DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2022 - WEEK ELEVEN

RIPPA

• RIPPA pinned this topic

Yeah, 4 is Tennessee. If the committee saw Bama’s resume as better than TCU’s last week, then Tennessee’s is definitely going to look better than TCU’s, head to head. Two Top 10 wins for Tennessee vs. just one Top 25 win for TCU. The Frogs have also not helped themselves by struggling to win most of their games. And they’ve been indirectly hurt by no one else in the Big 12 emerging as a contender, which has sapped the juice out of those early “big” wins over Oklahoma and OK State.

I think TCU needs a lot of help to get to the playoffs. Even undefeated, I don’t know that they would be valued over 1-loss Tennessee or 1-loss loser of the Big Game.

And they have another big problem on the horizon: the PAC-12 has 4 teams clustered just beneath TCU, and they’re all going to start playing each other this weekend. Oregon, USC, and UCLA have the opportunity to string together two huge wins down the stretch, which would likely catapult them over TCU. The Frogs really need those teams to cannibalize each other.

Edited by EVA

45 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

For anyone like me who’s terrified to watch any of the election results, ESPNU is playing Rutgers vs. Ball State in the 2008 International Bowl. Is there any reason for them playing it? Or did some Rutgers alum take over the control room? 

It was during the really good stretch they had under Schiano, but I don't know any real reason that game would be considered a classic or anything.

13 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

It was during the really good stretch they had under Schiano, but I don't know any real reason that game would be considered a classic or anything.

It’s not even a close game, Rutgers won 52-30. I can see the B1G Network putting it on to throw Rutgers a bone since they don’t have many classic games, but it’s so random for ESPNU. 

6 hours ago, DEAN said:

Waitaminute.  LIBERTY beat ARKANSAS?  

The perils of scheduling shitty teams years ago and having to play them after they get really good.

• Like 2

Have no idea how Oklahoma is 5-3.  This offense is really bad.  Oh wait they are 5-4.  Makes more sense

Also either JT Daniels is hurt and nobody is telling anyone or he was exactly what people said he was.  He has been awful in the last 3 weeks   Like worse than Jarrett Doege bad

Edited by hammerva

Very strange to be settling in for football on November 12th with the knowledge that Alabama is very likely going to have their third loss of the season by the end of it. You can tell from all of Kiffin’s media engagement this week that he knows (or at least thinks) he has Saban where he wants him, at last.

Can’t wait to see what changes Saban makes this offseason.