promo vid just makes me want him to move up and join Imperium.

Lee/Hayes started off and built into something great by the end with some crazy moves and believable near falls. Loved so damn much of this. Might be the best singles either guy have had in NXT.

• Like 1

The only way you wouldn't know that he was Reggie is unless you have terrible memory and need to see a doctor.  Never mind how it looks and that awful mask, Reggie is such a recognizable looking wrestler.  I mean is there anyone that short with that much flippy shit and black thar you could even think NOT Reggie   Even if they brought in Lio Rush there is a difference 

Edited by hammerva

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

The only way you wouldn't know that he was Reggie is unless you have terrible memory and need to see a doctor.  Never mind how it looks and that awful mask, Reggie is such a recognizable looking wrestler.  I mean is there anyone that short with that much flippy shit and black thar you could even think NOT Reggie   Even if they brought in Lio Rush there is a difference 

I guess you could be fooled by thinking, "there's no way they do this push for REGGIE, right?"

Forgot to mention but I dug how Booker went from hating Chase U to getting behind them during that tag match, even at one point wondering what the hell was happening when he realize he joined in on the Chase U spell out chant.

I liked in the Scrypts match when Vic Joseph went "Then NXT Universe aren't quite sure what to make of Scrypts..." and I thought "He has the worst mask I've ever seen, keeps miming that he's writing with a pen, sprang into the ring on a trampoline and you just described him as a "Poet", I don't blame them!"

Glad Dijak is getting another chance. Ever since he was in ROH, he's looked like such a prototypical WWE Guy (big, good build, athletic) that which made it all the more perplexing that Vince flubbed him so bad on the main roster.

The Bron Brekker promo where he basically said he was tired of wrestling and wishes he could just fish all the time was certainly an interesting way of building up your world champ...

The Chase U stuff will never likely translate to the main roster, but it's sooo good with the home crowd who are way into it. I was waiting for Duke to turn on them and be all evil, but now I'm kind of enjoying the new goofy Duke and hope he actually stays with them. The promo where he was out of breath because he "ran all the way here" was a hilariously strange idea when you're pushing him as a major athlete.

Regal Jr (Which is really what they should just call him...it's ok acknowledge it!) 's promo was really good. He'd be a really fun opponent for Wes Lee's goofiness.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Red King said:

NXT is developmental so the gimmicks can be adjusted later on like Reggie's.

DIJAK's new gimmick seems to be nu Bossman and Chono mixed.

DIJAK looks like someone backstage said "we want to push a much less lazier version of Luke Gallows"

• Like 2

I think there's potential in Reggie but that gimmick ain't it. Even if you just had him come out without the mask but with a new name, the crowd would be more likely to go with it than whatever that was.

I'm not sure what Chase will do if he makes it to the main roster but I he'll work with whatever they give him.

Demsepy grew up mostly in the states right? I keep expecting him to have a super thick accent but it's not there. It's be funnier if he had a super thick southern drawl.

I didn't take Bron's segment as him wanting to not wrestle, just that he needs an escape and it plays into the overall thread of everyone coming for Bron at all times and that it's basically a matter of when not if he slips up.

Not sure where Melo goes from here, do you play up him and Trick falling apart or do they try to go for the tag titles? Or does Melo go for the main title? Or a call up?

Speaking of call ups, with them bringing folks back that were cut before, I'm not sure they're going to bother with actual call ups anytime soon which might lead to NXT getting overcrowded again.

44 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

Not sure where Melo goes from here, do you play up him and Trick falling apart or do they try to go for the tag titles? Or does Melo go for the main title? Or a call up?

Speaking of call ups, with them bringing folks back that were cut before, I'm not sure they're going to bother with actual call ups anytime soon which might lead to NXT getting overcrowded again.

I feel like they can go any of those ways with Melo and be fine. Going after the tag belts with Trick would be a good way to give Trick some time to improve before moving both up together. Bron/Melo feels like something that should happen though before either guy moves up.

NXT feels just about right numbers wise due to how many are still clearly developing. Melo, Grimes, Waller, Pretty Deadly, Mandy, Alba/KLR, & GYV/Dyad are all ready to move up, but I feel like that will leave a larger hole than expected if it were to happen soon or all at once.