DVDVR Message Board

We Were Long Overdue...

Kevin Wilson

So who wants to run this thing?  After four months I think it is time we re-started and even though I personally don't really post in these type of threads much, I know you guys enjoy it.

I will do it of course if no one else wants to, but Ditch ran it beautifully before and I remember someone else saying they would do it if no one else was interested.  If I don't see threads pop up by tonight I will make them myself :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mind if someone starts a thread for it if they want to keep up with it :)

To be honest, I set up 2013 more as just a way to get back into it going into 2014 and get some recommendations for matches if people had gotten out of puroresu during the year.  It is hard sometimes to get excited about matches that are just being nominated now but happened seven months ago, plus it took a few weeks for "business" to pick back up since we went so long without this folder.  Unless he bails/gets the cramps I think my dear old friend JaeDMC is going to run the 2014 versions as he is more "into" the voting then I am, but I am going to try to participate myself next year.  We'll see if that actually happens :)

Yeah, I'll try and do it as close to how Ditch did it. Once the new baby is born next year I'll pretty much be up at all hours watching puro, just like last time, so I'll be able to keep up with everything.

• 2 years later...

I asked Kevin if it would be alright if I started up new threads and he said it's ok so I shall. No need for 6 threads,thinking of dividing it like this:

seperate thread for New Japan

thread for BJW/Zero-1/All Japan-traditional male wrestling promotions. Big Japan. I know. They do deathmatches and stuff. But they have been putting more and more emphasis on their strong division and seem to be working with All Japan now.

thread for NOAH, DDT, Dragon Gate-other promotions that aren't worked traditionally. NOAH would be here based on what's been going on there for the last two years and their relationship with New Japan which is not a traditionally worked promotion

thread for Joshi and all other promotions

• Like 1

Just a recommendation - when you nominate a match, suggest (if you can) how everyone else can watch it. Sometimes it is a simple as "it is on njpwworld" which is the answer for most New Japan matches, but if you saw a match uploaded on a random other site (veoh, rutube, youtube, DM, etc) providing the link will save someone the time of trying to find it.

Where is new puro found? The guy I am subscribed to on DM doesn't seem to be putting up as many shows as he used to. AJPW and BJW are glaring holes in his account now.

Veoh and rutube. I hate Veoh personally, it seems to not be very steady, but things don't get yanked off there so that is what he is going with. He posts the links here.

• Like 1

Where is new puro found? The guy I am subscribed to on DM doesn't seem to be putting up as many shows as he used to. AJPW and BJW are glaring holes in his account now.

Veoh and rutube. I hate Veoh personally, it seems to not be very steady, but things don't get yanked off there so that is what he is going with. He posts the links here.

So it has come full circle. We joshi fans almost 10 years ago used to use Veoh, when youtube had a 10 min limit. 

Don't download the player, someone was talking about it in another thread I recall(EDIT: there he is!). Quality is pretty poor though.

Does anyone else have problems with rutube? For me, the pages will load fine but not the player, it's just blank. Should I be going at it with something other than firefox?

First - yeah I am terrified of Veoh after Z's problems so I watch nothing there (there is stuff I need to see)

I am in this weird spot where I tend to not want to try and promote anything beyond Youtube and DM just to make sure things don't get taken down.

Since I figure - if they stay under the radar we can all watch.

• Like 1

I now put all the Joshi matches I upload to DM on private, then share the links on my twitter and on my website. I'll continue doing that for 2016, that is the only way I know of to stop them from being taken down.

If there is ever a highly recommended match I can try downloading it from rutube/veoh and put it on private on DM for those that can't/don't want to use those sites. But I'd only do that for special occasions of course :)

• Like 1

I think just watching it on the website is safe, just don't download the player.

I eventually got my money back (with no thanks to PayPal by the way). I'm still puzzled about the whole event, it was a very weird week for sure. I can give a detailed account of events, if anyone's interested.

One thing I can recommend is installing Malwarebytes Anti Exploit and Anti Roolkit in addition to whatever anti virus software you use. I also just found out after this happened, that there's a feature on the PayPal website, that sends you a TAN number to your mobile phone every time you log onto your account. Not a bad idea to turn that on.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...