DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 11/16/22

Unnatural

1 minute ago, John from Cincinnati said:

These are okay, but we can go hotter. I need an earnest "might as well let WWE have MJF."

Can’t we just give WWE Britt Baker instead? That would hurt the woman’s division (AEW’s I mean) more than losing MJF would hurt the mens division. 

And what kind of booking “genius” doesn’t find room on an 11 match PPV card for Hangman Page, Orange Cassidy, Miro, Daniel Garcia, Wheeler Yuta, Eddie Kingston, and FTR??? That part I’m being deadly serious about too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LF2 said:

And what kind of booking “genius” doesn’t find room on an 11 match PPV card for Hangman Page, Orange Cassidy, Miro, Daniel Garcia, Wheeler Yuta, Eddie Kingston, and FTR??? That part I’m being deadly serious about too. 

People need to normalize leaving big names off some PPVs if they really believe what they're saying about them being too long. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

818k, .28 demo. Looks like third-lowest rating of the year, second-lowest on Dynamite's regular night. Counting on everyone for outrageous takes, thank you. 

The show and company absolutely sucks. What a criminal waste of momentum and potential. A lot riding on them actually creating a meaningful angle from whatever they do at this PPV.

Edited by A_K
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

People need to normalize leaving big names off some PPVs if they really believe what they're saying about them being too long. 

When he can make time for some of the lesser matches (Jungle Boy, Sting/Darby vs JJ/Lethal) then I think he can figure out how to fit his All Atlantic champion on the card. Plus Hangman is like Bryan, Mox, and MJF. He shouldn’t ever be left off a PPV.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LF2 said:

When he can make time for some of the lesser matches (Jungle Boy, Sting/Darby vs JJ/Lethal) then I think he can figure out how to fit his All Atlantic champion on the card. Plus Hangman is like Bryan, Mox, and MJF. He shouldn’t ever be left off a PPV.

For fucks sake, Hangman is out with a concussion.

Man, a whole lot of dog brained hot takes on here.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Definitely time to panic!

Tony Khan should lead off Full Gear by coming out screaming, with his hair on fire, and just running in circles for 3 minutes while they play emergency sirens over the stadium speakers.

If emergency sirens are ringing but there's no one in the stadium to hear them, are they even ringing?

Edited by A_K
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, LF2 said:

Can’t we just give WWE Britt Baker instead? That would hurt the woman’s division (AEW’s I mean) more than losing MJF would hurt the mens division. 

Miro’s filming shit. Hanger’s out. I get the feeling Eddie is in the doghouse. I bet Garcia & Yutes will be big parts of the ROH ppv. FTR has some AAA and NJPW commitments coming up, I bet. Chillax. I’d bet we get a pretty hard reset after this ppv.

Edited by just drew
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Definitely time to panic!

Tony Khan should lead off Full Gear by coming out screaming, with his hair on fire, and just running in circles for 3 minutes while they play emergency sirens over the stadium speakers.

Isn’t that just Jeff Jarrett’s theme? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

7 minutes ago, LF2 said:

I mean Orange has been a focus of TV as of late, I understand the urge to give a PPV payday but I mean, it isn't that he isn't getting alot of attention. He did just wrestle Shibata.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LF2 said:

The answer is go the other way and drop three matches from the show.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, just drew said:

Miro’s filming shit. Hanger’s out. I get the feeling Eddie is in the doghouse. I bet Garcia & Yutes will be big parts of the ROH ppv. FTR has some AAA and NJPW commitments coming up, I bet. Chillax. I’d bet we get a pretty hard reset after this ppv.

ROH PPV is meaningless. They don’t draw worth a darn (compared to the AeW numbers). Eddie’s on Rampage tomorrow so he could have been booked is what I meant. FTR isn’t working New Japan until 1/4 as far as I know. Plus AAA isn’t running as Sammy, Fenix, and Pentagon are all on the PPV. It’s just silly some of the guys he’ll put on PPV but other name talent he’ll leave off just because.

2 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

The answer is go the other way and drop three matches from the show.

Using this idea what 3 would you cut? I’m obviously in favor of dropping the Jarrett tag, the cage match (it would be a good tv main event), and if I had to pick a third I’d move the TNT title match to Rampage tomorrow as the main event.

19 minutes ago, LF2 said:

ROH PPV is meaningless. They don’t draw worth a darn (compared to the AeW numbers). Eddie’s on Rampage tomorrow so he could have been booked is what I meant. FTR isn’t working New Japan until 1/4 as far as I know. Plus AAA isn’t running as Sammy, Fenix, and Pentagon are all on the PPV. It’s just silly some of the guys he’ll put on PPV but other name talent he’ll leave off just because.

Eddie is getting horribly punished by getting to have his ultimate dream match vs Jun Akiyama. I'm sure he's extremely upset about it.

• Like 10

45 minutes ago, LF2 said:

They have 11 matches on Saturday.

23 minutes ago, LF2 said:

Using this idea what 3 would you cut? I’m obviously in favor of dropping the Jarrett tag, the cage match (it would be a good tv main event), and if I had to pick a third I’d move the TNT title match to Rampage tomorrow as the main event.

Jarrett tag most definitely 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

818k, .28 demo. Looks like third-lowest rating of the year, second-lowest on Dynamite's regular night. Counting on everyone for outrageous takes, thank you. 

Rock solid proof that Burger King Chalkenger Brand AEW is a miserable catastrophic failure. Time to do a hard shift back into being a big weird indie catering specifically and exclusively to the hardcore fan-base.

Spoiler

Like me. Even though I live in Japan and my viewership (and that of all but two of the group of AEW nerds from all over the world I chat with online) is apparently meaningless in measuring how successful the company is

Spoiler

First time ever that a one off low rating plays into my personal crackpot theories!

Spoiler

It's fun. I see now why some folks can't help themselves.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

The show is just not good right now. There’s no way around it. Crowds sounded terrible the last two weeks

Too much inconsistent booking, lack of vision, and the ROH problem. Khan has failed as a leader and the All Out incident is proof of that. 

22 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

Rock solid proof that Burger King Chalkenger Brand AEW is a miserable catastrophic failure. Time to do a hard shift back into being a big weird indie catering specifically and exclusively to the hardcore fan-base.

Hide contents

Like me. Even though I live in Japan and my viewership (and that of all but two of the group of AEW nerds from all over the world I chat with online) is apparently meaningless in measuring how successful the company is

Hide contents

First time ever that a one off low rating plays into my personal crackpot theories!

Hide contents

It's fun. I see now why some folks can't help themselves.

sickosmeme.jpg

• Haha 2

I'm pretty certain that AEW's never been particularly good at doing the things that people suddenly seem to be wanting it to do whereas it's still good at a lot of the things that it's always been good at, getting you excited that tomorrow Eddie Kingston's going to be facing Jun Akiyama or that we've got a Samoa Joe vs Wardlow vs Hobbs match in a day or two or whatever. The most exciting part of any Dynamite is when they announce the matches for Rampage and the most exciting part of any Rampage is when they announce the matches for Dynamite and the most exciting part of the PPVs is knowing you're going to see a bunch of matches not structured with the commercial breaks, which isn't great for all the time, but is good once in a while.

It's a promotion that has a ton of talent, most of which are really fun to watch in the ring, that lets them wrestle the sort of matches they want to wrestle, and that has some slight patina of stories and angles to give them reason to wrestle.

And that's great! I don't even know what's going on here right now.

Is there a time where AEW was magically something different than that? Not in the last year and a half certainly.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, LF2 said:

time to combine 4 matches into one

Jeff Jarrett, Jay Lethal, Luchasaurus, Chris Jericho, Sammy Guevara, Britt Baker

vs

Darby Allin, Sting, Jungle Boy, Claudio, Bryan Danielson, Saraya

in....

the Chamber of Horrors

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

The simple answer is they put a lot of stock in CM Punk, and that stock has crashed like crypto trading company. They gave the dude their top belt twice in ppv main events, and each time he didn't make through the next Dynamite with the strap. Everything was lined up for him to be on top this summer, then bring it back around to cement a top homegrown, whether it be MJF or Wardlow. The downstream effects of Punk's bad luck and fuck-ups are being felt well down the roster.

I don't really blame TK for going all in with Punk, as that looked like a good idea all the way through the dog collar match, and honestly, this would be a tough mess to clean up for anybody. I think his worst decision in the fallout was going back to Mox as champ. He needed to take his vacation as planned while Danielson or Omega righted the ship.

Edited by Go2Sleep
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1