DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 11

Dolfan in NYC

There are probably 10,000 quarterback coaches who think they can "fix" Justin Fields because of things like this:

(For the record, that's an insane stat.)  Also, I will bet a shiny nickel or even two, that the Bears will not hire the guy that 'fixes' him. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

There are probably 10,000 quarterback coaches who think they can "fix" Justin Fields because of things like this:

(For the record, that's an insane stat.)  Also, I will bet a shiny nickel or even two, that the Bears will not hire the guy that 'fixes' him. 

Do something helpful for the team? Not my Bears.

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

But wasn’t Davis Mills a “Top 10 QB” according to PFF earlier this season, and ahead of the MVP favorite (Patrick Mahomes)? 

The stat is a little misleading though and intentionally done that way just to make that point. Most of the other big fantasy point getters (Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Jackson, Hurts) had a bye week in the last four weeks, which makes the gap bigger since they had a week with a "0".  If you did "last four games played" he'd probably still be in 1st, but with a much smaller lead.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The fact that it's taken a year and a half for Justin Field's coaches to look at that massive man who runs that fast to say,  "maybe we should let him run," is a fucking travesty.  The average football coach is fucking terrible at his job. 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, supremebve said:

The fact that it's taken a year and a half for Justin Field's coaches to look at that massive man who runs that fast to say,  "maybe we should let him run," is a fucking travesty.  The average football coach is fucking terrible at his job. 

I'll always be pissed at what Jeff Fisher did to Vince Young.

As someone who grew up on the 3 yards and a cloud of dust - these conversations make me tingly in my pants

(The below is all above how rushing is very up in the NFL this year - and it isn't just because of all the mobile QBs)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I'll always be pissed at what Jeff Fisher did to Vince Young.

I don't know if Vince Young would have ever been a quality starter, but I do remember that at the end of games when shit was breaking down and he could freelance he was legitimately dangerous.  I hate every single coach who gets a square talent and tries to fit them into their round system.  Talent is rare, your stupid system is not.  

• Like 7

I haven't heard the 6 feet range although I did love hearing the joke that how are they going to run the ball when Chubb and Singletary are  both under 6 feet tall.   But yeah almost all of them have at least 2 to 3 feet guaranteed at game time which is going to be awesome to watch and terrible to play

Edited by hammerva

The usual "the NFL is monitoring the situation" announcement as to whether they might kick the game to a different date/time

The issue is that Buffalo plays at Detroit on Thanksgiving so moving the game to Monday night is out.

I have seen some people float the idea of playing the game in Detroit (since the Lions are playing at Met Life vs the Giants) since the Bills have to go there anyway but I don't think there is anything too that besides internet fantasy.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

The usual "the NFL is monitoring the situation" announcement as to whether they might kick the game to a different date/time

The issue is that Buffalo plays at Detroit on Thanksgiving so moving the game to Monday night is out.

I have seen some people float the idea of playing the game in Detroit (since the Lions are playing at Met Life vs the Giants) since the Bills have to go there anyway but I don't think there is anything too that besides internet fantasy.

Internet fantasy, combined with the fact the last time a Bills game was moved due to snow it was moved to Detroit. So fans just connecting dots that currently don't exist but I guess could exist. My guess is that they'll find a way to play it, maybe move it to 4 PM or something to give them time to get the field ready-ish since the worst of it will be gone by then.

The other idea floated that has been shot down by NFL sources was moving Bills/Browns to Monday and then moving Bills/Lions to Friday (since there will be a Black Friday NFL game starting next year).

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

The other idea floated that has been shot down by NFL sources was moving Bills/Browns to Monday and then moving Bills/Lions to Friday (since there will be a Black Friday NFL game starting next year).

I doubt the Ford's will let that happen, the one thing the Lions have anyone in the Metro Detroit region cares about is the 12:30 kickoff on Thanksgiving. 

• Like 1

Potentially silly question: why not Syracuse? The Orangemen are on the road (Wake) and even if the fans can't necessarily get to the game, the game itself should be completely fine to play there.

• Like 1

I'm actually fine with this. A weather game can lead to injuries and tends to be more chaotic, no issue with them playing a neutral site. I'd say its bad for local fans that wanted to go to the game but doesn't seem like that was going to happen anyway even if they played.

5 hours ago, Pete said:

Potentially silly question: why not Syracuse? The Orangemen are on the road (Wake) and even if the fans can't necessarily get to the game, the game itself should be completely fine to play there.

Syracuse basketball has a Saturday night home game. So how long would it take them to get the building from basketball alignment to football alignment?

MetLife Stadium announced that they will be changing the playing surface before next season (the currently use Field Turf)

The type of surface they will use was not announced. The players are obviously hoping for natural grass

EDIT - Apparently MetLife is only looking at other synthetic surfaces so... so much for that