DVDVR Message Board

POLL 11/12-11/18/2022- WHAT WAS THE BEST FREE TV MATCH OF THE WEEK! IT'S WIDE OPEN!

DEAN

WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?

• King/ Kong vs Hijo de Skayde/ Black Skayde- BIG LUCHA
    • Galeno del Mal vs Limbo- BIG LUCHA
    • Lee Moriarty vs Hook- RAMPAGE
    • Bandido/ Rey Horus/ Gravity/ Komander vs Flamita/ Elemental/ Yutani/ Bendito- BIG LUCHA
    • Danny Limelight vs Shane Haste- CWFH
    • Jordan Clearwater vs Carlito- CWFH
    • Dalys/ Faby/ La Amapola/ La Jarochita/ Lluvia/ Marcela/ Princesa Sugehit/ Reyna Isis vs Alex Gracia/ Avispa Dorada/ Hikari Shimizu/ Ivelisse/ Lady Frost/ Mei Suruga/ Stephanie Vaquer/ Tae Honma- CMLL
    • Tormenta vs Princess Aussie- WOW
    • BK Rhythm vs Chantilly Chella- WOW
    • Athena vs Kayla Sparks- AEW Elevation
    • Daniel Garcia vs Leon Ruffin- AEW Elevation
    • El Serpentico vs AR Fox- AEW Elevation
    • Mei Suruga/ Emi Sakura vs Willow Nightingale/ Riho- AEW Elevation
    • Austin Theory vs Dolph Ziggler- RAW
    • Matt Riddle vs Chad Gable- RAW
    • Finn Balor vs Seth Rollins- RAW
    • Komander/ Ares/ Aramis vs Abismo Negro Jr/ Latigo/ Flamita- AAA
    • Cerebro Negro/ Cerebro Negro Jr/ Dr Cerebro vs Pandemonium/ Pandemonium Jr/ El Hijo de Pandemonium- IWRG
    • Apollo Crews vs JD McDonagh- NXT
    • Bron Breakker vs Von Wagner- NXT
    • Alba Fyre vs Mandy Rose- NXT
    • Brock Anderson vs Daniel Garcia- AEW Dark
    • Maximo/ Bugambilia vs La Diva Salvaje/ Jessy Ventura- IWRG
    • Aster Boy/ Tonalli vs Puma de Oro/ Dick Angelo 3G- IWRG
    • AR Fox/ Darius Martin/ Dante Martin vs Penta El Zero Miedo/ PAC/ Rey Fenix- DYNAMITE
    • Claudio Castagnoli/ Bryan Danielson vs Sammy Guevara/ Chris Jericho- DYNAMITE
    • Yuya Uemura vs Andrew Everett- IMPACT! BTI
    • Ethan Page vs Bandido- DYNAMITE
    • PJ Black vs Black Taurus- IMPACT!
    • Eric Young vs Sami Callihan- IMPACT!
    • Toni Storm vs Anna JAS- DYNAMITE
    • Rich Swann vs Laredo Kid- IMPACT!
    • Ricky Starks vs Lance Archer- RAMPAGE
    • Rey Leon vs El Hijo de Canis Lupus- IWRG
    • ELP vs Takagi SHINGO- New Japan on AXS
    • Kazuchika Okada/ Eddie Kingston vs Juice Robinson/ Jay White- New Japan on AXS
    • Ricochet vs Mustafa Ali- SMACKDOWN
    • GUNTHER/ Ludwig Kaiser/ Giovanni Vinci vs The New Day/ Brawn Strowman- SMACKDOWN
    • Butch vs Sami Zane- SMACKDOWN
    • Jun Akiyama/ Konosuke Takeshita vs Eddie Kingston/ Ortiz- RAMPAGE

Once again, there are a million good matches this week.  Fuckin Jun Akiyama wrestled on my TV!  There were TWO Daniel Garcia Pure Rule title defenses. There was the RISE of AR Fox.  ELP and Takagi SHINGO settled who was Daddy and who was Baby.  BUT.  The CMLL Women's Cibernetico is unbeatable.  WWE had the completely balls out JD McDonagh/Apollo Crews match.  IMPACT! had the Sami Callihan/Eric Young bloodbath.  The fringe match of the week was the Tormenta match from WOW.  There was a LOT of Lucha Libre that is worth considering.  Heck, the whole BIG LUCHA card they streamed was a TOTAL hoot.  But yeah, the CMLL Cibernetico was fucking COMPLETELY AWESOME.  Just so much to love in that match- from Stephanie Vaquer to a GREAT introduction to the realm of WRESTLING MACHINE by Mei Suruga.  It is an EMBARRASSMENT OF RICHES!

CUT LIST: Aster Boy/ Noicy Boy vs Legendario/ Dick Angelo 3G- IWRG; Sol/ Tonto/ Hannya/ Forneo vs Radiactivo/ Éxtasis/ Cometa Maya/ Viajero- BIG LUCHA

• Like 3

• DEAN pinned this topic

Skipped Dynamite. Tried watching Bryan/Claudio vs. Jericho/Sammy, but I just wasn't into it and nothing else there interested me. Raw, NXT, and Smackdown all had some good good stuff but nothing that blows away everything else. Need to watch AXS, Rampage, and lucha. Wouldn't be shocked if I end up going with the CMLL match just because the clips I caught of it looked awesome. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Skipped Dynamite. Tried watching Bryan/Claudio vs. Jericho/Sammy, but I just wasn't into it and nothing else there interested me. Raw, NXT, and Smackdown all had some good good stuff but nothing that blows away everything else. Need to watch AXS, Rampage, and lucha. Wouldn't be shocked if I end up going with the CMLL match just because the clips I caught of it looked awesome. 

Rampage was significantly better than Dynamite (besides the Trios).

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, AxB said:

So Eddie vs Jun from Zero Hour will be on Next week's poll, won't it? Seeing as it's not on this one?

Oh yeah.  Friday is the cut off.

• Thanks 1

Saving my vote until I watch Okada/Kingston vs. White/Juice, the CMLL Women's Gran Prix, and the big bleedy Young/Callihan thing. I even like the look of that IWRG card. This would seem like a week where if you just vote for yer favorite AEW match and move on you might want to take a deeper plunge than usual.

EDIT: CMLL Amazonas GP is absolutely a contender, maybe not a shoe-in due to some booking I deem iffy but I just love a damn Cibernetico. Jarochita keeps her momentum going, Mei Suriga en Mexico = Pe$o$, but the story coming out of the match is that Lady Frost is more or less a complete product and looked like a total star. Size, ability, presence, workrate. One of the most eye-catching performances I have seen in any ring this year.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The AXS matches were fun but nothing great. I did dig Okada/Eddie vs. White/Juice way more than the big 10-man tag from the night before. Was disappointed they didn't include Mayu/King from the same show. Would have been nice to check out.

Cerebros vs. Pandemoniums was fun. So was the AAA match. Thought the exoticos match was disappointing. Maximo making Jessy bleed was nice, but it didn't have much else going for it.

The Amazonas GP/Cibernetico took this for me easily. There were a decent amount of off moments due to people not being used to each other and some being inconsistent, but there was far more good moments and action than anything else. Mei was a star and possibly the most over person in this. Lady Frost did some neat stuff. Faby and Vaquer looked awesome whenever they were in. First time I can recall seeing a full Ivelisse match. She actually kept things together a few times coming in to help out those likely not used to Mexico and luchadoras. Along with that she was a massive bitch in the best ways whenever she was in the ring. I can see why people like her when she is motivated. This was just super fun all around. Kind of wish we would get something like this in WWE or joshi. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• DEAN unpinned this topic