DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK NINE

RIPPA

3 minutes ago, Travis Sheldon said:

I can't lay all the blame on Willis for being bad, the Titans receivers suck just as bad. 

Willis threw 16 passes (5 for 16), rushed 8 times and was sacked 3 times. Henry carried the ball 17 times.

In other words, Malik Willis got 27 plays (80 passing/40 running, minus 23 yards on sacks) and Derrick Henry got 17 plays to gain 115 yards.

There's such a huge gap between Henry and everybody else on that offense that you have to lean on Henry, especially during the long period of the game where the Titans had a lead.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Travis Sheldon said:

I can't lay all the blame on Willis for being bad, the Titans receivers suck just as bad. 

No Willis is bad. Which is why it shouldn't have shocked anyone why he didn't go early like the mock drafts had him. Can he be coached up? Remains to be seen. People that study this more than me says he's the same guy he was at Liberty. Makes one read then runs if the guy isn't open. His receivers aren't great but you need to connect at a better clip than 33%. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Panthers with a busy morning

Activated Sam Darnold and fired two more coaches 

AWESOME!  How long before the Cowboys sign him to take hot free agent Cooper Rush's place?

I'm watching the KC/Tennessee game now.  Willis is definitely the second best Virginia college quarterback on the day but his receivers are fucking awful.

The Colts have confirmed the Saturday hiring which is just mind blowing

Per Barnwell - the last time a team hired someone to be their HC with no coaching experience at any level was Norm van Brocklin in 1961.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Colts have confirmed the Saturday hiring which is just mind blowing

Per Barnwell - the last time a team hired someone to be their HC with no coaching experience at any level was Norm van Brocklin in 1961.

Pro Football Talk is saying the same. Van Brocklin went from being the NFL MVP in 1960 to the coach of the expansion Vikings in 1961 (after Bud Grant shot them down).

19 hours ago, DEAN said:

So Taylor Heinike is the New Age Billy Kilmer.  I am very old.

He is definitely the new age Rex Grossman.   Although even Grossman probably tell him to calm down on some of the throws

Listen to Washington laughed about hiring Jeff Saturday acting all "this is the kind of dumb shit Snyder would do" isn't as much of a diss that you think it is. 

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 2

Indy is a bigger dumpster fire than Washington. They just seem to always be a little better at throwing some mascara on and passing as a football team. Now that they’ve took it off I don’t doubt they’ll be right back where they were when Luck quit. 

Also I don’t remember the name of it but there was an NFL Top 10 show that had a segment on Norm Van Brocklin the coach and it was 1 of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. It showed him smoking cigarettes Dukes of Hazzard style while yelling out plays, cussing and using cutting edge 1970s slurs lol! All to the narration of people who knew him calling him rotten names. It ended with 1 of them saying “rotten S.O.B. God rest his soul.” 

• Like 3

The Colts basically spent the last four years trying desperately to do something with the roster they had built around Luck. They thought, not without reason, that they were ready to compete for the title when Luck blindsided them, and they kept convincing themselves that they just needed a plug and play QB to stay in that hunt. And the roster crumbled around them while they steadfastly stuck to spending resources on quick fix QBs that didn't fix anything.

Reich will probably be a QB coach or OC somewhere next year, and I won't be shocked if he ends up being one of the guys who gets a second chance after a few years of image rehabilitation.

• Like 1