DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK NINE

RIPPA

1 hour ago, LF2 said:

I get being mad you didn’t get traded to a winner, but come on. For $18 million per take some pride in your job, and man the hell up.

I hope there isn't actually a cause-and-effect link between the last two sentences of the tweet. You'd think someone would let him know he's hurting his own value if he quits on his team.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LF2 said:

What kind of crybabies do they have in Houston?

I get being mad you didn’t get traded to a winner, but come on. For $18 million per take some pride in your job, and man the hell up.

He's on the injury report for being butt hurt.  I mean, we're tanking anyways, so I don't think it really matters if he plays or not.  But it could potentially void his contract per Florio-rumor-speak.  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/03/brandin-cooks-could-be-in-danger-of-voiding-his-18-million-guaranteed-salary-for-2023/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

He's on the injury report for being butt hurt.  I mean, we're tanking anyways, so I don't think it really matters if he plays or not.  But it could potentially void his contract per Florio-rumor-speak.  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/03/brandin-cooks-could-be-in-danger-of-voiding-his-18-million-guaranteed-salary-for-2023/

Looking pretty darn good so far tonight for a team that's tanking.

The Eagles won similar to how the Bills won Sunday, which is how truly good teams win their winnable games. They went out there and just won like they knew what winning was about. It was nothing fancy. The Vikings have to do that to the Commanders in they want to be considered to be in the other 2 winner’s league IMO. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

The Eagles won similar to how the Bills won Sunday, which is how truly good teams win their winnable games. They went out there and just won like they knew what winning was about. It was nothing fancy. The Vikings have to do that to the Commanders in they want to be considered to be in the other 2 winner’s league IMO. 

This is a great description. The game was close for awhile but at no time did it ever feel like Philly was in danger. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Washington great Dave Butz has passed away at the age of 72

Weirdly, I was just talking about him. His parents lived next to my grandparents for a while in the early/mid-80's. I believe I may have met him when I was very young.

This is gonna be one of those adventrous weeks in FFL.   

Jonathan Taylor (Thomas) has been ruled out by Indy.

Keenan Allen has been ruled out by not-San DIego.  (Along with Mike Williams & Donald Parham)

Chuba Hubbard has been ruled out by Carolina. 

Yeah - Minnesota with the random "Lets through a Hail Mary when we are in FG range" sure didn't go well

As per usual - Washington has no offense but their opponent is letting them hang around