DVDVR Message Board

NCAA 2022 - WEEK THIRTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

27 minutes ago, Chaos said:

It's also the misguided hire of the two for me. Too much fixation on "he beat Bama twice" and not enough fixation on all else that's wrong with him. 

It’s hilarious.

You know who else won 40% of their games against Saban? GUS MALZAHN.

(And Gus actually managed to win his division a couple times, too!)

3 minutes ago, EVA said:

It’s hilarious.

You know who else won 40% of their games against Saban? GUS MALZAHN.

(And Gus actually managed to win his division a couple times, too!)

That's my point. Gus is also a decent human being and has beaten Saban 4 times if you include 2010. If the boosters legitimately only care about beating Bama, then there was no reason to buy out Gus (and I was ready to say goodbye to Gus).

I also feel like college is starting to move away from the gimmicky offenses out of necessity to make guys "pro ready," so Freeze potentially is little reward with a lot of headache. 

• Like 1

To get back to BALL and the biggest game of the day:

I’d like to formally welcome Michigan and Ohio State to the 2022 college football season.

Both Michigan and Ohio State look like basically the exact same teams as last year, so I…wouldn’t be surprised if todays game plays out in eerily similar fashion as last year’s?

Early trend for OSU is to use WIDE receiver splits and unbalanced formations when they want to run and then get tight and balanced when they want to pass. It’s working so far but we’ll see how Michigan picks up on that.

Ohio does seem to be really taking seriously the "we don't want to just be known as talented" thing. And clearly they are all in on not letting last year's gashing on the ground repeat itself.

Michigan getting that big touchdown was huge.

It's funny given the history the last two decades, but there aren't a lot of players on either side that have ever played in an Ohio State win in The Game.

Well, nobody can say The Game isn't living up to the hype so far.

Last year Michigan dictated terms all day, especially the second half. So far, this year is definitely Ohio's style, but so far Michigan is at least hanging with them. I'd still feel a lot better if the running game gets anything at all happening though.

The extreme determination to stop the run is both working and killing the Bucks defense at the same time. It's kinda fascinating. I would really be interested in thinking it through if I wasn't currently feeling extreme amounts of tension and optimism and fear all at the same time.