DVDVR Message Board

NCAA 2022 - WEEK THIRTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

I can't imagine Jimbo leaving TAMU for any reason except being fired. He has an average annual salary over $9 million, with no buyout reduction at any point, and no offsetting language. The only way he doesn't get all ~$86 million left on his deal is if he leaves voluntarily.

• Like 2

Kiffin is not exactly going to be riding a wave of success into Auburn.

Auburn vs the SEC West in 2022: beat A&M…lost to Arkansas, Miss State, LSU, Ole Miss (and likely Alabama).

Ole Miss vs the SEC West in 2022: beat A&M and Auburn…lost to Arkansas, Miss State, LSU, Alabama.

So the only data point separating those teams is Ole Miss’s head to head win over Auburn…and it was not exactly a runaway victory.

Now that I think about it, the similarities get even more eerie in cross divisional play.

Both Auburn and Ole Miss caught some fortunate breaks to escape at home with 3-point wins over Missouri and Kentucky, respectively.

And then of course Ole Miss got to beat up on Vanderbilt, while Auburn got fed to Georgia.

But if you swapped those two games, it’s highly likely that Auburn and Ole Miss would be finishing with the exact same conference record. (I suppose we can’t rule out an unexpectedly scrappy Vanderbilt beating Auburn, but I’m 1000% sure Georgia would’ve chowed down on the these Rebels.)

Edited by EVA

6 minutes ago, EVA said:

Now that I think about it, the similarities get even more eerie in cross divisional play.

Both Auburn and Ole Miss caught some fortunate breaks to escape at home with 3-point wins over Missouri and Kentucky, respectively.

And then of course Ole Miss got to beat up on Vanderbilt, while Auburn got fed to Georgia.

But if you swapped those two games, it’s highly likely that Auburn and Ole Miss would be finishing with the exact same conference record. (I suppose we can’t rule out an unexpectedly scrappy Vanderbilt beating Auburn, but I’m 1000% sure Georgia would’ve chowed down on the these Rebels.)

I think the biggest difference is the timing in the schedule. Ole Miss looked like they were having a really good season, starting 7-0, hitting the bye at 8-1, giving Alabama a good fight before losing close (even if this is a surprising down year in Tuscaloosa.) Then they got demolished by a Arkansas and lost a close one to Miss St to finish.

Auburn we knew sucked pretty early on.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I think the biggest difference is the timing in the schedule. Ole Miss looked like they were having a really good season, starting 7-0, hitting the bye at 8-1, giving Alabama a good fight before losing close (even if this is a surprising down year in Tuscaloosa.) Then they got demolished by a Arkansas and lost a close one to Miss St to finish.

I was never super impressed with Ole Miss in any game I watched them this year. It was the benefit of a pretty soft schedule. Even in their opener, they didn't look great against my alumni (who is admittedly having a really good year) in Troy.

In the Auburn game, even with how bad that first half looked, I didn't feel like Auburn lost to a better team, but I think that's also a commentary on Ole Miss. By their standards, Lane has been very successful there especially when you look at last season.

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

Lane has been very successful there especially when you look at last season.

It's a mirage. Kiffin is winless at Ole Miss in conference games against teams that finished over .500 in the conference. 

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

With the amount of formatting errors I just had to fix on your post - no credit for you

Hey, it's not my fault that stuff doesn't embed like it's supposed to when I do it.

Edited by Gonzo

Brock was fucking awful on commentary! You might be able to watch a replay on ESPN+ since it's thanksgiving I'm watching it with my family: My Mom wanted both members of the commentary fired in the 1st Quarter. The Play-by-Play guy was dropping Dennis Miller like references throughout the game as well. 

6 minutes ago, EVA said:

Freeze would be stunning but also, in its own way, the logical conclusion of this particularly insane era of Auburn boosterdom.

It's also the misguided hire of the two for me. Too much fixation on "he beat Bama twice" and not enough fixation on all else that's wrong with him.