DVDVR Message Board

RAMPAGE!- 11/18/2022!

DEAN

@Hayabusa, are you doing a Natural parody gimmick now, brother? 🙂

Apparently tomorrow's *other* matches include Hook vs Tigah Style and Athena vs Madison.

Reportedly Starks vs Archer has been moved to the PPV pre-show. Not sure what we might get as a replacement. Bear Country vs Gates of Agony or Yuka Sakazaki vs Freya or Dustin vs Parker Boudreaux please! Or just let Mad King's Dream Match go half an hour. I don't think any of us would be unhappy with that.

Edit: I guess I misunderstood. Actually Starks vs Archer on Rampage and Starks vs Cage on the pre-show. So presumably no Parker Boudreaux.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hey!  It's RAMPAGE!  Ricky Starks and Lance Archer start in the back and fight their way to the ring!  They are punching each other dead in the face so I certify this as DVDVRMB APPROVED!  Starks is a good brawler- WHO KNEW?  NICE Lariat by Archer.  Starks hits the DDT on the second shot!  STARKS WINS WITH A SPEAR!  That was good.  Weird and good.  It's Lee Moriarty!  Against Hook!  They go completely BattlARTS!  GREAT fucking Suplex by Hook.  Moriarty beats on Hook while we are in picture in picture!  Nice Lariat by Hook to go on offense.  This is the best Hook match so far.  Lee cuts him off and makes with two submissions!  Hook counters into a Redrum for the win!  I'm confused about the Rush/ John Silver match.  ATHENA!  ATHENA!  ATHENA!  Madison Rayne! is going to get murdalized!  ATHENA SLUGS AUBREY!  Oh man!  Mercedes Martinez is dropping the belt to Athena!  YES!  Wait.  Is Fred Yehi in the House of Black video?  Wild!  JUN MOTHERFUCKING AKIYAMA ON MY MOTHERFUCKING TV SET!  KONOSUKE TAKESHITA ON MY MOTHERFUCKING TV SET!  LET'S FUCKING GO!  I'm going to watch this.  I LOVE how they are building up to Akiyama and Kingston to finally clash.  I love this.  Takeshita did the body of the match and Akiyama came in and beat the fuck out of folks until Eddie Kingston and Akiyama get to beat the hell out of each other.  I LOVED the dueling Exploiders.  That was fucking great.  AEW RULES THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

That tag match fell apart super quickly in the end, you can even see the point where Paul Turner just shrugs his shoulders and stops caring who the legal man is.

Thought Moriarty/Hook attempted to tell an interesting story that was something different for the usual Hook fare, but the crowd just didn't want a bar of it.

That Starks/Hoyt match was the shits. Starks isn't very good at fighting from underneath beyond the overdone "has he hurt his neck again?" spots, and subsequently you end up with a match where you don't believe him taking a huge ass kicking for that long, and still able to win with a weak looking spear out of nowhere. Either you add him to the long list of dudes doing a Bret tribute where he can sneak a win from anywhere with anything, or there's a less is more approach, working a slower pace that doesn't just look him him being eaten up by the other guy.

Also big pop for Chuckie T and the VHS.

Edited by GuerrillaMonsoon
  • Like 1

Really good hour of wrestling and follows the good show last week. I would've killed to see Akiyama live and it's too bad the crowd didn't feel the same way. Takeshita just as good as ever.

Starks is one of my favorite up and comers and I think he's a really damn good sympathetic babyface. I think he'll win the tournament.

The 10/LFI stuffs needs to stop or be resolved finally.

Too many Cornette geeks too.

• Like 4

What a great hour of pro wrestling! Come home, AEW, all is forgiven! I loved Archer vs Starks starting in the back. I loved the outa nowhere finish. You keep Archer looking special even in defeat because his matches are different. The side of the steps is the hardest part of the steps. Moriarty vs Hook is BattleArts-ian professional wrestling! Will DEAN also think so? I hope so. I'll look foolish if he has already said it wasn't. Hook's best match yet? I forgot both these guys in my fantasy booking post. I stink. Hey! Also Madison's best match yet. Wow. Athena is really very good at professional wrestling. Athena vs Mercedes. Homemade wings vs German engineering. YES! ORANGE AND BEST FRIENDS ON THE PPV!!! And Rocky!! Back to back spooky videos. Hold off on Kingston and Akiyama. Yes. That's how to lay it out. Mad King pays tribute to Kobashi and Piper one right after the other. Sweet powerslam from Ortiz. I was so happy while this was going on. I am still happy. Much more stoked for tomorrow, now, also.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1