DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK TEN

RIPPA

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

Vikings somehow won the craziest game in recent memory.

And now Fox trying to sell that Boys/Pack is still "America's Game of the Week"

Savage vs Steamboat just blew Hulk vs Andre off the card

• Haha 5

That Bills fumble set in motion a series of events that dropped the Bills from the projected #1 seed to the projected #6 seed.

The Bills remaining schedule is 3-6 Browns, 3-6 Lions, 5-4 Patriots twice, 6-3 Jets, 7-3 Dolphins, 3-7 Bears, 5-4 Bengals.

The Dolphins remaining schedule is Bye Week, 1-7-1 Texans, 4-4 49ers, 5-3 Chargers, 6-3 Bills, 3-6 Packers, 5-4 Patriots, and 6-3 Jets.

The Jets remaining schedule is 5-4 Patriots, 3-7 Bears, 8-1 Vikings, 6-3 Bills, 3-6 Lions, 3-7 Jaguars, 6-4 Seahawks and 7-3 Dolphins.

The Chiefs remaining schedule is 5-3 Chargers, 3-5 Rams, 5-4 Bengals, two games vs the 3-6 Broncos, 1-7-1 Texans, 6-4 Seahawks, and 2-6 Raiders.

So we're just a few Patriots divisional wins from them sneaking into one of the wild card spots.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

That Bills fumble set in motion a series of events that dropped the Bills from the projected #1 seed to the projected #6 seed.

The Bills remaining schedule is 3-6 Browns, 3-6 Lions, 5-4 Patriots twice, 6-3 Jets, 7-3 Dolphins, 3-7 Bears, 5-4 Bengals.

The Dolphins remaining schedule is Bye Week, 1-7-1 Texans, 4-4 49ers, 5-3 Chargers, 6-3 Bills, 3-6 Packers, 5-4 Patriots, and 6-3 Jets.

The Jets remaining schedule is 5-4 Patriots, 3-7 Bears, 8-1 Vikings, 6-3 Bills, 3-6 Lions, 3-7 Jaguars, 6-4 Seahawks and 7-3 Dolphins.

The Chiefs remaining schedule is 5-3 Chargers, 3-5 Rams, 5-4 Bengals, two games vs the 3-6 Broncos, 1-7-1 Texans, 6-4 Seahawks, and 2-6 Raiders.

So we're just a few Patriots divisional wins from them sneaking into one of the wild card spots.

So what are you trying to say about Buffalo? Looking at their schedule it looks like W, Easy W, At least one W, W (they’ll bounce back from that earlier L), W (at home), W, and W

Miami meanwhile looks like Easy W, L (it’s at SF), W, L (at Buffalo), W, W, and W 

Which if it finishes that way Buffalo would win the Division. 

KC will easily get the #1 seed at this rate though. 

• Like 1

Hindsight and all that, but how in the world do you call a sneak there? Shouldn't the Bills have gone 5 wide in a shotgun formation? Sure you risk a bad snap causing a safety. Or a holding penalty causing a safety. But doing a quick 2 yard slant is infinity more likely to get you a yard or two than a QB sneak off the the 1 inch line. Fumbled snaps are a pretty common occurrence when the QB's mind is busy doing all the calculus of which gap to choose and picking out who is coming and all that.

Oh yeah The NY Giants are SEVEN and TWO baby! There's 8 games left. If they can win half of them they will almost surely be in the playoffs. Wild. Never would have guessed that.

Per Twitter (since my Tweets won't embed for whatever reason):

The Vikings became the first team to beat the Bills at Highmark Stadium when trailing by at least 14 points at halftime.

The last time the Bills lost a home game with a halftime lead of 14 or more was on Nov. 10, 1968, at War Memorial Stadium.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 1:13 PM, supremebve said:

With that said, I think Josh McDaniels is on the short list of worst head coaches of all-time.  He's not just a bad coach, he's a historically bad coach who's only success has been questioned by his own players.  His own players have openly accused him of cheating to help them in his first season in Denver, when they went 8-8.  I've literally never heard players discount their own success to shit on their coach in any other situation.  

On 11/10/2022 at 1:20 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Just wait until the Raiders lose this weekend to the Colts.   

Dolfan N. NYC,  Super Genius

• Haha 4

I know that we talked about how bad Josh McDaniels has been earlier this week.  Everything we said was 100% valid, but all of that goes out the window after losing to The Colts in Jeff Saturday's first game as a head coach.  I wouldn't let that dude back into the locker room.  I'd fire him on the sideline.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LF2 said:

KC will easily get the #1 seed at this rate though. 

the Bengals are still going to be a tough one for either the Chiefs or Bills though.

1 hour ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Hindsight and all that, but how in the world do you call a sneak there?

Considering how large NFL linemen on both sides are these days, calling QB sneaks into a mass didn't make a lot of sense for either side. There's probably more value in going between tackle and TE than between center/guard or guard/tackle in runs. I've been thinking "bootleg run to the side" for a variety of short yardage situations and usually it doesn't happen.

Then again, the Chiefs don't call QB sneaks with Mahomes for good reasons, so when other teams do that and fail.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I know that we talked about how bad Josh McDaniels has been earlier this week.  Everything we said was 100% valid, but all of that goes out the window after losing to The Colts in Jeff Saturday's first game as a head coach.  I wouldn't let that dude back into the locker room.  I'd fire him on the sideline.

Raiders gave up a 36yd run to Matt Ryan. 

3 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

the Bengals are still going to be a tough one for either the Chiefs or Bills though.

Considering how large NFL linemen on both sides are these days, calling QB sneaks into a mass didn't make a lot of sense for either side. There's probably more value in going between tackle and TE than between center/guard or guard/tackle in runs. I've been thinking "bootleg run to the side" for a variety of short yardage situations and usually it doesn't happen.

Then again, the Chiefs don't call QB sneaks with Mahomes for good reasons, so when other teams do that and fail.

I remember my first football coach when teaching us our first play said, "as a football team, if you can't get positive yardage running off tackle, you can't do anything." If you fumble the snap it doesn't matter either way, but if you can't depend on your running back to get a yard or two to get you some breathing room, you should reevaluate pretty much everything else.  It's the fundamental building block of football offense for a reason, stop overthinking and just do what pretty much every football team has done since the game was invented.  If you want to do a QB sneak going into the end zone, I have less of an issue, because getting pushed back doesn't really cause any real harm.  But if your back is against the wall, hand it to your running back and make him earn his money.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said: