DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 11/11/2022

The Natural

I wish for everyone to be patient with the Jungle Boy. It's not an easy job, and it is a slow process, but young Jack is clearly honing his craft. Not a blowaway opening talk segment, but good and Christian is always a pleasure. I like the effort being made here to make this special. JB-SoreAss was terrific here in Toronto, and a Steel Cage match between the two is a potential darkhorse. Luchasaurus has been quietly really strong, and consistently so for awhile now. I like a promo that forecasts a match like Pac v Rey Fenix! Penta too! There seems to be a swell of appreciation for B. Cage lately, and for good reason. I suspect some time away was a great way for Brian to re-evaluate his entire game. He's been strong, and will make for a nice opponent to Rick Starks I assume. Comparatively speaking, a Lance Archer v B. Cage bout sounds 'fairly' great too. So so happy to hear Darius Martin is back in the fold. And further excited for AR Fox getting a well earned spot on TV. Stoked for Fox-Serpentico on Monday or Tuesday? AEW Rampage: The College Years is next and offers Lee Moriarty v Hook, and I very much like it! House of Black needs to give Fuego a ripe beating to win back my love! Or... get beaten handily by a few teams (Brody excluded). I'd like for both Buddy and Malakai to watch and study the tape of Bill Alfonso v Beulah McGillicutty in ECW, and then offer up a similar Fonzie type loss to either Trent Baretta or Frankie Kazarian. Or how bout FUEGO! Roosh v Bandido was exciting to look forward to here. It would be great to have this type of Workers bout every Saturday Morning (see Friday) for potential pre-show word of mouth anticipation and excitment. I wish they had let these two Luchadores go a little longer, and dropped another segment (*breathe Tony Khan). I think it's all that it needed. Not entirely a clean bout here, but clean enough to be fine entertainment. I'm okay with a protected finish. Mostly because it tells me they have high hopes for both. Roosh is a wonderful heel, and I have high ceiling hopes for Bandido. He's got some prior business to expect from Chavo I presume? I don't think the Jake Hager-Claudio-Renee segment was entirely successful, but I liked it. The Nyla Rose-Jade angle hasn't been great storytelling, but it's a solid try. It's also clear what a great babyface Jade is becoming. Speaking of great babyfaces, Cassidy continues to be the recognized symbol of excellence in sports entertainment. And AEW continues to grind out these fun shows! 

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 5

51 minutes ago, hobo joe said:

Still time to add four to six matches to this card...

Sad but true. Just off the top of my head, FTR vs The Ass Club and Wardlow vs Powerhouse Hobbs and/or Samoa Joe are two matches they've been building for a while that I wouldn't be surprised to see added.

• Like 2

On 11/12/2022 at 5:17 AM, Matt D said:

• I had been looking forward to Cage vs Dante as I thought Cage would see all the opportunities present with him, would still work big because he almost had to due to the size advantage, but he probably loves Dante Martin since that's the sort of wrestler he would want to be. The suplex catch on the outside was amazing and they kept pressing things forward a bit more than usual due to the commercial break (which, I appreciate the slow down portion of the house style, but on a show with a bunch of matches, you want some variety). Dante's come a long way and certainly looked like he could hang and even win against a guy as big as Cage which is a testament. Obviously the story here is that Starks will have to work his way through two giants to the finals. The full nelson slam was a great near-fall and Weapon X looked as good as I'd ever seen it. Fun match.

Are we assuming that Starks goes all the way? Cause assuming that MJF goes over Mox at FG then one of them loses at Winter Is Coming. Would it be too soon to have Starks lose his big title shot? He's been pretty protected so far (lost the FTW title to hubris as much as anything)

I think you have Ricky come up short against MJF the first time, then have him win the tnt title from hobbs, drop it to some heel that needs the heat, then have him win some #1 contender thing and have him be the guy to go over MJF like mid 2023.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

My guess is 6 more counting the pre show. You know they're gonna get Joe / Wardlow / Hobbs on there. Plus The Elite vs Lucha Brothers seems to me like it's going to happen. Plus the finals of the tournament. That gets you to 11. Then 3 more pre show matches.

That is a WHOLE SECOND PAY PER VIEW CARD. FFS.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zendragon said:

Are we assuming that Starks goes all the way? Cause assuming that MJF goes over Mox at FG then one of them loses at Winter Is Coming. Would it be too soon to have Starks lose his big title shot? He's been pretty protected so far (lost the FTW title to hubris as much as anything)

Texas is Starks' second home so he'd be something of a local challenger at Winter is Coming. It'd still be an elevation for him to main event and come close.

• Like 3

Tourney finals are already on the show, so that’s one more match right there.

You’re almost certainly going to get Wardlow v Hobbs v Joe, Elite v Death Triangle, and Hook v Lee Moriarty. Three more.

Probably FTR v Gunn Club, and maybe Best Friends v Factory or OC v QT

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zendragon said:

I think Ricky barely makes it threw the monsters and then puts up a fight but runs out of gas against Page in the finals. Page goes on to face MJF to blow off the Stoke thing. I don't think they're gonna turn MJF face, but I don't think they're going to shy away from the fact he gets a lot of support from the crowd.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, elizium said:

I think Ricky barely makes it threw the monsters and then puts up a fight but runs out of gas against Page in the finals. Page goes on to face MJF to blow off the Stoke thing. I don't think they're gonna turn MJF face, but I don't think they're going to shy away from the fact he gets a lot of support from the crowd.

Page was the only guy to have his participation in the tourney announced prior to the brackets being released and the only guy who got to cut promos in advance about the tournament. Combine that with the built-in angle with MJF and I think it's close to a lock that he's winning.

3 hours ago, tbarrie said:

Page was the only guy to have his participation in the tourney announced prior to the brackets being released and the only guy who got to cut promos in advance about the tournament. Combine that with the built-in angle with MJF and I think it's close to a lock that he's winning.

Starks announced his entry as well.