DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 11/7 - 11/13/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Last year's 2.0 vs. Black and Gold was pretty damn good. My favorite from NXT is still Team Rhipley vs. Team Baszler. Dakota's turn was just so damn great. Trying to recall if that was also the one where Io went Great Sasuke and dived on everyone with the trashcan over her head.

• Like 2

24/7 belt appeared on Raw, then Nikki retired it. It was a USA network idea. One less title.

I always forget how big boobed Bayley is. 

Since Mia Yim is back, then the Chelsea Green returning rumors must be true. I've read that they want to stack up the women divisions.

Ali is the only guy I don't care for on Raw. At least Johnny Wrestling slowly got a personality over the years.

Cashing in for the US title? Makes the US title more valuable for Raw.  Others online expect Triple H rather book the slow way with Austin Theory than Vince's wonky fast hotshot ways to the top. 

Cody probably is taking the belts off Roman. 

Why on earth would you cash in the Money in the Bank briefcase for the U.S. Title? What a waste of one of the better WWE gimmicks.

And RIP, 24/7 title. . .although we're probably going to get R-Truth fishing it out of the trash or something in a week or two.

R-Truth getting injured probably helped doom the 24/7 title?

Sorta like how I theorized that the radio station I listen to wouldn't have a major format change as long as they were promoting an upcoming concert, and then they had a slight format change during COVID when they couldn't promote concerts.

I just fucking said that Theory should cash in for the NXT title.

And instead he cashes in on the US title. And loses. He is easily the worst briefcase holder since Sandow. Austin Theory sucks.

Usos/Solo vs. New Day/Riddle was good.

Cedric/Corbin, Shelton/Theory, Otis/Elias were all nice despite being short. I wish Cedric and Shelton were still teaming.

The Damage Control/Nikki vs. Bianca and friends segment was fun and made completely by Asuka and Io arguing in Japanese before Io straight up called Asuka a bitch. Its been nice seeing WWE just let people talk in the native languages a decent amount of the time. Dana/Nikki was there. Part of me is sad to see the 24/7 title go due to what work Truth and Drake put into it, but it also was never achieving those heights again and has been worthless for over a year now.

The OC/Judgement Day segment was pretty decent. Yim as the counter to Rhea is not a bad choice. Curious to see if they do a traditional Survivor Series match, just mixed. The Rhea/Bianca tease later on was neat. 

Miz/Gargano was pretty good. The two worked together better than expected. Was neat seeing the Miz actively pissed off after gargano provided evidence backing his claims from last week. The finish was neat as well playing off the story fromt he past few months. Pushed what an opportunistic prick Miz can be.

The main event segment/match with Seth, Ali, Lashley, and Theory was kind of ridiculous and great at the same time. Pissed off Lashley is the best Lashley, and the crowd was more into him beating everyone's ass than they were anything else tonight. I hate MITB being used for any belt but the world titles, but Theory is also kind of a fucking idiot so this somehow works, especially since he still loses due to Lashley's ass whooping. 

Despite hating on Theory I think he actually is a good character be that as Gargano's dumbass adopted son or as the arrogant chosen one in over his head. The issue with him holding the briefcase was always that latter part. Theory just is nowhere near ready for a legit challenge, especially with Roman on top. It was just never going to work even with the Vince backing him as the angle. I admitted would have rather seen him lose the briefcase to someone else with the momentum and talent, but this ending still works for me.

Edited by Eivion

Sorry I'm late!  STUFF!  It's the Usos and Solo Sikoa against the New Day and Matt Riddle!  it's weird but I FINALLY can tell the difference between Jey and Jimmy.  Jey has Redneck With A Court Date hairstyle.  Solo is fucking awesome punching Riddle dead in the face.  Crazy EVEREST Snap Suplex by Riddle.  I notice how the New Day's offense looks strange when applied to Solo Sikoa, sort of like how Solo seems like he is such an ass stomper that he shouldn't be selling any of it.  I don't know- put GUNTHER and Sheamus and Butch and Sikoa in a sub-division of their own and keep everybody else away from them.  Riddle is a house a-fire!  He is very thigh slapping.  Suddenly, it's all breaking down!  Solo and the Usos do TWO secret tags, the second one by Solo who sneaks up on Riddle and hits a Uranagi for the win!  That was fun.  And there is a Cedric Alexander sighting!  Baron Corbin beats the life out of him.  Nasty Lariat by Corbin.  Cedric Alexander gets in some stuff until Baron CRUSHES him with a Flatliner Thingy.  Hey!  It's Mia Yim!  Her versus Rhea Ripley will be good.  Otis isn't dressed as a Chippendale so all of our hearts are broken.  He is wrestling Elias, who reminds me of Jim Powers but better.  Otis applies a Trapezius Grip!  Otis wins with a Bodyslam!   I don't think that's happened since like 1978.  IYO SKY and Asuka yelling at each other in Japanese is fucking GREAT.  BITCH!  Crazy Nikki is the BEST Nikki.  Hey! It's Shelton Benjamin!  He is a freak.  Austin Theory is on a good match streak!  Benjamin hits a GIGANTIC German Suplex.  He doesn't last much longer than that.  That was short.  Ya got three hours, guys.  It's Johnny Gargano versus the Miz!  The Miz has so much storyline going on with his matches that he can't really concentrate on his BattlARTSian offense.  Gargano is wrestling for two until the Miz hits a chunk of offense.  Gargano gets a bunch of nearfalls.  Gargano takes a short DDT like RVD.  The Miz makes a comeback and Gargano cuts him off and there are a lot of nearfalls, but the crowd seem to molten for it.  The Miz hits him in the head with a spare part to the ring.  Well, I guess they had to finish it somehow.  It's Dana Brooke!  Nikki Cross is NUTZ!  Cross goes all Snakepit on Brooke and she is the new 24/7 Champion!  Bobby Lashley takes on Seth Rollins and this should be good.  Both of these guys are bumping big for the other.  Rollins is totally the WWE Serpentico in this to Bobby Lashley's Lance Archer.  Austin Theory CASHES IN his Money In The Bank Thingy!  He can't put Rollins away!  Bobby Lashley comes out and beats the shot out of Austin Theory.  This is fun.  Rollins stomps him and wins!  No real great matches tonight but that was fun.  

• Like 2