DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 11/7 - 11/13/2022

Dolfan in NYC

How May people even know - or care - who Ziggy Haim or Max the Impaler are?  It seems more like a couple obscure Indy wrestlers trying to drum up publicity over slight coincidences,

I think it’s more likely that Logan is cosplaying the main character from Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice (which stars a female Viking).

Edited by madl
  • Like 1

I really can't get over how great New Day/Usos was. I really think it is the absolute best type of storytelling that the WWE can do beyond any other professional wrestling company. 

1) The match itself was great. It felt like it was a match that a 10-year-old could watch and say "that's the best professional wrestling match I've ever seen." There are a lot of other matches better in terms of how wrestling snobs enjoy wrestling, but this was really a match you could show someone who has never watched wrestling as an example of why wrestling is awesome and why they should watch. It was four of the best to ever do it having a tag team match with all the beats that go into a tag match and told simply and coherently. A masterclass in Wrestling 101.

2) I was at the Raw when the New Day broke the record. I remember it being really fun. But I also remember that coming out of nowhere. I have no idea who they beat. I remember Stephanie made them have another match. But it felt like something they fell into and realized (or probably Xavier realized it) a few hours before the show began. So it was a fun moment but one that didn't feel organic.

This was organic. They had been pushing this for a few weeks. Maybe they didn't plan on this when The Bloodline angle began, and maybe they had too many Usos/New Day matches earlier this year for this to really feel singularly special. But this did feel really special.

You can only do that by tapping into the lore of having decades of storytelling.  I think HHH really understands and appreciates that. It's one thing to say this is a special night. It's another thing to show the receipts. And if you can really make a case that these are the best tag teams in WWE history going at it, and one of them has the record the other wants to take, and reference their past history (loved on Raw when The Usos referenced how Kofi-Mania doesn't happen without their Gauntlet Match forefeit), then make it. 

They put real stakes and had a real history on a match that in a vacuum by itself was a fantastic "Wrestling 101" match. 

Standing ovation all around. 

• Like 4

Yeah I was upset that Sarah stole Max's facepaint. Whatever. It's still Sarah Logan on my TV again. 

I was definitely in and out on this episode but yes again, Usos/New Day was fire. I don't actually think I've seen a heel Usos vs. them yet (or perhaps vs. anyone) and they are some stiff mean bastards nowadays. I also happened to pop back in for the mic cut and just switched back away in embarrassment. Let's leave that viewing for Botchamania, shall we? It'll feel less egregious. 

Sarah wore the same outfit back in this year's Royal Rumble. The only difference is the facepaint addition which is probably to push the viking witch feel more.

3 hours ago, madl said:

I think it’s more likely that Logan is cosplaying the main character from Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice (which stars a female Viking).

Taking a quick look at google I'm guessing both Max & Sarah were inspired by that game. 

• Like 1

Few of the NXT wrestlers also appear on Main Event nowadays. I'm not sure if this is new, but Main Event sometimes has backstage skits to build up matches.

The 20th anniversary Tribute to the Troops was taped.  I haven't regularly watched those special Troop shows in years. Anyway this episode is Triple H's and his crew first booked edition

Drew McIntyre, Sheamus and Ricochet vs Imperium 

Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler vs Tamina and Emma

Braun Strowman vs LA Knight

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
5 hours ago, SprintingFromAmerica said:

fwiw there's a good chance that Sarah Logan is at least friendly with Sonny Kiss:

(breastfeeding pic, no idea if it will preview so spoilering)

Maybe you know something I don't, but personally I'd suggest it's probably counter-productive to assume someone is 'gender critical' or anti-trans or whatever.

Could we not bring trans people into this please. We have enough problems without being lumped in on why Sarah Logan is a doofus.

Thank you.

I don't see any of them save maybe Braun and the Good Brothers coming back with a paycut. Bray if anything had every right to demand an increase. Everyone else was basically just coming from NXT or left/were released while still in NXT. The latter probably got paid more.

That table spot was just a bad idea.

• Thanks 1

Re: Max and Logan... yeah they are pretty similar and yeah if I was Max I'd be irked but wrestlers have been ripping off Mad Max movies for looks for generations now and hence they are gonna end up looking the same sometimes. Plus there are plenty of other reasons to not care for Sarah Logan already.

Great, what stupid shit did she say?

I sped through NXT. The Axiom match was wild, finish was gross; I actually wish they would have just thrown up the X and tried to fool everyone. Seeing Charlie Dempsey at last is cool. The hoss match was appropriately brutal and the tag main was workratey but good. Lyons is a big old gal... I'll stop there. Nothing else on this including the four or so separate skits was of any interest.

• Like 1

I looked a bit further into it....and tbh it's pretty weak sauce. The boogaloo comment was ignorant, clearly - but people have ran away with for their own not particularly purposes (she also posted in support of #blacklivesmatter). And look, I get that the whole 'viking' subculture is some wacky foolishness that probably can't be completely divorced from Richard Wagner and all kinds of problematic nonsense. And yeah, they probably have some 'funky' acqauintances - I read that Erik/Raymond used to hang out with skinheads in Ohio and yeah 8-Ball says pretty f'n likely. No doubt the demographic she was (is?) courting with her social media contains some terrible people. She likes guns a bit much, she probably voted for Trump, she didn't like wearing her mask cuz muhfreedom - but that's a lot of people, and at least two of these issues are mostly dead talking points now. We're up our tits in circumstantial, but the Boogaloo reference is no head-shot.

My best guess, there have been people who have talked to her - Ruby Soho was living on her farm at least fairly recently, probably why she knows a bunch of AEW people. And that's the way you try to handle this shit, or the way that will actually work anyway. I'm not against a bit of cancellation when someone actually does some dirt (Hulk Hogan framistan lol), but this ain't that, she doesn't owe David Bixenspan or anyone else a public confession of sins, and some people are just going to have to learn to live with the fact that some people are going to have different values than you  - you have to either 'allow it' as we say in Londontown or else do the work of actually listening and persuading to those you can actually reach. Mostly she seems to be into having her family and having her farm, let her fucking grill her antelope or whatever.

Edited by SprintingFromAmerica
HH framistan

I can get down with a package heavy Smackdown. After a fairly satisfying Rampage - Less is more!

New Day and the Usos went hard down the wire, and made for a helluva match. Xavier Woods is very impressive. Loved that Alabama Jam! Not that I expected it, but I would’ve loved for Escobar and Nakamura to have time to kick it into another gear. I’m of the opinion that LA Knight is hilarious and a terrific midcard heel act. This is the first time I’ve given a shit about Windham Rotunda, and I suggest Knight made it happen (sorta). Couldn’t pay attention to the ladies 8 way. Fleshtone-bodysuit-clad Emma has eyes for the Madcap! Makes sense. Loved the further adventures of the Bazlerker and Rousey. Great team! Grrreat team! Is there any possibility that they give Ali and Riccochet enough time to do something special? WALTER just rules, and I’m a fan of the Imperiums. Ludwig Kaiser is the darkhorse. Tho, he's still finding the balance between charismatic and cartoon. Strowman’s won my attention with some fun performances. I’m not surprised he makes poorly considered comments online (looks like Logan has him beat). I really like the Vikings, but kinda wish they’d tone down the cosplay style. Might be even more necessary if this Logan report catches any attention. I like a Bloodline-Magnum D.McI./Brutes battle. Had to skim there to get to the action, but again, no issue with brevity in my tape delay Saturday morning Smackdown! Wrestling ‘22 is fuckin' rockin’.

Edited by HarryArchieGus

8 hours ago, SprintingFromAmerica said:

My best guess, there have been people who have talked to her - Ruby Soho was living on her farm at least fairly recently, probably why she knows a bunch of AEW people. And that's the way you try to handle this shit, or the way that will actually work anyway.

Amen. One of my biggest critiques of the 21st century left is that for all of their, "We fight bigotry" bravado, their methodology leaves much to be desired. I think your average rank-and-file liberal means well, but they've been taught to be mocking, dismissive, condescending, and outright hateful to anyone with an opposing opinion. And they've had this moral absolutist view of social issues pressed upon them, so that wearing black face in a Halloween costume draws the same ire as burning crosses. And all any of this does is piss people off and make them defensive, and makes racists backslide further into racism. We're left with everyone getting angrier and angrier on both sides. 

And angry people are so much easier to control. Whether it's Tucker Carlson or Rachel Maddow directing that anger is besides the point. Two sides of the same coin. Compromise is a necessity to the human condition, but these days everyone wants to be Rorschach. I'm surprised we haven't torn down all the Henry Clay statues...

• Like 3

Re: Sarah Logan... I'm not going to go very deep on this because we don't do politics here (and for good reason). But there's two sides here. Her side (she's free to like whatever she wants to like because this is a free country right). The other side (people are free to not like her because of it because this is a free country right). Why do the people that support her right to like or not like whatever she likes, then criticize those turned off by her choices that they don't like? It's this subtle double standard thing that really annoys me. She can like whatever she wants. If you support that fact, then quit harping on people that don't like those choices. Because you're doing the same exact thing you're spending two paragraphs ranting against.

As for Survivor Series, I hope he keeps elimination matches. I think he will. I think we're done with brand vs brand stories. I think it's all going to be real actual stories. Bloodline vs Brutes is probably going to be the men's War Games. I hope we get OC vs Judgement Day in a Survivor Series Match. Since the Raw women have War Games, maybe they do a women's SD Survivor Series match too.

4 hours ago, The Comedian said:

Amen. One of my biggest critiques of the 21st century left is that for all of their, "We fight bigotry" bravado, their methodology leaves much to be desired. I think your average rank-and-file liberal means well, but they've been taught to be mocking, dismissive, condescending, and outright hateful to anyone with an opposing opinion. And they've had this moral absolutist view of social issues pressed upon them, so that wearing black face in a Halloween costume draws the same ire as burning crosses. And all any of this does is piss people off and make them defensive, and makes racists backslide further into racism. We're left with everyone getting angrier and angrier on both sides. 

And angry people are so much easier to control. Whether it's Tucker Carlson or Rachel Maddow directing that anger is besides the point. Two sides of the same coin. Compromise is a necessity to the human condition, but these days everyone wants to be Rorschach. I'm surprised we haven't torn down all the Henry Clay statues...

Nah. This nonsense that they become more racist and fascist because everyone else forces them do it is pathetic abuser ideology. They can come into the house when they stop rolling around the backyard in their own shit. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Nah. This nonsense that they become more racist and fascist because everyone else forces them do it is pathetic abuser ideology. They can come into the house when they stop rolling around the backyard in their own shit. 

See, you're being condescending and dismissing me as nonsensical.

Don't talk down to people who disagree with you on socio-political things. You've been fed too many "dur dur Fox News 'Murica" strawmen. Hell, I've never watched Fox News in my life. I don't even like talking about this shit, I just feel compelled to offer a different viewpoint here from time to time...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

See, you're being condescending and dismissing me as nonsensical.

Don't talk down to people who disagree with you on socio-political things. You've been fed too many "dur dur Fox News 'Murica" strawmen. Hell, I've never watched Fox News in my life. I don't even like talking about this shit, I just feel compelled to offer a different viewpoint here from time to time...

Relax, you’re allowed to be wrong. 

• Thanks 5

I mean let me just come out and say it: if someone is VERY into Viking lifestyle stuff it is basically a coin flip that they are also heavily into white supremacy. Now as far as I know has Logan ever come out directly and said white supremacist stuff? No, I don't believe so. However when you look at all the stuff she has in fact said and publicly aligned with... I can't blame anyone for looking at her very suspiciously and not offering her any benefit of the doubt. There's lot of likely right-leaning wrestlers and most fans are fine with it as long as they don't go full Q (some aren't and if you want to criticize them fair enough) but the deal with Logan is well beyond that.

Sorry if that bumps up against the board rules, I tried to aim well within them.