DVDVR Message Board

NCAA 2022 - WEEK TWELVE

RIPPA

7 hours ago, cubbymark said:

Tennessee getting curb stomped is a pleasant surprise to hopefully break up the SEC monotony and monopoly on the CFP. But this may let ESPN attempt to shoehorn in a two loss LSU or Alabama for #4. 

If Michigan somehow wins next week there’s no way a two loss LSU or Bama should get in over Ohio State. That would be criminal. Especially after Tennessee got so badly exposed even before the non contact injury.  

8 minutes ago, LF2 said:

If Michigan somehow wins next week there’s no way a two loss LSU or Bama should get in over Ohio State. That would be criminal. Especially after Tennessee got so badly exposed even before the non contact injury.  

Right now (assuming no upsets) the field looks to be Georgia, B1G winner, TCU, and USC.

If Michigan wins a close one over Ohio, there will be an argument for the Bucks over the Trojans, but I think it's more likely to go USC's way. And even more so for USC against a Michigan team than loses close to Ohio. With Michigan playing an absurdly soft non-conference, Ohio State's biggest nc game being a disappointing ND, and the Big Ten on a whole being down... Neither of them have a real strong resume without the conference title

Now, if LSU were to beat Georgia, then the arguments get real interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Right now (assuming no upsets) the field looks to be Georgia, B1G winner, TCU, and USC.

If Michigan wins a close one over Ohio, there will be an argument for the Bucks over the Trojans, but I think it's more likely to go USC's way. And even more so for USC against a Michigan team than loses close to Ohio. With Michigan playing an absurdly soft non-conference, Ohio State's biggest nc game being a disappointing ND, and the Big Ten on a whole being down... Neither of them have a real strong resume without the conference title

Now, if LSU were to beat Georgia, then the arguments get real interesting.

I agree 1,000% with you. I was trying to argue Ohio State with one loss should get in ahead of Alabama. I know ESPN prefers Bama, but having two losses and to teams that also have (at minimum) two losses should be the final nail in their coffin.

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I’ll believe TCU gets a spot when it happens.  Won’t be too surprised to see them somehow drop to 5th in the next few weeks. Actually, I’m still not convinced they run the table.  It looks like they will meet KSU in B12 title game.  I’ll be putting my money on Kansas State.  I wouldn’t be too surprised to see them look past Iowa State next week and get tripped up.

5 hours ago, EVA said:

Yeah, I don’t think Michigan or Ohio State’s resumes will be strong enough for the loser to get in the playoffs this year.

Yeah. Illinois's collapse the two weeks before playing Michigan certainly doesn't help either.

I mean, if there's enough chaos, who knows what will happen, but barring a 2007 style everybody loses mess, I agree.

I do find the LSU possibility interesting. They would not only be the first two loss team to get in, but also they would have suffered the biggest margin of defeat any playoff team ever has. But if they do upset Georgia and win the SEC, they have a pretty compelling argument anyway.