NOW THE DUDES!  

Spoiler

#1 gtfo-this-is-my-trouf

#2 AmusingAnxiousHoneybadger-size_restricte

#3 giphy.gif

#4 469b741b-5cdb-4f51-adcc-7caca0bb7673_Che

#5a (tie!) 200w.gif?cid=6c09b9522yr7a8qxnma10asdqp5

#5b giphy.gif

Games start on Monday.  Regardless of the gender... Fuck Duke. 

• Haha 1

Mason opens at Auburn

I think we would have a better shot in football*

(* this joke works better if you know how shitty Auburn football is right now and that Mason doesn't have football)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Mason opens at Auburn

I think we would have a better shot in football*

(* this joke works better if you know how shitty Auburn football is right now and that Mason doesn't have football)

I'm so excited to be back to Bruce and the Boys season given how shitty Auburn football is right now. 

Reminder than like what seems like 90% of teams kick off their season today

Nothing really of consequence until Michigan St at Gonzaga on Friday (That is the game on the aircraft carrier)

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

My son has ruled VCU out as a possibility so I can go back to rooting against them

Posts like this suddenly remind me just how long this message board, in various forms, have been around.

• Like 3

FS1 is running "Big East Opening Night Tip-Off" if you wanted to see a broadcast switch to show you a few minutes of Butler whupping the University of New Orleans

Like it would be hard to just not keep the broadcast on Villanova/La Salle.

Anyways, St. Thomas (MN) getting some national airtime once their game with Creighton starts.

11 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

First night upsets:

Stetson over Florida State 83-74

Notre Dame (of Ohio) over Cleveland State, 72-68

That might be my favorite result of the season. You know Cleveland brought them in so they could say WE BEAT NOTRE DAME DURR HURR... yeah, about that.

And then there's this.

Best part of this is the USC coach (Andy Enfield) was Gulf Coast's coach the first time Dunk City was a thing.

• Like 1

Keyontae Johnson - two years removed from collapsing on the court while at Florida - started for Kansas St last night and had 13 points and 4 assists in 26 minutes of action

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Keyontae Johnson - two years removed from collapsing on the court while at Florida - started for Kansas St last night and had 13 points and 4 assists in 26 minutes of action

In case anyone was curious, Johnson graduated from Florida last spring, still had a year of eligibility and opted for K-State because the Gators were probably never going to use him in a serious role.

5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Let's look in on how my beloved Columbia Lions did last ni....

Oh.  Oh god.  

Alright, well then..  Um, go Dolphins. 

You're covered, brah.

BarrenFastAltiplanochinchillamouse-max-1

IR SCARY LION RAWWWRRRR 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

More joys of buy-in games gone horribly wrong: Louisville loses to cross-town Bellarmine for their first win over a Power-5 in program history.

The Knights were/are transitioning from D-II so they were ineligible for the Dance last season despite winning the A-Sun tournament and will remain ineligible this year. The NCAA's loss.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pete said:

More joys of buy-in games gone horribly wrong: Louisville loses to cross-town Bellarmine for their first win over a Power-5 in program history.

The Knights were/are transitioning from D-II so they were ineligible for the Dance last season despite winning the A-Sun tournament and will remain ineligible this year. The NCAA's loss.

Scotty Davenport is low-key one of the best coaches in the country. He's build a great program at Bellarmine.

I've been telling my son we should go to a Louisville basketball game this year. Maybe we should do Bellarmine instead? Although Cards tickets may be easier to get this year.

1 hour ago, Log said:

Scotty Davenport is low-key one of the best coaches in the country. He's build a great program at Bellarmine.

I've been telling my son we should go to a Louisville basketball game this year. Maybe we should do Bellarmine instead? Although Cards tickets may be easier to get this year.

Bellarmine play at Freedom Hall (the Cards' old stomping grounds). That alone makes it worth the trip.

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

Bellarmine play at Freedom Hall (the Cards' old stomping grounds). That alone makes it worth the trip.

No trip. I live in Louisville.

Freedom Hall is, well, not nice. The Cards may have the nicest arena for a college team in the country downtown at the Yum Center. Freedom Hall is a nice step up size-wise from Bellarmine's little gym.