DVDVR Message Board

POLL 11/5-11/11/2022- WHAT WAS THE BEST FREE TV MATCH OF THE WEEK? OKAY! HERE WE GO!

DEAN

WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?

• Angelina Love vs Ella Envy- NWA USA
    • Bendito/ Emperador Azteca vs Gravity/ Viajero- BIG LUCHA
    • Zack Sabre Jr vs EVIL- New Japan World
    • Sanada vs Ren Narita- New Japan World
    • Bad Dude Tito vs Justin Cruz- CWFH
    • Orange Cassidy vs Big Shotty Lee Johnson- RAMPAGE
    • Shinsuke Nakamura vs Santo Escobar- SMACKDOWN
    • United Empire (Francesco Akira/ TJP) vs BUSHI/ Titan- New Japan World
    • Mark Davis/ Kyle Fletcher/ Gideon Grey/ Aaron Henare vs Toru Yano/ David Finlay/ Hiroshi Tanahashi/ Alex Zayne- New Japan World
    • Athena vs Abby Jane- AEW Elevation
    • Dalton Castle/ Brett/ Brandon vs Slim J/ Ari Daivari/ Jeeves K- AEW Elevation
    • Eli Isom vs Dante Martin- AEW Elevation
    • Rhett Titus/ Cheeseburger/ Logan Easton Laroux vs Cole Karter/ Lee Johnson/ QT Marshall- AEW Elevation
    • The New Day vs The Usos- SMACKDOWN
    • Angelico/ The Butcher/ The Blade vs Chuck Taylor/ Rocky Romero/ Trent Barretta- AEW Elevation
    • Johnny Gargano vs The Miz- RAW
    • Matt Riddle/ The New Day vs The Usos/ Solo Sikoa- RAW
    • Penelope Pink vs Sahara Spars- WOW
    • Dinamico vs Jimmy vs Black Destiny vs Baby Xtreme vs Noisy Boy- KAOZ Lucha Libre
    • Pretty Peter Avalon vs Brandon Cutler- AEW DARK
    • Brian Pillman Jr/ Griff Garrison vs QT Marshall/ Cole Karter- AEW DARK
    • Dante Martin vs Brian Cage- RAMPAGE
    • Athena vs Diamante- AEW DARK
    • Toni Storm/ Hikaru Shida vs Emi Sakura/ Mei Suruga- AEW DARK
    • RUSH vs El Bandido- RAMPAGE
    • Axiom vs JD McDonagh- NXT
    • Cameron Grimes vs Joe Gacy- NXT
    • Katana Chance/ Kayden Carter vs Nikkita Lyons/ Zoey Stark- NXT
    • Bryan Danielson vs Sammy Guevara- 2/3 Falls- DYNAMITE
    • Ethan Page vs Eddie Kingston- DYNAMITE
    • Anthony Bowen/ Max Caster/ Dax Harwood/ Cash Wheeler vs Colton Gunn/ Austin Gunn/ Shane Swerve Strickland/ Keith Lee- DYNAMITE
    • Jamie Hayter vs Skye Blue- DYNAMITE
    • Kamille/ KiLynn King vs Allysin Kay/ Marti Belle- NWA POWERRR
    • Kazuchika Okada/ YOH/ Amazing Red/ Eddie Kingston/ Homicide /Jon Moxley vs El Phantasmo/ Jay White/ Juice Robinson/ Jorel Nelson/ Royce Isaacs/Tom Lawlor- New Japan on AXS
    • Lluvia vs La Jarochita- CMLL
    • Chelsea Green vs Mickie James- IMPACT!
    • Gisele Shaw vs Jordynn Grace- IMPACT!
    • Madi vs Taya Valkyrie- NWA POWERRR
    • Satania vs La Hiedra- IWRG
    • Princesa Azul vs Sakura- IWRG

Oh man, we got some competition this week.  Danielson/Sammy or Usos/New Day? Or the Axiom/ JD McDonagh BANGER~!  Or the hellishly stiff Gisele Shaw/ Jordynn Grace match from IMPACT!  You had the ingenious Zack Sabre Jr/Evil match.  You had great untraditional matches like Athena versus Abby Jane and Athena versus Diamante.  On the fringe, Angelina loved punched Ella Envy right in the face, Penelope Pink and Saraha Spars had the best match in the new WOW so far and KiLynn King and Kamille made a great tagteam.  Man, there was a lot of Lucha Libre- with this week once again being heavy in the ladies' divisions, especially with the tournament in IWRG.  It was very hard to make the cuts this week.  Sorry, Kip Sabian. Hell, I had to cut a Wheeler Yuta/Claudio match.  There was a LOT of good wrestling this week.

-----------------------

THE CUT LIST: Magia Blanca/ Magnus/ Rugido vs Esfinge/ Fugaz/ Star Black- CMLL; Lady Shani vs Bengalee- IWRG; Invictus Khash vs Willie Mack- CWFH; Alex Reynolds vs Kip Sabian- AEW Elevation; Marcus Cross vs Kip Sabian- AEW DARK;  Claudio Castagnoli/ Wheeler Yuta vs Cezar Bononi/ Ryan Nemeth- AEW DARK; Kevin Martenson vs Big Hoss- CWFH; Averno /El Soberano Jr /Euforia vs Gran Guerrero/ Mistico/ Volador Jr- CMLL

• Like 2

• DEAN pinned this topic

IT's starting off with the two matches one would suspect but the dark horse, the Dynamite FTR/SIOG/The Acclaimed/The Gunns 8-man, is coming around the stretch!

I went for New Day Vs The Usos for my vote this week. 

Just a great tag team match with 2 teams who always have a banger of a match every time they wrestle. 

Also a great story for the match of The New Day getting frustrated.

I hope these two teams have a match once or twice a year and just tear the house down. 

• Like 3

New Day vs. Usos was the best match this week. That said, we have seen it plenty of times, and it will get enough votes. I went with JD/Axiom because it was pretty damn great and had a wonderfully disgusting finish that made JD look like a tremendous bastard and Axion looking greta trying to fight past it valiantly. Was a great use of referee stoppage. I think it and Bryan/Sammy are around the same level and were the best matches not involving the New Day and Usos.

Out of the women's' offerings I caught I surprisingly came away thinking Lluvia/Jarochita and Grace/Shaw were the best matches. The NXT women's tag titles match was good stuff and not far behind them, but Grace/Shaw impressed me with the passion and stiffness brought to the table. First time catching a match of Shaw's and I might have to check out more of her work. Jarochita/Lluvia just had some nice action in general with the two working well with each other, better than I have seen them with anyone else actually this past month or so.

SANADA/Narita was good stuff though with this third match fo Narita I have to say while I like him he is missing the intensity Shibata had/has. Narita doesn't give off that same feel of having something to prove be that to himself or someone else. Kind of curious how far will he really manage if he doesn't find it. The jr. tag titles match was another fun one. BUSHI and Titan make a good team. 8-man tag was good fun and better than the AXS elimination tag.

Out of big tags I have to give it to AEW with FTR/Acclaimed vs. SIOG/Gunns. That was truly good fun and probably just within or outside of my top five for the week depending on my mood. Still I do think the heels not taking it actually hurt it a pinch for me. That really felt like the time for either FTR or Acclaimed to eat a loss.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

Out of the women's' offerings I caught I surprisingly came away thinking Lluvia/Jarochita and Grace/Shaw were the best matches. The NXT women's tag titles match was good stuff and not far behind them, but Grace/Shaw impressed me with the passion and stiffness brought to the table. First time catching a match of Shaw's and I might have to check out more of her work. Jarochita/Lluvia just had some nice action in general with the two working well with each other, better than I have seen them with anyone else actually this past month or so.

Jarochita is a WRESTLING MACHINE.  That's how you carry a match with a game but kind of awkward technico.

• Like 1

New Day/Usos is a match that I'll remember for a really long time. The other matches that really have stood out to me this year at a really high lever are the "Yuta impresses the BCC" classic, the Eddie Kingston War Games and Acclaimed/SWITG.

I think it was the absolute best-case-scenario of what only the WWE can do. They tapped into their lore and extended universe while letting four awesome wrestlers go out and have a great match with a fantastic story. It's a match that some 8-year-old watched with his dad or something and became a fan for life.

• Like 3

Gisele Shaw vs. Jordynne Grace was fucking bonkers.   Maybe the best match I have seen on IMPACT all year and eclipsing a lot of women's matches in other organizations as well.   Has the KO's division returned to the glorious Beautiful People era where it was the only reason to watch Impact or pro wrestling in general?

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

The Sami/Dragon match was excellent but that was "wrestling nerd" excellent and not something with any stakes or anything I'll remember three weeks from now besides "oh yeah, that was a great match." I am actively campaigning for New Day/Usos and will die on this hill. 

• Like 2

• DEAN unpinned this topic