DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 11/7 - 11/13/2022

Dolfan in NYC

About Austin Theory, I kinda feel like we should trust Papa H and the direction they've got for Theory.

Why just for instance, what's the wrestlemania where Rhea was on a dominant run through NXT before Charlotte decided to challenge, and eventually dethrone Ripley? And then Rhea flounders for like a pretty good while, iirc, and good ole reliable Papa H says in an interview that the fans should trust the process and wait to see how things would play out for Rhea.

Yeah, the good ole days.  Pepperidge Farm remembers.

/s

• Haha 2

I’m just happy I finally got to see an official Money In The Bank cash in live. I’d seen Daniel Bryan attempt to cash in on Smackdown (in the same arena from Monday night), but it was overturned not even five minutes later.

To me the only good use of the case (other than Roman destroying Theory in 4.2 seconds) would have been if they’d had him cash in at Halloween Havoc like they’d teased. Putting him back in NXT even until the Rumble probably would have helped him.

• Like 1

Got NXT frm last night in the background as white noise, and that woman with Chase U is giving major Cheri Oteri vibes from SNL during that backstage sketch scene. lmmfao And the main Chase U guy doing that Orton stomp while spelling CHASE was hilarious good shit pal

Quick question about Schism, out of all the NXT acts who were gonna invade and destroy shit, did any of them ever actually manage to win belts?

Like there was Ascension at one time, with Shaul Guerrero and one of the Colons yeah? Sanity, Wyatts maybe, am I missing anyone else (most likely yup)

Eta- They mention Von Wagner is also 2nd generation like Breakker, I saw Wagners real name is Bloom(?) Is he Albert/A-Trains kid?

Edited by Hayabusa
Von Wagners daddeh

The WWE 24/7 title has been officially retired. 

Years ago USA network came up with lot of bad ideas for WWE to use, and the 24/7 was the least bad idea. Vince picked the 24/7 title just to make USA network shut up.

48 minutes ago, Hayabusa said:

Got NXT frm last night in the background as white noise, and that woman with Chase U is giving major Cheri Oteri vibes from SNL during that backstage sketch scene. lmmfao And the main Chase U guy doing that Orton stomp while spelling CHASE was hilarious good shit pal

Quick question about Schism, out of all the NXT acts who were gonna invade and destroy shit, did any of them ever actually manage to win belts?

Like there was Ascension at one time, with Shaul Guerrero and one of the Colons yeah? Sanity, Wyatts maybe, am I missing anyone else (most likely yup)

Eta- They mention Von Wagner is also 2nd generation like Breakker, I saw Wagners real name is Bloom(?) Is he Albert/A-Trains kid?

Von Wagner is El Hijo Del Beverly (Wayne Bloom)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hayabusa said:

About Austin Theory, I kinda feel like we should trust Papa H and the direction they've got for Theory.

He's still young so even if he isn't as high of a Priority as he was when Vince was running Hunter can go back to him when he's more polished. I agree with Alvarez that having him cash in for the US title was better for him right now because he wasn't going over Roman or whomever he drops the belt to by Mania. If Roman or whomever pinned him clean, they'll be the Babyface in going over and everyone will forget about it like when Sandow Cashed in on Cena. I do remember Sandow got alot of offense but I'm sure most people barely remember it.

• Like 1

If they're gonna fully unify the men's tag belts,  I guess the straps with the Kurt Angle and the murderer as the first holders have to go. 

Reportedly KOTR 2023 will be all the tournament matches in one night.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Red King said:

If they're gonna fully unify the men's tag belts,  I guess the straps with the Kurt Angle and the murderer as the first holders have to go. 

I'm still surprised WWE kept those, the WWE Tag Team Titles for that reason and how the WWF World Tag Team Championship with the longer history and biggest names (Hart Foundation, Demolition, Legion of Doom, Edge and Christian, Hardy Boyz) was replaced by it.

Edited by The Natural

On 11/10/2022 at 1:26 AM, The Natural said:

I'm still surprised WWE kept those, the WWE Tag Team Titles for that reason and how the WWF World Tag Team Championship with the longer history and biggest names (Hart Foundation, Demolition, Legion of Doom, Edge and Christian, Hardy Boyz) was replaced by it.

I wasn't surprised at all,  WWE retired titles with history before those were retired. The lineage of those old defunct tag titles (not history and records) still continues via absorption 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2022 at 11:49 PM, Red King said:

Reportedly KOTR 2023 will be all the tournament matches in one night.

I don’t know if the blue belts go or not. The title history goes back to Heath and Rhyno not Angle and Benoit. Or at least that’s what I found while searching. It does make sense based on the fact they’d been unified up until that point for years.

32 minutes ago, LF2 said:

I don’t know if the blue belts go or not. The title history goes back to Heath and Rhyno not Angle and Benoit. Or at least that’s what I found while searching. It does make sense based on the fact they’d been unified up until that point for years.

They will be black leathered anyway. The old red belts have to go.

Edited by Red King
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Red King said:

They will be black leathered anyway. The old red belts have to go.

From having attended Raw this week you’re definitely right. The red ones need to go, and I have no clue what’s happened to the Smackdown belts but they’re not remotely blue anymore. Black leathered is definitely what all the belts should be (just to keep their color better).

I'm not a fan of colored straps for the belts at all. In theory all men's titles on black straps and women's on white straps makes sense. But the white straps wear off quick and start looking dirty. I'd just make everything on a black strap. The fans aren't as dumb as Vince treated them. They can keep track of what show they're watching without all the belts having that color belt strap.

Especially if everything gets unified permanently. Do the men's world title with a black strap and a gold WWE logo swoosh. Do the women's world title on a black strap with a white logo swoosh. Do the same with the men's and women's tag titles. Black straps with gold plates, elevate and 3D the WWE logo in front of the globe (in the rumored new tag title design) and gold / white swooshes. Make them the same designs like the world titles.

Pairity between the divisions is a good look presentation wise. Men & women's world & tag titles are the same and equal.

• Like 2

It's the Usos and the New Day again.  The kittens are back, and their only focus is walking across my keyboard.  If it gets weird, it is Button or Maude expressing their teeny opinions on the professional wrestling.  Kofi Kingston does a top turnbuckle TRUST FALL!  This IS like the Packers and the Cowboys- with the Usos as the Packers and the New Day are the Cowboys continually in the playoffs.  Kofi Kingston is Dez Bryant not having a pass reception called a pass reception.  Button is walking in front of the screen and it is adorable.  Anyway, we've seen this match like 90 times now.  I remember getting tired of the Fantastics versus the Midnight Express but this is good.  Fun nearfall on a LUNG BLOWER by Xavier Woods!  Another fun nearfall after a Guillotine Legdrop by Woods.  FUNNEST nearfall after Kingston hits an SOS!  SUPER KICK PARTY!  FUNNESTEST nearfall after a double Splash by the Usos!  FUNNESTESTREST nearfall after a Midnight Hour by Kofi!  MORE SUPERKICKS!  Usos hit the 3-D for the win!  That was great.  It's Shinsuke Nakamura against Santos Escobar in the Smackdown World Cup!  A puroresu legend and a luchadore meet at WWE pro style.  This is good.  All of Legado de Fantamo take turns distracting Nakamura.  Gnarly finisher by Escobar, a toprope Michinoku Driver!  That was good.  SHOTZI IS DRIVING THE TANK!  Raquel Rodriguez comes out.  Oh geez, a six way.  Wade Barrett calls this a clusterfuck pre-match and I admire his honesty.  Let's see, shall we? I assume Sonya Deville is losing.  It's hard to concentrate on what is going on because shit is happening in three different areas.  I had totally forgotten about Lacey Evans.  Sonya gets three quick nearfalls on three different gals.  Actually, Xia Li is probably losing this one.  It is her DESTINY!  Actually, Shotzi could lose this.  She's not getting a push to the title.  Liv Morgan jumps on Raquel as she is trying to somehow put Deville through a table and I'm guessing someone was supposed to go through the table.  HEY!  Maybe they are pushing Shotzi to the title.  Lacey Evans takes the loss as I assume her push is sitting at a restaurant table with Vince McMahon.  It's Jinder Mahal!  It's Braun Strowman! CONTROVERSIAL!  No flips in this match!  The kittens are asleep.  I think they like high flying.  Strowman will usually tell a little story in his match but that was a bear mauling.   Sarah Logan is a cosplay of Max the Impaler, accompanying the Viking Raiders who beat up a bunch of folks.  The tag match was great.  The Nakamura/Escobar match was pretty good.  The rest was kind of killing time, advancing a few storylines.  I'll take it.  SHEAMUS MIC DOESN'T WORK!  Everybody beats up everybody!

• Like 3

Usos vs. New Day was great as expected with both teams busting out nearly all they could to put each other away.

Nakamura/Escobar was decent enough. Dug the avalanche finisher actually winning the match.

The women's six-pack challenge was kind of just there with the big spot towards the end not really going off well and killing the actual end as a result. Shotzi's segment with Shayna and Ronda was decent. Shotzi/Ronda should be good with Shotzi and Ronda both in their proper places as face and heel this time around. Still I wish Shotzi had a bit more work done as a character in the weeks leading up to this.

Braun/Jinder was an alright squash.

Viking Raiders returning to destroy the new teams in Hit Row and LDF was decent. 

Sheamus's mic failing sucked, but the final segment was all about the brawl anyways. Assuming this is 8 out of 10 WarGames participants with Sami coming in as part of the Bloodline I'm curious who is on the faces side.

The World Cup doesn't interest me too much, but I kind of want Braun to win. Him vs. GUNTHER could be pretty interesting as a match.

• Like 1

Twitter dunking on Satin 😶

is Sara logan legit ripping off Max the Impalers look? Saw this brought up on Facebook and had to look up Max

Ordering from Amazon vs ordering from Wish

/s

Edited by Hayabusa

@DEANJust put me down as a vote for New Day vs. Usos in the next poll. That match fucking ruled. They didn't just tear the house down, they told the story of the New Day trying to keep their record against their number one rivals, who are now on top of the world. It was perfect storytelling in every way, physical and psychological. Like, I knew the Usos were gonna win, but they made me forget about that and more importantly, they made the live crowd believe that New Day we're going to pull it out. I can't praise the match enough. They're the Rock n Rolls/ Midnights of modern wrestling.

• Like 2

I just have a hard time believer that Sarah Logan even recognizes Max the Impaler as a person much less a wrestler given her political leanings.   Plus it isn't like Logan just started pretended to be this Viking kind of person.  She has been in the lifestyle since being married to Erik.    So I don't believe she stole it.  But I do 100% believe in the "difference between Twitter verified then and now" tweet in comparing her. 

fwiw there's a good chance that Sarah Logan is at least friendly with Sonny Kiss:

(breastfeeding pic, no idea if it will preview so spoilering)

Maybe you know something I don't, but personally I'd suggest it's probably counter-productive to assume someone is 'gender critical' or anti-trans or whatever.

• Like 1

First, they took Razerwyng's exact look and signature poses, gave them to A-Kid and called him Axiom. Then they took "The Final Girl" Ziggy Haim's nickname and gave it to The Rock's daughter. Then they turned Sarah Logan into a second rate Maga the Imposter? 

Once is possibly a coincidence. Three times in a couple of months is a pattern.

• Like 2